ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs to Work Out Geno Smith in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271509)

keg in kc 03-27-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9533850)
I don't agree.

I think Alex would be given the whole season. He would have to be Cassel-ish to get benched imo.

I think if they drafted Geno, then that would make the Alex Smith Trade look better. I'm sure most on this forum would disagree with me and call it a waste blah blah blah, but i don't see it that way at all.

No, it wouldn't be a waste at all. It's smart to have a capable veteran, even at the ridiculous price we overpaid for Alex Smith. The main opposition to that trade, at least for me, is that it handcuffed us and realistically took a QB (any QB, not just Geno) off the board as a possibility for 1:1. (I still believe that)

In any case, neither of them should be "given" anything. The one who establishes himself as the best player during the offseason and camp should win the job, and Geno should see the field at some point during the year, even if it's mop-up duty. Not that an Alex Smith led team is all that likely to have enough of a lead for that.

And while I don't believe it's a smokescreen, I'm sure there is a little gamesmanship going on. It's beneficial to project the image that you're just fine staying at one and taking someone. Like perhaps Geno Smith. Sends the message that a song and a dance to move up is not going to do it.

The Franchise 03-27-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9533861)
I am going to assume QB Daniel would be the BU to AS. But hey, Reid does appear to be shy sitting QB's when they suck -- if Daniel doesn't do it then Reid will look to the next guy.

I think Chase Daniel is going to be our backup QB going forward into the future. Reid knows that you need a capable backup in this league now. You need someone who can step in and the team doesn't miss a beat. And I still firmly believe that Alex Smith was brought in strictly as a stopgap. A QB that can come in here and win games while you find the future of this franchise. He had to over pay to get him here....but he did what he felt was necessary.

I really think that Reid and Dorsey saw this team and determined that with better QB play.....we could way better than 2-14. They've filled almost all of the holes through FA and they can fix the QB problem in one offseason. Guess what happens when you have your QBoTF on your roster? You can start drafting playmakers to get your team to the SB.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-27-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9533875)
Sitting him wouldn't have helped.

He's a garbage QB who can't throw the ball consistently.

New York glitz and the media curcus didn't help. He just seems immature to me. Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson are both clowns too boot.

Chief_For_Life58 03-27-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9533880)
I think Chase Daniel is going to be our backup QB going forward into the future. Reid knows that you need a capable backup in this league now. You need someone who can step in and the team doesn't miss a beat. And I still firmly believe that Alex Smith was brought in strictly as a stopgap. A QB that can come in here and win games while you find the future of this franchise. He had to over pay to get him here....but he did what he felt was necessary.

I really think that Reid and Dorsey saw this team and determined that with better QB play.....we could way better than 2-14. They've filled almost all of the holes through FA and they can fix the QB problem in one offseason. Guess what happens when you have your QBoTF on your roster? You can start drafting playmakers to get your team to the SB.

=why were drafting geno 1.1

Ace Gunner 03-27-2013 05:47 PM

Andy Reid took a option style QB in Donovan McNabb and got him playing pocket passer. The way he did that was to give McNabb good blocking and plenty of time in the pocket to run the WCO and a talented RB in Westbrook.

It'll take a season or two for Geno Smith under Reid's tutelage. For now, it would be good if Reid can get this team to start ballin again. Then when Geno is good to go, they just might have something.

penbrook 03-27-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9533914)
Andy Reid took a option style QB in Donovan McNabb and got him playing pocket passer. The way he did that was to give McNabb good blocking and plenty of time in the pocket to run the WCO and a talented RB in Westbrook.

It'll take a season or two for Geno Smith under Reid's tutelage. For now, it would be good if Reid can get this team to start ballin again. Then when Geno is good to go, they just might have something.

100% agree..

HotCarl 03-27-2013 05:49 PM

Yes, I'm certain they are going to spend both the 1st and 2nd round picks on QBs. Especially after running the existing LT out of town, and inheriting a 2-14 team with far more holes than capable players.

The Franchise 03-27-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9533923)
Yes, I'm certain they are going to spend both the 1st and 2nd round picks on QBs. Especially after running the existing LT out of town.

1. A first and a second round pick spent on two QBs isn't overspending when your previous QB situation was ****ing horrible.

2. Albert is still on this team.

3. Shut the **** up.

HotCarl 03-27-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9533931)
1. A first and a second round pick spent on two QBs isn't overspending when your previous QB situation was ****ing horrible.

2. Albert is still on this team.

3. Shut the **** up.

1. Last year has nothing to do with this year.

2. There is already an unquestioned starter they gave up two picks to acquire, and they are not going to beg for a QB controversy immediately.

3. They've all but run Albert out of town, and with his injury history and age, he isn't worth a franchise tender anyway. Hopefully some sucker team will take him.

Ace Gunner 03-27-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Yes, I'm certain they are going to spend both the 1st and 2nd round picks on QBs. Especially after running the existing LT out of town, and inheriting a 2-14 team with far more holes than capable players.

uh, so the new staff punted the two top players at the QB position and "they aren't going to spend top picks" getting QB's for this team? The answer is not Ricki freaking Stanzi and the video trickshot king is cool, but JFC, pros don't rely on trickshooting globetrotters for the main event. They sure as hell could spend the first two picks on some damn QB's. coach.

Lex Luthor 03-27-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Your and idiot.

Hey, we get it. You don't want the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith, and you'll say anything you can think of to try to justify your position.

There is nothing wrong with spending the 1st and 2nd picks on quarterbacks. Have you already forgot what Washington gave up in order to move and draft RG3? It's been stated on this board about a billion times.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-27-2013 06:01 PM

They will have to spend the 1 and 2 in 2014/15/16 to move up to get a QB after 9-7 ish. Stanzi will go backup Brady after Belichick deals Mallet.

Zaphnath 03-27-2013 06:02 PM

Yes. Hopefully Andy will see the light and will draft him # 1.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-27-2013 06:03 PM

So are we flying a banner April 1-2nd?

HotCarl 03-27-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9533957)
Hey, we get it. You don't want the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith, and you'll say anything you can think of to try to justify your position.

Oh the irony ROFL ROFL ROFL LMAO LMAO