ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs More Branden Albert talk: Why we should give him a fat contract if he plays guard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272624)

Mecca 04-29-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9645392)
Fkin Peterson. If he doesn't piss off John Tait in rookie salary negotiations, we probably keep Tait, Shields, Roaf, Wiegmann and Waters together for a few years. I could gain 1500 yards behind that. Very good chance of a Superbowl.

That defense was never good enough...the only way to sustain that would to have been to take Rodgers over DJ.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 04-29-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9645324)
However, John Tait Did become a solid RT...:hmmm:

And now we've come full circle...

Lzen 04-30-2013 08:27 AM

Just to throw a wrench in the LT/RT discussion. I found this interesting.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...es-overvalued/

Mr. Laz 04-30-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9644176)
If you're going to move him, move him to guard.

LT: Fisher
LG: Albert
C: Hudson
RG: Asamoah
RT: open competition between Allen, Schwartz, and Stephenson

and what happens if Allen,Swartz,Stephenson can't get it done at RT?

our passing game is going to be a big pile of shit

Allen - guard
Swartz - guard
Stephenson - potential but shaky

rather keep guards at guard ... tackles at tackle

patteeu 04-30-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9645637)

Good article. There have been a few allusions to this concept here at CP over the past few months (e.g. the salary gap between LTs and RTs/Gs has been shrinking, and pass pro requirements have been changing in an age of moving TEs and pass rushers around), but that article does a good job of analyzing the phenomenon.

The Franchise 04-30-2013 09:49 AM

Both LT and RT are important due to the fact that defenses will move their best pass rushers around. It still doesn't mean that you have to draft a RT at 1.1. We're in a unique situation right now where we have two damn good OTs. Especially considering how much Reid likes to pass and how long Smith holds onto the ball.

TEX 04-30-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9645795)
Both LT and RT are important due to the fact that defenses will move their best pass rushers around. It still doesn't mean that you have to draft a RT at 1.1. We're in a unique situation right now where we have two damn good OTs. Especially considering how much Reid likes to pass and how long Smith holds onto the ball.

Exactly. The draft is over and KC didn't trade BA so that menas no immediate benefit (other than money) for trading him for a '14 draft pick. So, lets keep him and try and assemble one of the best - possibly the best OL in the league. Trade him after the season if that's what needs to be done.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2013 11:54 AM

Another scintillating discussion of tackles and guards! Being a Chiefs fan is the greatest.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fat Elvis 04-30-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9645637)

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9645778)
Good article. There have been a few allusions to this concept here at CP over the past few months (e.g. the salary gap between LTs and RTs/Gs has been shrinking, and pass pro requirements have been changing in an age of moving TEs and pass rushers around), but that article does a good job of analyzing the phenomenon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9645795)

I think Reid gets this and has said as much time and again. He likes O-line; he has never said he likes LTs.

Folks on the Planet get bent out of shape saying, "OMG we drafted a RT 1.1!" No, we drafted a bookend to protect the QB--the QB that Reid and Dorsey believe is a franchise caliber QB whether anyone else agrees with them or not.

I'd love to keep Albert, and I really believe that Reid and Dorsey would as well. They keep saying they love him as a player, and that is a reason why they didn't let him go to Miami for peanuts. Shrewd move on their part, if you ask me.

Let Fisher play RT. Keep Albert, who everyone seems to think is close to being an elite LT. We would have an elite line whether it is to protect the QB or to maul defenses in the running game.

BossChief 04-30-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9645717)
and what happens if Allen,Swartz,Stephenson can't get it done at RT?

our passing game is going to be a big pile of shit

Allen - guard
Swartz - guard
Stephenson - potential but shaky

rather keep guards at guard ... tackles at tackle

Whoever starts at right tackle will have a stud blocking tight end to help him pass block.

All three of our TEs are outstanding blockers.

RealSNR 04-30-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9646214)
I think Reid gets this and has said as much time and again. He likes O-line; he has never said he likes LTs.

Folks on the Planet get bent out of shape saying, "OMG we drafted a RT 1.1!" No, we drafted a bookend to protect the QB--the QB that Reid and Dorsey believe is a franchise caliber QB whether anyone else agrees with them or not.

I'd love to keep Albert, and I really believe that Reid and Dorsey would as well. They keep saying they love him as a player, and that is a reason why they didn't let him go to Miami for peanuts. Shrewd move on their part, if you ask me.

Let Fisher play RT. Keep Albert, who everyone seems to think is close to being an elite LT. We would have an elite line whether it is to protect the QB or to maul defenses in the running game.

Or we can't get a deal done, in which case we play Albert for a year, let him walk, then draft Taylor Lewan.

Because the offensive line > QB as we all know.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9646214)

Oh yeah! NOTHING like a scintillating LT COMPETITION to get the juices flowing!/said no one but Lil Chiefy evar...
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 04-30-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9646391)
Or we can't get a deal done, in which case we play Albert for a year, let him walk, then draft Taylor Lewan.

Because the offensive line > QB as we all know.

this is definitely going to happen. Some bullshit RT in round 1 next year after we let Albert walk

****ing dumb

Hammock Parties 04-30-2013 04:24 PM

Appeal to authority, bitches!

"I think it's going to be a tall task to ask Branden to move. I think they should play Branden at left, and Eric at right." - Eric Winston

Rausch 04-30-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9646617)
this is definitely going to happen. Some bullshit RT in round 1 next year after we let Albert walk

****ing dumb

Let the argument begin now: Do the Chiefs go T or 3-4 DE with the 12th pick next year?...