ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9726010)
There is nobody I really care about that is left except Tyrion and Jon Snow. I am just hoping Dany smokes the Lannisters

Let me just say this....you think you know what happened but what really happened did happen but it's not what you think

KcMizzou 06-02-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9726048)
Let me just say this....you think you know what happened but what really happened did happen but it's not what you think

Makes perfect sense.

Sfeihc 06-02-2013 08:42 PM

I agree w/the notion previous stated that even though I knew what was coming I'm still floored. Also, after reading that chapter I had to put down the book for awhile. Just amazing.

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:43 PM

I think it's funny hearing how people put the book down after this chapter. This pulled me in even more.

keg in kc 06-02-2013 08:45 PM

I'm not sure that wasn't harder to watch than it was to read. The scene's so well written you don't know what's going on until it happens. Tonight I spent the last 20 minutes cringing.

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9726062)
I'm not sure that wasn't harder to watch than it was to read. The scene's so well written you don't know what's going on until it happens. Tonight I spent the last 20 minutes cringing.

My Wife is pregnant and when they went at Rob's Wife it did cause a shiver or two to go up my spine

Sfeihc 06-02-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9726057)
I think it's funny hearing how people put the book down after this chapter. This pulled me in even more.

I just needed a breather after all the death and debauchery involved with the Red Wedding. :spock:

A bit of brilliant programming by HBO having two weeks in between ep. 8 & 9.

Also, The Poz,a job well done. My gf cringed in horror at the final scene.:thumb:

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9726067)
I just needed a breather after all the death and debauchery involved with the Red Wedding. :spock:

A bit of brilliant programming by HBO having two weeks in between ep. 8 & 9.

Also, The Poz,a job well done. My gf cringed in horror at the final scene.:thumb:

See, I was like, ok WTF just happened? Just from the reading up to that point I knew it just couldn't be that simple. I was like..NOW WHAT??? And was face down in the book.

Needless to say I read books 1-5 in about 3 weeks so I rarely put them down once I started.

DJ's left nut 06-02-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9725876)
That was about as well as they could have possibly done it, for people who hadn't read the books. Played it like everything is fine right up until the last possible moment. Starts the Rains, Cat knows, and it's all downhill from there.

One of those moments where I wish I could un-know what happens.

And man was her throat-cutting graphic rofl

I did like them knifing his wife's belly. That was a great change from the book (she's still alive last I recall)

What the what?

Don't have the show, but they knifed Jeyne (or whatever the hell she's called in the show)?

So...uh...that would seem to answer a question from the books, would it not? There still seemed to be some intrigue as to whether or not Jeyne was pregnant or if her mom had faked an abortion of sorts...

I've been waiting for 2 seasons to see the reception for the Red Wedding. Like others, it's the first and only time I can recall being really rattled by a damn book.

"Wait....nooooo.....surely that didn't just happen"

{flip, flip, flip....re-read}

"Oh what the ****, George Martin?!?!? You are such a prick!"

keg in kc 06-02-2013 08:54 PM

Yeah, Talisa was at the wedding and she was pretty brutally killed. So no mystery there.

dirk digler 06-02-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9726045)
No love for Arya? Sansa maybe?

Arya and Bran maybe definitely not Sansa.

keg in kc 06-02-2013 08:55 PM

I call Sansa 'speedbump', because that's what her chapters are.

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9726095)
Arya and Bran maybe definitely not Sansa.

Sansa's storyline will get better, I promise. It's slow and drawn out but it does get better and better.

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9726045)
No love for Arya? Sansa maybe?

Arya is one of my favorites. Her story has only just begun.

dirk digler 06-02-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9726096)
I call Sansa 'speedbump', because that's what her chapters are.

Well I wish they would have made her a speed bump in the show. :)