ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official Houston Astros @ Kansas City Royals ALDS Game 2 Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295168)

duncan_idaho 10-10-2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11787637)
BTW, does anyone know when it became legal to lean in to intentionally get hit by a pitch?

Never, technically.

Just never called. Probably too much of a quick thing for an ump to determine - in most cases - if it's a result of trying to get out of the way and turn your back, or an attempt to get hit intentionally.

Bob Dole 10-10-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11787665)
Never, technically.

Just never called. Probably too much of a quick thing for an ump to determine - in most cases - if it's a result of trying to get out of the way and turn your back, or an attempt to get hit intentionally.

Did anyone else notice that the Astros player made zero attempt to back up and actually extended his heavily padded left elbow? It was blatant.

WilliamTheIrish 10-10-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 11787637)
BTW, does anyone know when it became legal to lean in to intentionally get hit by a pitch?

I don't know about the legality, but Pete Rose did it in game 1 of the 1980 WS vs the Royals. Stuck his knee right in there and started the rally.

Deberg_1990 10-10-2015 09:54 AM

Crush City Maaaah! ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6HzHWZ7SDow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mama Hip Rockets 10-10-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 11787199)
This guy just won't shut up.... seriously.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Any chance the Royals bring Ventura out of the pen to throw at Rasmus next time he&#39;s up? I mean, why stop the bushleague crap now?</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/652584817704476673">October 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Holy shit, man. Get over it.

Chiefshrink 10-10-2015 02:45 PM

The "Stros" are in the same position as the Royals last year as far as momentum and being somewhat psychologically naive to this point. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain with a lot of talent still being discovered coming from the 'wild card' perspective. They don't know to feel the pressure as much as the Royals do and why IMO the Royals "must win" tomorrow's game to gain the psychological edge. Because right now even though it is tied the "Stros" are still in the driver's seat IMO and IF we can do the same to them as they did to us by taking the 1st game in their house it will give us the edge IMO.:thumb:

Sure-Oz 10-10-2015 02:56 PM

Laconfora def will be butthurt forever.

siberian khatru 10-10-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 11787684)
I don't know about the legality, but Pete Rose did it in game 1 of the 1980 WS vs the Royals. Stuck his knee right in there and started the rally.

Then to add whipped cream on top, took a couple of steps toward Leonard on his way to first as if to say, "How DARE you hit me!", to fire up the Phils.

It worked. That prick.

KChiefs1 10-10-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 11788117)
Then to add whipped cream on top, took a couple of steps toward Leonard on his way to first as if to say, "How DARE you hit me!", to fire up the Phils.

It worked. That prick.

Shook up Leonard too.

Bearcat 10-10-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 11788039)
The "Stros" are in the same position as the Royals last year as far as momentum and being somewhat psychologically naive to this point. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain with a lot of talent still being discovered coming from the 'wild card' perspective. They don't know to feel the pressure as much as the Royals do and why IMO the Royals "must win" tomorrow's game to gain the psychological edge. Because right now even though it is tied the "Stros" are still in the driver's seat IMO and IF we can do the same to them as they did to us by taking the 1st game in their house it will give us the edge IMO.:thumb:

Could be, but the '14 Royals didn't have to come back from a loss until the World Series... you could say the pressure has already shifted since the Astros have their ace on the mound in front of the home crowd and don't want to go back to KC.

threebag 10-10-2015 07:24 PM

Thank God for the Royals threads. The rest of this place has gone to hell.

I think tomorrow's game will determine everything for this team.

GO ROYALS!!!!

tredadda 10-10-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11788424)
Could be, but the '14 Royals didn't have to come back from a loss until the World Series... you could say the pressure has already shifted since the Astros have their ace on the mound in front of the home crowd and don't want to go back to KC.

Not sure I agree with that. I still think the pressure is on KC. They came 90 feet from possibly winning the WS last year, finished with the best record in the AL this year, have a window that is close to closing and traded for Cueto and Zobrist to get them that WS this year. The Astros were not supposed to be here and are young and playing free, much like KC did last year. They are playing with house money with nothing to lose.

Bearcat 10-10-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 11788515)
Not sure I agree with that. I still think the pressure is on KC. They came 90 feet from possibly winning the WS last year, finished with the best record in the AL this year, have a window that is close to closing and traded for Cueto and Zobrist to get them that WS this year. The Astros were not supposed to be here and are young and playing free, much like KC did last year. They are playing with house money with nothing to lose.

I do think the Royals will loosen up, as it sure looked like it in the second half of yesterday's game, but it's unknown how the loss will impact the Astros.... maybe they won't give a shit, maybe they'll start pressing, or something in between.

Overall, I agree with what you said, but who knows how each win or loss impacts each player and the team overall.... the Royals do have the added pressure this year, but they also have the experience to build on from last year.