ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Amazing Spider Man trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247350)

ThaVirus 05-05-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8596033)
I dont know why everyone hates on spiderman 3.

Neither do I. I think it was just the fact that it was, at that point, one of the most hyped movies of the generation. When it finally came out, it was just an average superhero flick. People were expecting the best ever. Not to mention they did totally **** up Venom..

I own the film and still watch it from time to time. Spider-Man 2 was the best with Spider-Man 1 being just a notch below. I'd put the third one at a couple notches below those two.

Red Brooklyn 05-05-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Lots of reasons:

It felt thrown together.
Director didn't have his heart in it.
It went too far in extreme directions.
Too many new characters.
Terrible film representation of Venom.
"Dark" Peter Parker
Lack of substance.
Too many Raimi family members w/ speaking roles.
Melodrama.
Lack of vision and consistency.
Mediocre acting.
Poor storytelling.
Spider-Man 2 really raised the bar/hard to meet expectations.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Frosty 05-05-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

It's not too bad if you fast forward through the Parker being a douche parts. Those were painful.

KcMizzou 05-05-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8596421)
It's not too bad if you fast forward through the Parker being a douche parts. Those were painful.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...zwAdS0mK3SQimk

WhiteWhale 05-05-2012 05:35 PM

This movie looks just terrible.

I guess if you're just a fan of movies it might look neat.

If you actually grew up a spider-man fan as a kid, it's kinda looks like what Speilburg and lucas did to Indiana Jones.

Sucky 05-05-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8595907)
Really?? With each new trailer it seems to be showing a better movie as whole..

The trailers alone are better then spiderman 3..

I hope I'm wrong but this just looks like crap. First and foremost, why do we need another origin story??? We already had one not too long ago.

I will admit that this looks better than Spiderman 3 but thats not saying much imo.

I'm not against a new Spiderman film but not another origin film cause its just redundant imo.

Deberg_1990 05-05-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 8596678)
I hope I'm wrong but this just looks like crap. First and foremost, why do we need another origin story??? We already had one not too long ago.

I will admit that this looks better than Spiderman 3 but thats not saying much imo.

I'm not against a new Spiderman film but not another origin film cause its just redundant imo.

Exactly how I feel....to me this is just going over the same tired territory again. It looks well made but I'm bored watching the trailer because it's all too familiar.

The only reason this film was made was so Sony could retain the rights to Spidey and they wouldn't revert back to Marvel.

007 05-05-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8596055)
Neither do I. I think it was just the fact that it was, at that point, one of the most hyped movies of the generation. When it finally came out, it was just an average superhero flick. People were expecting the best ever. Not to mention they did totally **** up Venom.

I own the film and still watch it from time to time. Spider-Man 2 was the best with Spider-Man 1 being just a notch below. I'd put the third one at a couple notches below those two.

bingo

And that stupid ass dance scene.

Sandman should have been the secondary villian with Venom as the primary.

Red Brooklyn 05-06-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8596904)
Exactly how I feel....to me this is just going over the same tired territory again. It looks well made but I'm bored watching the trailer because it's all too familiar.

The only reason this film was made was so Sony could retain the rights to Spidey and they wouldn't revert back to Marvel.

It should be interesting to see what they do with the origin though. It's obviously being expanded from what we've seen before. This seems to have a lot to do with the mystery of his parents. Which is brand new. I'm not even sure if the comics have ever really tackled that.

So, yes, while I agree with that I'm a little burnt out on origin stories, I am open minded as well. I expect it'll be something very different.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-06-2012 04:41 PM

Probably a dumb question but what is that red thing that Spider-Man turns on his forearm?

007 05-06-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8597987)
Probably a dumb question but what is that red thing that Spider-Man turns on his forearm?

That is his webbing.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-06-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8598050)
That is his webbing.

So this one is taking a different approach? The movies with McGuire had the webbing coming out of his hands. Sorry I'm not familiar with the comics.

Fish 05-06-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8598400)
So this one is taking a different approach? The movies with McGuire had the webbing coming out of his hands. Sorry I'm not familiar with the comics.

2 different lines of Spidey comics. One where it was a biological reaction from his wrist. And another where he made web shooting devices attached to his wrist.

007 05-06-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8598400)

This is the way it was in the comics. He had all the abilities but had to synthesize his own webbing.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-06-2012 10:17 PM

Oh ok thanks y'all. I didn't know. I was skeptical at first but this movie looks damn good IMO.