ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

evolve27 12-18-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9220131)
please name one successful black qb that didn't get hurt or washed out.

Doug Williams

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220158)
Donovan McNabb had a very successful career, despite all the lulz he was associated with.

Steve McNair falls in the same category, even if he was injured, and the same goes for Randall Cunningham.

We're talking about 30,000-yard passers.

You don't need to be an all-time great, 50,000-yard first ballot HOFer to qualify as an NFL success story. Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Steve Young...none of those guys even threw for 40,000 yards.

If Geno Smith is Randall Cunningham I'll JIMP.

those guys are yawns that had one or two good seasons. Cunningham was garbage

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolve27 (Post 9220163)
Doug Williams

the Trent dilfer of black qbs

Imon Yourside 12-18-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9220164)

I wasn't a huge Cunningham fan but garbage really?

Chiefspants 12-18-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomerNKC (Post 9220104)
Although not a member of the Geno Smith fan club, i got to see a couple of games of his this season as well as his highlights every week. Thanks for assuming...

ROFL

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:40 AM

How do you define "success?"

Jeff Blake was a very good QB who played on a bad team and so probably never achieved the success he was capable of.

Doug Williams won a SB after finally escaping Tampa Bay. Had he been drafted by the Redskins, maybe he's a future HOFer.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9220164)

Cunningham's Eagles teams had the unfortunate fate of playing second fiddle to the Cowboys in the early 90s.

That guy was a franchise QB, no doubt.

If we're sitting here in 10 years and Geno has amassed 30,000 passing yards and 200 TD, you really gonna complain?

Cunningham was 82-52 as an NFL starter. But yeah he was "garbage."

Get the **** out.

evolve27 12-18-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220152)
Warren Moon.

We done?

In 1992, Moon played only 11 games due to injuries, but still managed to lead the Oilers to a 10–6 record, including a victory over the Buffalo Bills in the final game of the season

In 1990, Moon led the league with 4,689 passing yards. He also led the league in attempts (584), completions (362), and touchdowns (33), and tied Dan Marino's record with nine 300-yard games in a season. That included throwing for 527 yards against Kansas City on December 16, 1990, the second most passing yard ever in a single game

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9220166)
I wasn't a huge Cunningham fan but garbage really?

if Cunningham was white he would've been a shittier version of Tony Romo

Imon Yourside 12-18-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9220175)
if Cunningham was white he would've been a shittier version of Tony Romo

99.9999% chance a 24 year old Tom Brady isn't walking through that door, I'll take Geno Smith.

evolve27 12-18-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9220180)
99.9999% chance a 24 year old Tom Brady isn't walking through that door, I'll take Geno Smith.

I second that.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolve27 (Post 9220174)
In 1992, Moon played only 11 games due to injuries, but still managed to lead the Oilers to a 10–6 record, including a victory over the Buffalo Bills in the final game of the season

In 1990, Moon led the league with 4,689 passing yards. He also led the league in attempts (584), completions (362), and touchdowns (33), and tied Dan Marino's record with nine 300-yard games in a season. That included throwing for 527 yards against Kansas City on December 16, 1990, the second most passing yard ever in a single game

Warren Moon.

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 12:47 AM

look, I'm not saying Geno can't be good. He just isn't going to be.

Imon Yourside 12-18-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220183)
Warren Moon.

He wasn't really black, he played white i tell ya.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9220187)
He wasn't really black, he played white i tell ya.

Warren Moon.

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 12:54 AM

Well I'm not convinced. one dude in the history of the nfl and a handful of just guys... give me Te'o

evolve27 12-18-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9220184)
look, I'm not saying Geno can't be good. He just isn't going to be.

:fear:

Reaper16 12-18-2012 12:59 AM

Completely transparent trolling. Yawn.

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9220202)
Completely transparent trolling. Yawn.

Hey reaper, where do you tan?

Reaper16 12-18-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9220208)
Hey reaper, where do you tan?

****ing nowhere, brah. Fear the alabaster penii.

AussieChiefsFan 12-18-2012 01:15 AM

Clay!! PLease put all these awesome Geno GIFs in one post!!!

Chris Meck 12-18-2012 02:20 AM

So, I thought this was interesting regarding 'non-elite' first round QB prospects. I think these two guys look a lot at the pre-draft point to the top 2 guys this year. I'll post the whole scouting report, but pay particular attention to the positive/negative sections:

11-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Pre-Draft Profiles of Drew Brees and Philip Rivers, provided by http://nfldraftscout.com (http://nfldraftscout.com/)

#15 QB Drew Brees, Purdue, 6-0/213/4.83
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2001
Projected Round: 1-2
Rated number 2 out of 28 QB's

Overview
The unquestioned leader of the Boilermakers’ offense and one of the school’s most decorated athletes...The three-year starter shattered virtually every school passing record and also made his marks on the Big Ten Conference and NCAA Division 1-A record charts...Ranks fourth in NCAA annals with 1525 pass attempts, 942 pass completions and 11,815 yards in total offense (NCAA does not recognize bowl stats)...Including post-season action, he holds the Boilermaker and conference career-records with 1026 completions of 1678 passes for 11,792 yards, 90 touchdown tosses and 12,692 yards in total offense...His pass completion percentage of .611 set another Purdue all-time record...Only player in Big Ten Conference history to throw for over 500 yards in a game twice in a career...Threw for over 400 yards seven times, over 300 yards sixteen times and over 200 yards twenty-seven times during his career...Tied Wisconsin tailback Ron Dayne’s (1996-99) Big Ten Conference record by earning Player of the Week honors eight times during his career.

Analysis
Positives... Touch passer with the ability to read and diagnose defensive coverages...Confident leader who knows how to take command in the huddle...Very tough and mobile moving around in the pocket...Has a quick setup and is very effective throwing on the move... Throws across his body with great consistency...Hits receivers in stride and improvises his throws in order to make a completion...Puts good zip behind the short and mid-range passes...Shows good judgement and keen field vision...Has a take-charge attitude and is very cool under pressure...Hits receivers in motion with impressive velocity...Has superb pocket presence and uses all of his offensive weapons in order to move the chains...Has solid body mechanics and quickness moving away from center...Elusive scrambler with the body control to avoid the rush.
Negatives...Plays in the spread offense, taking the bulk of his snaps from the shotgun...Tends to side-arm his passes going deep...Lacks accuracy and touch on his long throws...Seems more comfortable in the short/intermediate passing attack...Does not possess the ideal height you look for in a pro passer, though his ability to scan the field helps him compensate in this area...Will improvise and run when the passing lanes are clogged, but tends to run through defenders rather than trying to avoid them to prevent unnecessary punishment.

Combine Results
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 213
40 Yard Dash: 4.83
20 Yard Dash: 2.75
10 Yard Dash: 1.66
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.21
3-Cone Drill: 7.09
Vertical Jump: 32"
Broad Jump: 8'9"
Wonderlic: 34

Campus Agility Tests
40-yard dash: 4.67
Bench press: 275 lbs.
Squat: 475 lbs.
Power Clean: 275 lbs.
Arm length: 31 ¼”
Hands: 10”

#17 QB Philip Rivers, North Carolina State, 6-5/229/5.08
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2004
Projected Round: 1
Rated number 3 out of 57 QB's

Overview
The second-leading passer in NCAA history with 13,484 career passing yards, breaking school and Atlantic Coast Conference records, he also set an NCAA record with 51 career starts at quarterback...Philip finished second in NCAA history with 13,582 career yards of total offense...He tied for fifth in NCAA history with 95 career touchdown passes and also broke school and ACC career-records for passing attempts (1710), pass completions (1147), touchdowns responsible for (112), 300-yard passing games (18) and 400-yard passing games (7)...Philip started all 51 games (including 2000-01 bowls) of his four years and threw for at least 100 yards in every contest while posting a 34-17 career record as the starter. He is the first quarterback in ACC history, and the seventh in the history of the NCAA, to throw for 3000 yards in three different seasons...He completed 110 of 161 passes in four bowl games for 1,202 yards, 10 touchdowns, three interceptions and rushed for 65 yards...His jersey number 17 was retired before his last home game, (11/22/03) vs. Maryland...The most decorated passer in school annals, he also excelled in the class room, graduating with a degree in Business (12/18/03), four days before suiting up for the final time for the Wolf- pack.

Analysis
Positives...Has a tall, linear build with adequate body thickness and good size for his position...Shows good arm strength and velocity...Very smart athlete who makes proper judgements (rarely throws into traffic)...Has great poise and pocket presence, as he will stand tall and deliver under pressure...Takes control in the huddle and is very respected by his teammates...Displays above average ball placement in the short area passing game and throws a very catchable ball, knowing exactly when to zip the pigskin and when to show touch...Has a natural feel for when he needs to slide out of the pocket and avoid the pass rush...seems to always be in sync with his receivers, doing an excellent job in timing his tosses and anticipating when to hit his targets in stride...Has a keen understanding of the offense, keeiping his head on a swivel as he checks down the line...Vocal leader who words hard in the weight room and practices...Highly competitive type who is not afraid to "mix it up" when defenders get over-aggressive...Has the body strength to fight off pressure and get free from the blitz...More comfortable in the short-to-intermediate passing game, displaying incredible accuracy..Not fast, but can buy time with his feet and maintains his accuracy throwing on the move (his precision allows him to squeeze the ball into tight areas)...Will need mechanical refinement, but much like Brett Favre, this kid is a flat-out winner.
Negatives...Won't ever hurt you by running the ball, but has enough foot quickness and hip swerve to elude the rush and throw on the move...Needs to work on his foot quickness in his drops, but has made steady improvement in recent years...Throws the ball with a sidearm motion, but he can improvise and make plays with his creativity...Will struggle with his long tosses, as the ball will sail and hang on him (his best way to get the ball deep is through an awkward wind-up delivery)...His unorthodox style sees him keep the ball at his waist, displaying a low release, but he has good timing.

Combine Results
Wonderlic: 30

Campus Agility Tests
40-yard dash: 5.08
Bench press: 375 lbs.
Power clean: 290 lbs.
Vertical jump: 33"
Broad jump: 9'8"
Arm length: 31 1/4"
Wonderlic: 29/35
Right handed

So-I'm not saying that Barkley is going to be Drew Brees, or that Geno is going to be Phillip Rivers. Just that here's a couple of guys that we KNOW, and here's what was said about them pre-draft. A lot of the same things are being said about Smith and Barkley. Just keeping it all in perspective, yo.

Bowser 12-18-2012 02:56 AM

D'oh-murr

KCrockaholic 12-18-2012 03:32 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJS8eYOU6q0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm in love.

A couple of real gem comments in there.

AussieChiefsFan 12-18-2012 03:37 AM

Geno Smith on why he chose WV over his home state teams, Fla, Fla st, etc: " West Virginia needed me. I wanted to go somewhere where they needed me and could build up the program, and help them become a national contender."

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 05:51 AM

We need you, Geno.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9220277)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJS8eYOU6q0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm in love.

A couple of real gem comments in there.

I will follow him.

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9220280)
Geno Smith on why he chose WV over his home state teams, Fla, Fla st, etc: " West Virginia needed me. I wanted to go somewhere where they needed me and could build up the program, and help them become a national contender."

Loved that and this one:

EG: "Do you feel any added pressure to live beyond expectations of what you did last year"?

Geno: "My offensive line does a tremendous job of keeping me upright, keeping me clean. My wide receivers do a good job of making me look great.

Ya know, I'm gonna make the same routine plays that I've been making and not try to get ahead of myself, or try to prove to people, 'Yea this is what I do,' because that's being an egotistical person; that's being selfish.

Ya know, I've got things up my sleeve that I'll use later in the game, ya know; I'll just bait you in and show you things you've seen on tape and when the time is right, I'll strike."

I don't know why, but I loved this. Confident but respectful.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 06:40 AM

Those are the words of a young man who knows he has untapped potential.

He's itching for MOAR.

SAUTO 12-18-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomerNKC (Post 9220096)
wow, that receiver made a huge adjustment! Was he trying to throw that away? Looks like that accuracy problem rearing its ugly head.

JFC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 07:10 AM

Wait, SAUTO endorsing a GoChiefs post?

END OF DAYS

hometeam 12-18-2012 07:13 AM

If your not a complete and total ass clown you know that being black or white has absolutely **** all to do with ability to play quarterback. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just.plain.ignorant.

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomerNKC (Post 9220096)
wow, that receiver made a huge adjustment! Was he trying to throw that away? Looks like that accuracy problem rearing its ugly head.

It's called putting the ball between 3 defenders where only the receiver can get it and having the receiver make a play on the ball. All while under pressure so at the very least he doesn't lose yardage. Pretty impressive play in my opinion.

If he puts that pass high his receiver is killed for catching that.

hometeam 12-18-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220323)
Those are the words of a young man who knows he has untapped potential.

He's itching for MOAR.

Not only does he know it, hes proven it. Its not a case of the classic underachiever this time boys and girls. Geno is NOT the guy who everyone says can do so much but doesn't live up to it, hes the guy who has PROVEN it through hard work and ballin out of ****in control. Geno has gotten better every single year since high school. FACT!

Pasta Little Brioni 12-18-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9220217)
****ing nowhere, brah. Fear the alabaster penii.

ROFL

Chiefnj2 12-18-2012 07:46 AM

KC can probably get this guy for a 6th round pick:

Nice bulk and a solid frame...Good athlete...Arm strength is more than adequate and can make all the throws...Good mechanics and delivery with a quick release...Terrific accuracy...Really anticipates well and displays nice touch and timing...Will buy time in the pocket and make plays with his feet...Can throw on the run...Good ball skills...Intelligent with a high football IQ...Recognizes blitzes, can read coverages and go through his progressions...Product of a pro style offense...Is tough, fiery and super competitive...Truly loves the game...Excellent work ethic...A team leader and field general...Media savvy...Still has upside.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomerNKC (Post 9220104)
Although not a member of the Geno Smith fan club, i got to see a couple of games of his this season as well as his highlights every week. Thanks for assuming...

no, you didn't

you haven't watched him play...but thanks for posting old scouting reports

we all value your ignorant opinion

thankfully, the days where we do stupid shit like draft a LB #1 are over, and dipshits like you are out of luck...

RealSNR 12-18-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220301)
We need you, Geno.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.

I was just watching that on TV last week (Search For Spock).

I forgot how Christopher Lloyd made such a shitty Klingon

RealSNR 12-18-2012 07:59 AM

I know he would never say this, but I really was hoping Eddie George would ask Geno Smith, "Okay, so you know the Kansas City Chiefs? You might end up going there, right? Currently they have a need at QB. What type of chess piece would you say Matt Cassel is to that team right now?"

Geno: "That dude's the middle rank pawn that gets killed in the first few moves so you can better advance your knights and bishops, man. He's expendable garbage."

keg in kc 12-18-2012 07:59 AM

This thread totally went to tardville overnight.

Quesadilla Joe 12-18-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220303)
I will follow him.

LMAO

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9220407)

Agreed.

Focus on teh gifs.

http://i.imgur.com/MVLqh.gif

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220412)
Agreed.

Focus on teh gifs.

JFC. MOAR!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 12-18-2012 08:05 AM

Gif'd up Dark Chocolate style.....love it. This board will bow down and we shall deliver the message.

suds79 12-18-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220412)
Agreed.

Focus on teh gifs.

Wow awesome.

He definitely has some gunslinger in him... And I like that. Would be a nice change from what we've seen for years.

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 08:12 AM

I will admit that is a dangerous ass pass. It takes some stones to throw it into that window.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 08:12 AM

I'm demanding more discussion of these three GIFs. Hop to it.

http://i.imgur.com/OfN4t.gif

http://i.imgur.com/X4erl.gif

http://i.imgur.com/AAh8K.gif

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9220407)

even after 30 years, the thought of drafting a QB scares the shit out of chiefs fans

hence the well worn "QB X isn't good enough" (too risky!) and "we should trade down and take the 43rd best qb" (too risky!)

just new messengers for the same sad message

Pasta Little Brioni 12-18-2012 08:14 AM

Incredible pocket presence. I thought you were supposed to turtle up and shit ye pants when the rush comes bearing down????

suds79 12-18-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220438)

GIF 1 - Shows me toughness. Had to take a hit to get the ball off. And he did it. Also, good mobility in the pocket.

GIF 2 - Nice looking off the DBs. Came back to a perfect throw over the middle.

GIF 3 - Pure arm strength throw. Couldn't step into it because of defender.

All in all really good stuff.

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220438)

http://i.imgur.com/OfN4t.gif

Great pocket presence, made something out of nothing with the interior of the line imploding on him. He throws off his back foot, but before he is set causing him to throw to the receiver's incorrect shoulder. I think in the NFL that could have been problems for the receiver.

http://i.imgur.com/X4erl.gif

Again, great pocket presence. Doesn't appear to take his eyes from downfield and amazing touch on the throw placing it past two defenders and in front of two defenders, right into the WRs hands.

http://i.imgur.com/AAh8K.gif

Couldn't ask for better ball placement.

hometeam 12-18-2012 08:20 AM

You mean, it is possible for a QB to throw a ball to a spot where only HIS guy can catch it??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

UNPOSSIBLE!

RealSNR 12-18-2012 08:25 AM

I don't know what Geno is doing in those three gifs, but whatever it is it makes my dick hard

Pasta Little Brioni 12-18-2012 08:26 AM

A little too much "black" in those throws/Slappy

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9220470)
I don't know what Geno is doing in those three gifs, but whatever it is it makes my dick hard

LMAO

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 08:40 AM

There are a ton of great photos of Genormous on zimbio.

Click "zoom" and then right click, copy image URL to get hi-res.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Geno+Sm...ia/xNaBK6J8hUE

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/G...aBK6J8hUEx.jpg

burt 12-18-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9219618)
I think it's multiple factors. First, wins and losses aside, he's at West Virginia. That's an automatic mark against him regardless. Second, West Virginia lost 5 games. Third, he's black. And yes, I do think that's an issue, and will continue to be so. Black quarterbacks are not treated equally. In every discussion about them, you will see their work ethic questioned, you will see their intelligence questioned, and you will always see them discussed as athletes who can throw, rather than as athletic quarterbacks. Always their running ability is highlighted, and every other aspect of the game questioned. You saw that with Cam Newton, who shockingly came into the NFL and has excelled as a pocket qb who can run when he needs to. Imagine that. Now I think it was somewhat of a valid question in his case, since his college career was so heavily run oriented. But then there was RG3. Now, of course, he got some leeway because he's a military kid and since both parents served he has to be "high character". But despite that, consistently all of last year people talked about him as a running quarterback, in spite the fact that over the course of his career at Baylor he become more and more of a pocket passer. He was always reputed to be a smart, hard working guy, and yet nobody would ever talk about drafting him early. A lot of people were actually surprised to see him go when he did. And they shouldn't have been.

I think it's the same with Smith. He's not at a traditional football power, and although they did jump to the Big XII, and that is a significant step up from the Big Least, it's still not the SEC. Since he's not doing it at a big time program it must be a fluke, and it's all weak competition. Yada, yada, yada.

That's what I think. And I think despite that he'll be a surprise "riser" once the combine and workouts hit. Because, according to everything that I've ever read about him (and I didn't just start reading about him this year - I was talking about him on draft day last year, and even before that...), he's an extremely hard working student of the game, very intelligent, with all the requisite ability and skills you could ever want, both tangibles and intangibles. I think he'll interview very well, and I think his strong points will stand out on tape, while his weak points (and he does have them) are all coachable. He's strong armed, has a quick release, can read defenses, make all the throws short, intermediate and long. I just think that once the "experts" take the time to look at him (I assume the actual NFL scouts already know this...) all this will stand out. There's just a lot about him that you can't teach, both his work ethic and his natural talent.

Is that Andrew Luck? No, I don't think so. Is it RG3? No, I don't think that either. But I don't think he's too far down from that level. And I think in this class, which doesn't really (in my opinion...) have a standout at any other key blue chip draft pick position (meaning DB, DL, WR), he's an absolute no-brainer of a pick for a team like us who should be looking extremely hard at the quarterback position.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he'll grade out worse than I expect in the spring. No way for me to know. But my guess is that he'll be the consensus #1 player on the board by the time the draft rolls around. If he's not, then it will probably be some kind of character issue that got uncovered (sort of like Justin Houston, but I assume nothing that egregious...). I don't expect anything like that with him however, and I don't think there's anything about his play that would or should scare teams off.

I found this very illuminating....Thank You...your insight is appreciated!

Pasta Little Brioni 12-18-2012 08:51 AM

Come to the Darkside burt

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 08:52 AM

Dat throwin motion

http://www.cbssports.com/images/coll...mithSplash.JPG

ARROW2 12-18-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9220535)
Come to the Darkside burt

You might even catch some rhythm and your dick will grow....LMAO

htismaqe 12-18-2012 09:03 AM

That 3rd GIF is a PERFECT example of an NFL-caliber throw.

The WR is NOT wide open, as people often say Geno's WRs always are. That's pretty good trail coverage. There's only one window in which to put the ball.

And the throw is PERFECT.

burt 12-18-2012 09:07 AM

1) Clay, if you look long enough, you could make a gif even making Stanzi look good.

2) I NEVER know what total douche nozzles PGM, SNR and Keg were....glad I know.

3) Douche nozzles or not....they have swayed me to the dark side.

4) Still think ideas "outside the box" merit discussion, even when "late to the party" and not vulgar low brow responses(which I lowered myself to)

5) I am still currently amazed at the lack of reading and comprehension skills on this board.

I NEVER said "I disagree", nor say Smith was bad. I questioned his ability IN THE NFL...but every college player has that unknown! These comments were met with loud arguments that contained completely false statements, and vulgar name calling. If ANY person with an average IQ or above actually read this....they could see how incredibly obtuse you guys were. If you doubt this statement, I encourage you to go back and re-read....you will find that I am correct!

burt 12-18-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9220563)
You might even catch some rhythm and your dick will grow....LMAO

and THAT, sir, could harm some innocent women......

WildTurkey 12-18-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9220568)

The WR is NOT wide open, as people often say Geno's WRs always are. That's pretty good trail coverage. There's only one window in which to put the ball.

But Domer said he wasn't accurate. So that's obviously a fluke play

burt 12-18-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9220588)
But Domer said he wasn't accurate. So that's obviously a fluke play

You forgot to call him a cum belching gutter snipe.......

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 09:16 AM

Smith's best quality, beyond his accuracy, and his deep throws (best in college), is that his eyes are always down field...pressure doesn't rattle him

look at the gifs...he is always looking down field for a WR

it's even more impressive watching it snap to snap during a game

QBs that 'feel' the pressure look down at their feet, or the line of scrimmage, at which point the play is fubar usually...

I'm not sure it's a skill you can teach either, it's a disposition...you have it or you don't...Smith has it

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9220582)
1) Clay, if you look long enough, you could make a gif even making Stanzi look good.

He has 11,000 yards, 96 TD and 21 INT for his college career.

I don't have to look hard for Geno looking good.

He also has a career completion percentage of 67.4.

You know who else completed 67 percent of their passes in college?

Andrew Luck and Bob Griffin 3.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

2) I NEVER know what total douche nozzles PGM, SNR and Keg were....glad I know.

3) Douche nozzles or not....they have swayed me to the dark side.

4) Still think ideas "outside the box" merit discussion, even when "late to the party" and not vulgar low brow responses(which I lowered myself to)

5) I am still currently amazed at the lack of reading and comprehension skills on this board.

I NEVER said "I disagree", nor say Smith was bad. I questioned his ability IN THE NFL...but every college player has that unknown! These comments were met with loud arguments that contained completely false statements, and vulgar name calling. If ANY person with an average IQ or above actually read this....they could see how incredibly obtuse you guys were. If you doubt this statement, I encourage you to go back and re-read....you will find that I am correct!

i encourage you to throw yourself into a vat of aids

if you had ever watched him play, you wouldn't need to depend on 3 gifs out of his entire career to inform your worthless opinion...

but you seem to really want to tell us something about Smith, for some reason...

Mr. Laz 12-18-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9220568)

Nobody should question his arm or ability to throw.

His arm is awesome

It will be all the mental and intangible stuff that will make or break him.

I still wonder about the speed of his delivery, would like to see that clock on it.

to be fair, EVERY qb draft prospect has to prove the mental/intangible stuff on the NFL level. You never now whether they will adapt or implode.

burt 12-18-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220614)

My point is valid and you know it!!! And so are your quoted points!! I am on board!

burt 12-18-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9220618)
i encourage you to throw yourself into a vat of aids

if you had ever watched him play, you wouldn't need to depend on 3 gifs out of his entire career to inform your worthless opinion...

but you seem to really want to tell us something about Smith, for some reason...

and, you ****tard, still can't read.

burt 12-18-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9220619)

I still wonder about the speed of his delivery, would like to see that clock on it.

to be fair, EVERY qb draft prospect has to prove the mental/intangible stuff on the NFL level. You never now whether they will adapt or implode.

Oh shit! You are in for it now!!!LMAOLMAO

BigCatDaddy 12-18-2012 09:22 AM

Why do you not want to see the Chiefs be great, Burt?

Mr. Laz 12-18-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9220627)
Oh shit! You are in for it now!!!LMAOLMAO

doesn't help that you cut out the good stuff on your quote

bastige :cuss:

:)

burt 12-18-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9220631)
Why do you not want to see the Chiefs be great, Burt?

Please, do yourself a favor and actually learn to read.....

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9220619)
Nobody should question his arm or ability to throw.

His arm is awesome

Exactly why the new CBA is set up perfectly for us to find our guy. There will always be a possibility of someone not working out, but you have to try.

The only other concern I have is I would like to see his drop back motion. I can look past it because of his pocket maneuverability, that trends to translate, but I wouldn't mind seeing it.

ARROW2 12-18-2012 09:28 AM

Don't be scurred Burt......If the pundits say Geno is top 10, why is he not good enough to be #1? Who else in the pundit's top 10 blows you away? You take Geno and don't look back. Wilson's concussuions scare me and he didn't really impress me based on the hype. Glennon seems OK....Barkley sucks...I like Bray and Mariota but he is not eligible for the draft. I think it is fear of a black QB for some people....

DaKCMan AP 12-18-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220614)

I'm a Geno Smith fan, but the completion percentage argument isn't a strong one for college. Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy completed greater than 67% of their passes in college.

Deberg_1990 12-18-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

I NEVER said "I disagree", nor say Smith was bad. I questioned his ability IN THE NFL...but every college player has that unknown!

Your right, every college kid drafted is an unknown commodity. Its all a gamble. Thats what the draft is.

Teams draft most top 10 and 1st round picks based on potential and measurables. They are playing the odds because usually, the biggest, strongest, fastest have the highest probability of success. Lower round picks you start bringing intangiles into the equation.

ARROW2 12-18-2012 09:31 AM

Geno has not had any injuries that I know of and doesn't appear to be injury prone...has good size...can throw the shit out of the ball and can change the game with one throw...