ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Frazod 05-22-2012 11:39 PM

I'm already getting tired of this.

The game itself was woefully short. Playing it over again for no other reason than to acquire more stuff isn't really getting past the pain in the ass factor. I hate the whole checkpoint thing, hate that I have to be linked to a server to play, basically, it's just becoming less and less fun. This after a week. And I'll never pay actual money to buy gear for a character in a game I just shelled out $60 for. Seriously, **** that.

I enjoyed the first two games far more than this. And when you compare this to games like Skyrim and Fallout, well, there just is no comparison. I've happily played Skyrim for six months and will probably go back to it now. This turd? Sadly, I think it was just a waste of $60.

And I don't think I'll ever buy another Blizzard product. They can take their ****ing battle.net and shove it up their collective asses.

David. 05-23-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8631738)
I want to play with a higher lvl WD to see what they can do. Add me and tell me who you are in the friend add message.

yeah sure, I worked late tonight. But i'm off over the next two days. name is turtlexcore#1977

Imon Yourside 05-23-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8633084)
this. revenge doesnt work half the time anyways

Revenge works great for me and keeps me alive in the middle of a full screen of baddies. At first i didn't quite know how/when/why to use it, now it's the best mob control skill in the game. I'm not joking with this skill and the below 20% health super skill or whatever u can virtually stay alive forever just make sure to keep a finger firmly planted on the revenge key.

jd1020 05-23-2012 03:14 AM

Didn't take Blizzard long to nerf chain Smoke Screen.

The one ability that lets me actually play the game is now nerfed to 1 second, 2 with rune, and on a 3 second cool down.

SWEET!!!!

Saulbadguy 05-23-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8633179)
I'm already getting tired of this.

The game itself was woefully short. Playing it over again for no other reason than to acquire more stuff isn't really getting past the pain in the ass factor. I hate the whole checkpoint thing, hate that I have to be linked to a server to play, basically, it's just becoming less and less fun. This after a week. And I'll never pay actual money to buy gear for a character in a game I just shelled out $60 for. Seriously, **** that.

I enjoyed the first two games far more than this. And when you compare this to games like Skyrim and Fallout, well, there just is no comparison. I've happily played Skyrim for six months and will probably go back to it now. This turd? Sadly, I think it was just a waste of $60.

And I don't think I'll ever buy another Blizzard product. They can take their ****ing battle.net and shove it up their collective asses.

I think $60 for Diablo 3 without Multiplayer would be a waste of money, too.

Nightfyre 05-23-2012 06:12 AM

Playing D3 kind of makes me pine for the item system of D2. Except the gameplay and skill system in 3 is way better. Of course, I am only in Act IV of normal, so maybe there is stuff out there I am not yet aware of. I haven't seen any set drops or unique drops yet, though. No ethereal items? The most sockets I've seen is 2. I haven't seen any runes. Are they saving these things for an expansion, maybe?

Saulbadguy 05-23-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8633300)
Playing D3 kind of makes me pine for the item system of D2. Except the gameplay and skill system in 3 is way better. Of course, I am only in Act IV of normal, so maybe there is stuff out there I am not yet aware of. I haven't seen any set drops or unique drops yet, though. No ethereal items? The most sockets I've seen is 2. I haven't seen any runes. Are they saving these things for an expansion, maybe?

I can't be sure, but didn't LoD introduce runes in D2?

I haven't seen any set/unique items as well, and i'm in Act 2 in Nightmare.

Imon Yourside 05-23-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

I have a suit of armor with 80 vit and 3 open sockets.

Imon Yourside 05-23-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8633315)
I can't be sure, but didn't LoD introduce runes in D2?

I haven't seen any set/unique items as well, and i'm in Act 2 in Nightmare.

Yes on the D2 expansion, we should still have sets although i haven't found any and uniques have been transformed into legendaries. Rares will be the best drops in the game, the way D2 was supposed to be.

Sofa King 05-23-2012 07:39 AM

I've found 2 legendaries so far and Oh my God do they ****ing suck.

Legendaries are complete shit... If you look up a legendary in the auction house that isn't a ring or amulet, there will be 50 pages of people trying to sell that shit for pennies, and not being able to....

jd1020 05-23-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

The skill system in D3 is better? WTF?

Make it to end game and let me know how great the skill system in D3 is. 3 classes can do end game with only 1 spec. Barb and Monk might as well just quit after Hell.

jd1020 05-23-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8633321)
Yes on the D2 expansion, we should still have sets although i haven't found any and uniques have been transformed into legendaries. Rares will be the best drops in the game, the way D2 was supposed to be.

Rares in D2 were the best drops in the game too, sooooooooo.... There were even some magics that were the best too, but good luck finding a Jewelers Monarch of Deflection or a Jewelers/Whale combo. Runewords were the predominant item in D2 but there was still Uniques that were the BiS. Legendaries in D3 are just completely useless.

The difference between D2 and D3 is that there wasn't an AH that made those rares so easily accessible. There was actually an end game in D2 because you had to continuously kill shit to get the best gear. In D3 all you have to do is open the AH and spend a little of the most useless item in the Diablo series.

Sofa King 05-23-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8633926)
Rares in D2 were the best drops in the game too, sooooooooo.... There were even some magics that were the best too, but good luck finding a Jewelers Monarch of Deflection or a Jewelers/Whale combo. Runewords were the predominant item in D2 but there was still Uniques that were the BiS. Legendaries in D3 are just completely useless.

The difference between D2 and D3 is that there wasn't an AH that made those rares so easily accessible. There was actually an end game in D2 because you had to continuously kill shit to get the best gear. In D3 all you have to do is open the AH and spend a little of the most useless item in the Diablo series.

And there's no haggling/ screwing people over in the AH.

You set a price and forget it. If it's too high it won't sell. Plain and simple. If it's awesome, you can practically name your price. And you can see thousands at the same time instead of making a game and seeing 1 every few minutes, maybe.

drunkie 05-23-2012 12:38 PM

d2 has jsp. it was just like the action house basically. but on the whole without breaking it all down this game is a failure. some parts are great an i love it, but other parts are just trash.

this feels like a baby wow with a diablo theme more then a diablo game

drunkie 05-23-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8633920)
The skill system in D3 is better? WTF?

Make it to end game and let me know how great the skill system in D3 is. 3 classes can do end game with only 1 spec. Barb and Monk might as well just quit after Hell.

sadly the person i been playing inferno with is a barb. it sucks so bad trying to get him past act1 is a joke he just keeps getting nuked. i don't do enough damage to beat the enrage timers without him helping but if he helps he dies. i can beat the boss a 1000 times solo but with him i just can't carry him past it. i got 38000 + damage but even that isn't enough