ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

Gravedigger 12-05-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10250802)
Damn, these system sold more in one day than the Wii U did in 9 months. Nintendo is screwed. I hope they dont go away though...

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/12/wii-u-sales/

I kinda hope they do. They won't based on their handheld sales but it is pretty terrible. Gamespot had a segment called The Point with Danny whats his name that shows the depressing state Nintendo is in as well. It sucks, but the one point he makes overall is his third one, "Do my friends play this console?"

Mr. Plow 12-05-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10250821)
This is misinformed. You sound like a guy giving his best option of what he THINKS is going to happen, or is happening, and not paying attention to the news of what is actually happening. Have you even been reading my posts?

PS4 is producing ONE MILLION consoles every month. Of those consoles, 55% will come to the US, b/c as someone said earlier North America is what matters. Production started in September, takes about 3 weeks to get a console on shelves. There will be stray waves of consoles hitting shelves.

Both PS4 and Xbox are expected to be available in limited quantity at best Buy this Sunday.

If Gamestop is getting about half of the consoles sent to North America, it would make sense that if Best Buy gets a shipment, Gamestop likely would too.

You believing a product available on a shelf in a store is available to anyone online is still hilarious.

You said something you thought nobody would call you out on, more than one person did, and you refuse to admit you just made up shit. It's fine, no biggie man.

As far as the shipments go, I said next MAJOR shipment. I followed a link off of reddit, I couldn't tell you where it was so we'll just go with your "facts" and say that there will be more on the shelves in the next 2 weeks.

As far as me saying someone from the store can just ship one, it was a joke. Chill out. However, stores like Best Buy, Wal-Mart have a thing where you can purchase online and pick up at the store. It's not a new thing. It's been around for a long time. You should check it out sometime, quite convenient.

aturnis 12-05-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10250761)
You're full of shit and you know it. You can't order a console online, but hey, you can just walk into the store and grab one. LMAO

Ever heard of ordering online, picking up in store?

In store pickup is NOT the same as ordering online. If your local store has an item in stock, you can pay for it online, then go pick it up. This doesn't allow you to order something off of the shelf in Maine, and pick it up at your local store in Rhode Island.

okcchief 12-05-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10250802)
Damn, these system sold more in one day than the Wii U did in 9 months. Nintendo is screwed. I hope they dont go away though...

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/12/wii-u-sales/

I hope they stop making consoles. I like the Mario games, but i'm not buying a console for it.

aturnis 12-05-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10250825)
Look good in America. Selling 2.1 Million units means they used all 2.1 Million of their units so far, I have yet to see a restocking through any major gaming site (Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot, Polygon etc) or retailer for that matter.

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013...ilable-sunday/

aturnis 12-05-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10250833)
You said something you thought nobody would call you out on, more than one person did, and you refuse to admit you just made up shit. It's fine, no biggie man.

As far as the shipments go, I said next MAJOR shipment. I followed a link off of reddit, I couldn't tell you where it was so we'll just go with your "facts" and say that there will be more on the shelves in the next 2 weeks.

As far as me saying someone from the store can just ship one, it was a joke. Chill out. However, stores like Best Buy, Wal-Mart have a thing where you can purchase online and pick up at the store. It's not a new thing. It's been around for a long time. You should check it out sometime, quite convenient.

Not sure what someone called me out on that I can't back up.

550,000 consoles a month for PS4. Whether it be all at once or in waves, who cares?

Going to any major retailers website and seeing out of stock tells you nothing about your local sites stock. You have to click a "check local availability" button, and enter your zipcode. Its not new and not relevant to the conversation.

Mr. Plow 12-05-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10250856)
Not sure what someone called me out on that I can't back up.

550,000 consoles a month for PS4. Whether it be all at once or in waves, who cares?

Going to any major retailers website and seeing out of stock tells you nothing about your local sites stock. You have to click a "check local availability" button, and enter your zipcode. Its not new and not relevant to the conversation.

It is relevant to the conversation. You said there were Xbox One consoles sitting on the shelves collecting dust. I said you're wrong & you couldn't find one right now if you wanted to online or otherwise. You said that looking online didn't given any indication of what an actual store has and they are actually sitting there collecting dust.

That is the basis for the entire conversation....can you find an Xbox One at a store right now? I say no and you'd be lucky to get one of the limited One's or PS4's that will be here before Xmas. And, if you are lucky enough to see either console in a store, buy it and sell it for profit.

Gravedigger 12-05-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10250853)

Probably similar to the XBox One units that will be available December 8th as well that they're not restocked units just people who didn't pick up their pre orders. The fact that both systems will be back in stock on the same day shows it's probably Best Buy holding initial stock back and releasing it when they want to to help boost sales figures for a slower sales weekend.

KC native 12-05-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 10250810)
most major stores tell you to check local stock because they do not know how much each store has left. they are not holding extra stock at the warehouse they are just shipping to stores as soon as they get any in it is ignorant at best to assume you know the stock of all stores. sitting there telling us what you assume and passing it off as factual. just look at game related web sites the people who are actively tracking and looking for the consoles. you will see many places have consoles in stock 1 brand or the other or maybe even both. if you wish to just assume that no place has them thats on you but with just a lil googling you can see there is stock around at some places

as for the next shipments i have no clue. everyone i asked at the stores they said they don't know they just get sent units at random pretty much. i don't think we will have any clue on how well these systems are doing till march or so. i guessing it will take that long for there to be regular stock everywhere

Go back to WPI please.

Deberg_1990 12-05-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10250828)
I kinda hope they do. They won't based on their handheld sales but it is pretty terrible. Gamespot had a segment called The Point with Danny whats his name that shows the depressing state Nintendo is in as well. It sucks, but the one point he makes overall is his third one, "Do my friends play this console?"

Your friends might not. But alot of kids and families still do.

I will admit that although the Mario games are still fun, they get sort of repetitive. They basically just update the games with better graphics every new console generation.
Posted via Mobile Device

007 12-05-2013 08:50 PM

This argument has become insane guys. Just pick what you want and be happy. I can't believe how many here give such a huge shit about this.

BigBeauford 12-05-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10251203)
This argument has become insane guys. Just pick what you want and be happy. I can't believe how many here give such a huge shit about this.

It's mostly PS4 guys shitting on XbOX. I don't blame them. Microsoft proposed a lot of insanely anti-consumer policies that had to be reversed before the xbox came out, and I understand the hate.

BryanBusby 12-05-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10250843)
I hope they stop making consoles. I like the Mario games, but i'm not buying a console for it.

Nintendo exiting the console market would be really bad for the industry.

The best thing for them would be to pull the plug on the WiiU. It's been a really awkward cycle for Nintendo.

Gravedigger 12-05-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10251381)
Nintendo exiting the console market would be really bad for the industry.

The best thing for them would be to pull the plug on the WiiU. It's been a really awkward cycle for Nintendo.

And come out with a console that is an actual console and not a gimmick wrapped in cheap plastic. You gotta play with the big boys Nintendo, things don't work like they did in the 80s and 90s. Even if they put out a console that had similar specs to the XB1 or PS4 children would still enjoy it because of the titles that Nintendo has to play with. It wouldn't change the games necessarily considering many of them you can play with the Wii Mote holding it sideways or a pro controller and not the gamepad.

BryanBusby 12-05-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10251407)
And come out with a console that is an actual console and not a gimmick wrapped in cheap plastic. You gotta play with the big boys Nintendo, things don't work like they did in the 80s and 90s. Even if they put out a console that had similar specs to the XB1 or PS4 children would still enjoy it because of the titles that Nintendo has to play with. It wouldn't change the games necessarily considering many of them you can play with the Wii Mote holding it sideways or a pro controller and not the gamepad.

That would be the quickest way to ensure they exit the console market.

They need to focus on having a very affordable console instead and invest a lot into games. The WiiU is too expensive for a GamePad where nobody takes advantage of the touchscreen beyond "you can play on this."

A normal, solid controller and a price point at $200 with a solid library of games would make a huge difference for them. They do need to step into the 21st century and work more on online titles. I'd pay $200 for a Nintendo system if it was solid and had a robust Metroid online community.