ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Kareem Hunt Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307438)

Wallcrawler 03-11-2022 05:45 PM

This place, and it's inexplicable infatuation with Kareem Hunt is hilarious.

Yes. Let's bring in a 27 year old brokedick running back who has missed 17 games since he left here due to injuries, because of some nostalgia factor that we refuse to let go of from his time at the very beginning of his career.

The guy isn't reliable. Mentally, OR physically. If you want a rb, draft one of these kids in April.

Kareem had his shot. He blew it. Facebook posts from daddy about the good old days aren't going to change anything.

It makes very little sense to bring the guy back. The distraction factor alone is a pain in the ass.

DJJasonp 03-11-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16186366)

Yes. Let's bring in a 27 year old brokedick running back who has missed 17 games since he left here due to injuries, because of some nostalgia factor that we refuse to let go of from his time at the very beginning of his career.

The guy isn't reliable. Mentally, OR physically. If you want a rb, draft one of these kids in April.

Kareem had his shot. He blew it. Facebook posts from daddy about the good old days aren't going to change anything.

It makes very little sense to bring the guy back. The distraction factor alone is a pain in the ass.

17 games to injury??? Are you counting games he was suspended for???

Molitoth 03-11-2022 05:55 PM

Andy Reid won't run the ball anyway.

The Franchise 03-11-2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 16186373)
17 games to injury??? Are you counting games he was suspended for???

Dude missed 8 games in 2019 for his suspension. Then played all of 2020. Then 9 for injuries in 2021.

Saying he missed 17 games due to injuries is disingenuous.

threebag 03-11-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16186366)

https://www.vetlexicon.com/vetstream.../21_165837.jpg

ARROW2 03-11-2022 06:19 PM

I'm ALL in.......LET'S DO IT! Imagine the emotion in the locker room upon his return. Hell, I may even shed a tear. We would be dynamic again. Cleveland is stupid

BossChief 03-11-2022 06:48 PM

Yes, please.

You add KH and a good WR2 to this offense and you can spend every other resource bolstering the defense.

ARROW2 03-11-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 16186468)
Yes, please.

You add KH and a good WR2 to this offense and you can spend every other resource bolstering the defense.

Imagine him behind our O-Line and the threat of Mahomes creating light boxes......DAMN!!! Un****ingstoppable.......Plus, we used him in the passing game at an elite level. We haven't had a back take it to the house from distance since he left.

penguinz 03-11-2022 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 16186485)
Imagine him behind our O-Line and the threat of Mahomes creating light boxes......DAMN!!! Un****ingstoppable.......Plus, we used him in the passing game at an elite level. We haven't had a back take it to the house from distance since he left.

Gore had a 51yd td vs raiders.

htismaqe 03-11-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 16186504)
Gore had a 51yd td vs raiders.

Which is longer than all but ONE of Kareem Hunt’s rushes as a Chief.

He was great in the passing game but calling him a home run threat rushing is pure revisionism.

htismaqe 03-11-2022 07:43 PM

I’m all for bringing Hunt back if that’s what the Chiefs want to do but the nostalgia around here is hilarious. He didn’t do half the things people “remember “.

RealSNR 03-11-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16186566)
I’m all for bringing Hunt back if that’s what the Chiefs want to do but the nostalgia around here is hilarious. He didn’t do half the things people “remember “.

And all that power running people go ga-ga over kind of started to show its wear on his body.

He's still probably pretty good, but those midseason injuries like he had last year are only going to become more and more frequent.

I wouldn't be surprised if we brought him in and he ended up playing like nothing more than a glorified Darrell Williams. And if that happened, people would be back at it again with the "Andy Reid needs to be saved from himself!!!" idiocy.

ForeverIowan 03-11-2022 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16186566)

I was sitting in the endzone for that Broncos game where he jumped the safety and then trucked another dude for a TD. Arrowhead went crazy! His enormous debut in New England. I could go on and on. He is the perfect back in our system. He provided a physocal presence and attitude that weve been unable to find since he left. He likely has 2-3 high-level years left would love to see him back.

Halfcan 03-11-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 16186377)
Andy Reid won't run the ball anyway.

:thumb:

He was too busy trying to design passing plays to beat 3 man rushes.

Even with a lead in the playoffs, he would not run the ball.

Red Dawg 03-11-2022 08:54 PM

Let's be clear. When Andy had Smith he used Hunt and ran it a lot. Hunt led the league in rushing. Since Mahomes started he runs it less and less.