ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Reaper16 10-10-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazu (Post 7983082)
The Wire was good, but takes a back seat to Breaking Bad and The Sopranos, in that order.

Now I know you're not a writer on Breaking Bad. BB hires smart writers.

KC_Connection 10-10-2011 12:41 AM

Oh, and where's Mike? I'm assuming he's still alive and will be back next season.

wazu 10-10-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7983105)
Now I know you're not a writer on Breaking Bad. BB hires smart writers.

But according to you, not good ones.

Reaper16 10-10-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7983106)
Oh, and where's Mike? I'm assuming he's still alive and will be back next season.

And what happens when the guys higher up than Gus at Madrigal Electromotive hear about what happened?

Reaper16 10-10-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazu (Post 7983107)
But according to you, not good ones.

wut

KC_Connection 10-10-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7983109)
And what happens when the guys higher up than Gus at Madrigal Electromotive hear about what happened?

Walt then realizes that he won the battle, not the war.

KC_Connection 10-10-2011 01:46 AM

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...imes&seid=auto

Gilligan answers some questions regarding where the series goes from here and provides some confirmation on what we've just seen.

Kyle DeLexus 10-10-2011 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7983100)
So Walt poisoned the kid as I suspected. Just with something not quite as toxic as ricin. In any case, it's yet another example of him willing to sacrifice an innocent in order to live on. You'd have to think his comeuppance will come at the end of the series.

A pity Gus had to die at the hands of Hector and Walt. What a great character.

I suspected the same as you, but when he had his neighbor go check his house I knew Walk was responsible for poisoning Brock.

KC_Connection 10-10-2011 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7983141)
I suspected the same as you, but when he had his neighbor go check his house I knew Walk was responsible for poisoning Brock.

Yeah, that was a definite clue. Another example of him putting somebody else's life on the line to protect his own.

I think the ending may have been more effective for those that didn't suspect Walt of such cruelness, though. Not believing that would have added to the suspense a bit.

eazyb81 10-10-2011 06:16 AM

Hooking the bomb up to Hector's bell was pure genious.

Did anyone else think for a second that Walt was going to kill Jesse while he was handcuffed?

It sucks Gus is gone, but thankfully this means we have Saul in the picture for the rest of the series.

eazyb81 10-10-2011 06:40 AM

http://entertainment.salon.com/2011/...oly_chemistry/

Quote:

But all in all, the show’s consistently high level of quality continued into a fourth year, which is no small accomplishment, and the plotlines changed both the characters and the series’ tone in fascinating ways, tightening the screws on all the major characters and foregrounding the film noir/black comedy influence that was always present. “Breaking Bad” is a great TV series, a worthy heir to the dark dramas that preceded and influenced it. No matter how fast series creator Vince Gilligan and company turn around Season 5, the wait will still seem endless.

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7983023)
You really should watch The Wire sometime.

I love this show, but the writing alone on The Wire makes Breaking Bad look like Sesame Street.

wazu 10-10-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7983514)
I love this show, but the writing alone on The Wire makes Breaking Bad look like Sesame Street.

How can you love a show that you think has shitty writing?

I really enjoyed The Wire, but it seems there are a lot of people for which it is now the only really good show ever produced, and we shall never again see it's equal. Sorry, but it wasn't quite that awesome.

If you guys want to see a truly great, classic T.V. show, I would like to recommend going back in the archives and watching "Get a Life". The writing of that show makes The Wire look like Sesame Street.

Dr. Gigglepants 10-10-2011 12:11 PM

I don't think BB has shitty writing, just that The Wire has superb writing. The dialogue in The Wire between all the drug dealers feels so authentic that it seems like they're speaking a different language.

I agree on Get a Life.

OnTheWarpath15 10-10-2011 12:24 PM

Just in case someone hasn't seen the episode yet: