ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:06 PM

Belcher placed on PUP.

SAUTO 12-01-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9167855)
But he didn't kill anyone. Belcher did.

And? Doesn't change the facts
Posted via Mobile Device

Lumpy 12-01-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9167922)
People need something to attach themself to and be upset about so they can discharge all the built up shit they have inside about their own pathetic little lives.

Apparently.

Hootie 12-01-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9167919)
Horrific metaphore.

?

I wasn't trying to use a metaphor, just saying we've seen this same tragedy play out with a more famous player...and it was probably a more cowardly crime

alnorth 12-01-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9167927)
I don't see how they can play this game. How do you focus on football during this? What, will the opposing coaches attack the chiefs linebacking corps because they're weaker now because one of them is dead?

Forfeit the damn game if need be, there's more important things than football.

suppose the players want to play?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the players turn out not to be the fragile porcelain vases some are making them out to be.

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9167928)
I think that was some speculation posted by one of the members here. I have not heard this anywhere else.

Irresponsible, as it has now taken life as fact.

Thanks

MMXcalibur 12-01-2012 02:07 PM

If they make the Chiefs play this game, I'm all for taking a knee and going to the locker room after 1 play.

Lumpy 12-01-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9167934)
I've rebranded my style, I'm no longer here to bicker. If someone wants to bicker with me I'll move along. I like you guys too much to be away for years at a time because I'm thick headed.

Welcome back.

WoodDraw 12-01-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9167923)
The difference between this and all those other situations in sports history...is it wasn't just a domestic disturbance. The guy went to the team facility and did it right in front of the front office and coaching staff of the team. I certainly don't know of any other situation like this. The head coach and GM of this team just watched one of their players kill himself. That's brutal. I don't know if you can compare it to anything.

This is a great point.

The talk about postponing the game - it really has to be about the players and the staff. The families will be mourning privately, the fans general reactions will be, "That's sad - what a ****ed up story." But it's completely unrealistic to expect those present and involved to prepare for a game right now.

I'll differ to their judgement, but if they ask to postpone, **** the NFL if they won't agree.

Discuss Thrower 12-01-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167938)
Belcher placed on PUP.

I amazed this came before a Tombstone macro.

Rasputin 12-01-2012 02:08 PM

They make a big deal about letting players play with concussions. Well the whole team got concussed today. They could postpone it till after reg season & not have any affect on the playoffs. The only implication would be draft spot but at least the teams would be prepared to play at a higher level.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9167928)
I think that was some speculation posted by one of the members here. I have not heard this anywhere else.

Irresponsible, as it has now taken life as fact.

The person who originally commented about it said it was a rumor.

it has always been discussed as a rumor

anyone taking it as a fact is choosing to make that distinction

we know very few facts about the entire situation

AdumbGuy 12-01-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9167923)
The difference between this and all those other situations in sports history...is it wasn't just a domestic disturbance. The guy went to the team facility and did it right in front of the front office and coaching staff of the team. I certainly don't know of any other situation like this. The head coach and GM of this team just watched one of their players kill himself. That's brutal. I don't know if you can compare it to anything.

This. How do you focus on game plans just having watched somebody kill himself.

Mother****erJones 12-01-2012 02:09 PM

The Program ‏@theprogramkc
The Kansas City Police Department has released the name of the victim. Her name is Kassandra Perkins. Age 22.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9167948)
Welcome back.

who is he/she?