ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

GoShox 12-01-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9167742)
I'm really having conflicted feelings about it.

I really liked Belcher as a player.

But I guess what's right is right. He did a horrible thing.

This is exactly how I feel. He was one of my favorite players, a guy that goes undrafted and works his way up to a starting position.

But if he was the one that got killed by someone else, I'd have too much hate for the killer. It's unfair for me to feel like he was the victim.

okcchief 12-01-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9167705)
Sometimes it feels like the four major sports commissioners have a contest going of who can embarrass themselves, ruin their league, and piss off their customers the most.

It does seen that way.

ChiefsCountry 12-01-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9167747)
the mothers facebook said her favorite athlete is jackie battle.

not saying anything but meh

Through Battle is probably how she met Belcher.

The_Doctor10 12-01-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9167742)
I'm really having conflicted feelings about it.

I really liked Belcher as a player.

But I guess what's right is right. He did a horrible thing.

Why does this matter any more?

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9167754)
Tweets from Belcher's agent:

https://twitter.com/Jovan_Belcher

That's a fake account.

Chief77 12-01-2012 01:19 PM

This is a devastating tragedy that will effect the families, the players, and coaches for the rest of their lives. No words can heal this right now. How the NFL can force these players to play a game tommorrow is insane. Same for the coaching staff. Romeo must be so shocked right now.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 01:19 PM

Have to wonder where ESPN is getting the information about the "additional acts of violence" that RAC and Pioli worked to stop.

Ace Gunner 12-01-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167739)
hadn't even thought of that

yikes

oh gawd I hope this is not true.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9167753)
Through Battle is probably how she met Belcher.

Yep.

They were set up by a Chiefs player. Sounds like it might have been JB.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9167758)
Have to wonder where ESPN is getting the information about the "additional acts of violence" that RAC and Pioli worked to stop.

I think they are referring to him committing suicide, not hurting someone else.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9167744)
Meanwhile other reports are that this was as a result of an argument when the g/f came back late from a concert.

I think throwing around the baby mamma drama right now is uncalled for, especially from a guy that's already hopped on his soap box several times today.

except for it's not my baby mamma drama rumor ...

but hey feel free to try and 'get revenge' for me calling you out on your dipshittery.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9167746)
If I'm Clark, I'm calling a team meeting and letting the players and coaches vote on whether to play tomorrow or not. Majority decides and I'll deal with the fallout from Goodell.

Probably not a bad idea.

FAX 12-01-2012 01:21 PM

I note that there are a lot of posters who feel it's heartless to blame Belcher for these events and I understand their point of view.

For my part, I am extremely sensitive to the needs and problems associated with the mentally ill. That is an undeniable, historical fact. God knows I've known my share of people who suffered from all sorts of severe emotional issues.

However, I see it this way ... assuming the early reports are factual, I can't help but believe that there is another way to deal with your problems outside of killing your girlfriend (in front of your mother, no less) then killing yourself. Belcher wasn't certifiably insane. He didn't think he was Napoleon or see bats under his bed. He was, by all accounts, completely functional. It's pretty obvious that he went temporarily mad, did something horrible in a fit of uncontrollable rage, then decided to either punish himself or escape punishment.

But based on what we know he did, if Belcher were some sort of raggedy, worthless hobo instead of a professional football player, people wouldn't give two dull damns about him. They'd throw some dirt on him and call it a day. Personally, I have a limited amount of compassion for people who intentionally hurt other people then feel sorry for themselves.

FAX

Ace Gunner 12-01-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9167747)
the mothers facebook said her favorite athlete is jackie battle.

not saying anything but meh

I believe I read in the past that Battle is married with kids.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9167762)
I think they are referring to him committing suicide, not hurting someone else.

Yep, OK. I was probably trying to read way too much into the statement. Thanks.