ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305574)

Frazod 07-21-2017 09:49 PM

Jaime Garcia just hit a grand slam for the Braves against the Dodgers in LA. LMAO

bdj23 07-22-2017 04:31 PM

20th bullpen loss of the season.

What a shitshow

kcpasco 07-22-2017 04:32 PM

Just sell

O.city 07-22-2017 04:35 PM

Sell everything.

Martinez, whoever

kcpasco 07-22-2017 04:40 PM

Fowler was jogging in centerfield when Bryant scored from first. Good throw but still no excuse for that.

kcpasco 07-22-2017 04:44 PM

That's the type of loss that should make a GM want to sell. This team isn't horrible but they should try and improve for next year. They will probably trade for some middle reliever and say they are to close to give up though.

kcpasco 07-22-2017 04:49 PM

Just seems like any close game they somehow blow it with either horrible defense or relief pitching. It would help if the manager actually knew how to handle a bullpen.

Bearcat 07-22-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12966635)
No, I still see him post on Facebook. He just got pissed over the mod shakeup and took his toys and went home.

I miss the humble brags.

duncan_idaho 07-22-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 12968600)
That's the type of loss that should make a GM want to sell. This team isn't horrible but they should try and improve for next year. They will probably trade for some middle reliever and say they are to close to give up though.

It's clear from watching the Cardinals that they've lost a little bit of that "grind it!" Mentality that LaRussa was so good at fostering. I've seen Mozeliak talk about that recently, and how they need a shake-up.

Seems like the place to start would be with the manager, but I heard some stuff this week (third hand but trustworthy) that reinforces what Miklasz has been saying about Matheny's standing with the DeWitts...

Basically, Matheny is beloved by them because his good looks, super Christian image, and "Cardinal Way" background are incredibly popular with the casual portions of the fan base. This member of the St. Louis media thinks Matheny is the manager as long as he wants to be.

Might be time to start thinking about framing him for some of the shit Hugh Freeze just got toasted for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-22-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12968663)
It's clear from watching the Cardinals that they've lost a little bit of that "grind it!" Mentality that LaRussa was so good at fostering. I've seen Mozeliak talk about that recently, and how they need a shake-up.

Seems like the place to start would be with the manager, but I heard some stuff this week (third hand but trustworthy) that reinforces what Miklasz has been saying about Matheny's standing with the DeWitts...

Basically, Matheny is beloved by them because his good looks, super Christian image, and "Cardinal Way" background are incredibly popular with the casual portions of the fan base. This member of the St. Louis media thinks Matheny is the manager as long as he wants to be.

Might be time to start thinking about framing him for some of the shit Hugh Freeze just got toasted for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The team loses scores of games in incredibly dumbassed fashion and it's gotten worse every year of his tenure. You're right that it's not accidental.

The best way to get rid of him is to have him get over his head with some more terrible real estate deals. Then, maybe someone will cap his ass.

DJ's left nut 07-22-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12968698)
The team loses scores of games in incredibly dumbassed fashion and it's gotten worse every year of his tenure. You're right that it's not accidental.

The best way to get rid of him is to have him get over his head with some more terrible real estate deals. Then, maybe someone will cap his ass.

Being shitty at his job got Mozeliak promoted.

So hey, just promote Matheny and call it a day.

I can't handle this team or this manager anymore. It's the most unlikable team I've ever seen in any sport. Is mizzou basketball if 90% of the players were loafing millionaires.

VAChief 07-25-2017 05:44 PM

Bader called up and in the line up in cf tonight.

raybec 4 07-26-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 12973522)

I'd love to see the O'Neil kid they traded Marco for get some time in the big club too.

raybec 4 07-26-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 12973522)

Bader with the winning run in his debut, that's cool for him.

DJ's left nut 07-26-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12974294)
I'd love to see the O'Neil kid they traded Marco for get some time in the big club too.

I'd love to see Fowler never wear the uniform again.

The Cardinals have nothing but outfielders, starting pitchers and lefthhanded relievers in their system and over the last two years they've burned $195 million on a replacement level OFer and lefty reliever and an average starting pitcher.

And that got John Mozeliak a !@#$ing promotion. I'd give anything to have a job in that organization. If you look good on camera and speak without saying anything, you have a job for life. Do a bad enough job and you'll get promoted.

It's incredible how bad a job John Mozeliak has done over the last 3 years. Just absolute dogshit.