ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Kareem Hunt Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307438)

BryanBusby 10-24-2022 12:51 PM

Come get them P&L hoes back in line Kareem!!!!

TEX 10-24-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 16551266)
After yesterday’s game, I could see the Jets trying to pick him up.

Was thinking the same thing. It's not going to take much in a draft pick to get him - probably a 5th would get it done, but it's the salary that might be the issue with some. Not sure if the team trading for him would have to pay the roster bonus of almost $5 Million. Base Salary is only like $1.2 Million.

ARROW2 10-24-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16464046)
I'll personally pay for Hunt's plane ticket to KC in that deal.

Not only will I pay, I will.pick him up from the Airport and make sure he locks himself in his hotel room

DJ's left nut 10-24-2022 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16551465)
Was thinking the same thing. It's not going to take much in a draft pick to get him - probably a 5th would get it done, but it's the salary that might be the issue with some. Not sure if the team trading for him would have to pay the roster bonus of almost $5 Million. Base Salary is only like $1.2 Million.

Not typically, but his is a little interesting. His roster pays about 1/3 at the start of the OTAs and the remaining 2/3 on a per game bonus.

So it looks to me like an acquiring team would be on the hook for about $800K of base salary and another $2 million in games played incentives. But what I can't tell is if they're paid as 'game checks' concurrently with the game played. It's possible the bonus accumulates as the season goes on and then gets paid at the end of the year.

Hard to tell, really. I'm guessing it's the former and not the latter.

But I can't claim to care - I've seen a couple Browns games and to my eyes he's just not the same player he was. Meanwhile Nick Chubb is just a damn monster out there. Maybe Chubb just looks better than ever and the contrast makes Hunt look worse than he is, but this is clearly no longer a 1a and 1b situation in Cleveland. Chubb is a far better back than Hunt.

Sofa King 10-24-2022 02:34 PM

How good has Greedy been? I never hear about him.

Sofa King 10-24-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16551606)
Not typically, but his is a little interesting. His roster pays about 1/3 at the start of the OTAs and the remaining 2/3 on a per game bonus.

So it looks to me like an acquiring team would be on the hook for about $800K of base salary and another $2 million in games played incentives. But what I can't tell is if they're paid as 'game checks' concurrently with the game played. It's possible the bonus accumulates as the season goes on and then gets paid at the end of the year.

But I can't claim to care - I've seen a couple Browns games and to my eyes he's just not the same player he was. Meanwhile Nick Chubb is just a damn monster out there. Maybe Chubb just looks better than ever and the contrast makes Hunt look worse than he is, but this is clearly no longer a 1a and 1b situation in Cleveland. Chubb is a far better back than Hunt.

This

Sassy Squatch 10-24-2022 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 16551631)
How good has Greedy been? I never hear about him.

Never plays. He's a brokedick

BleedingRed 10-24-2022 02:44 PM

Ok listen........ What if we trade them CEH

DJ's left nut 10-24-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16551658)
Ok listen........ What if we trade them CEH

Maybe we can trade them OBJ and Mecole Hardman for Kareem Hunt and Jack Conklin.

Then send the Packers a 1st and 2nd rounder plus Frank Clark for Bakhtiari and Rashan Gary.

We'd be all set!!

{force trade} 'X' {/Force Trade}

DJ's left nut 10-24-2022 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16551645)
Never plays. He's a brokedick

He's hurt so often that I genuinely can't tell if he sucks or not.

He's a pending UFA so this isn't a Deandre Baker situation where you get him to stash as a depth piece and maybe hope he's a contributor next season. He's probably just not worth the trouble.

wazu 10-24-2022 02:54 PM

The Chiefs can fix their RB problem by swapping Clyde and Rojo on the gameday inactive list.

notorious 10-24-2022 02:55 PM

He isn't the same guy.

Watching the games will show you that.

TEX 10-24-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16551606)

Yes, but how would Hunt perform in our offense? That's the question..

Sassy Squatch 10-24-2022 03:04 PM

LMAO Rojo is the Brodie Croyle of the 2022 Chiefs.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16551723)
LMAO Rojo is the Brodie Croyle of the 2022 Chiefs.

Why you gotta do Brady Quinn like that?