ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9167728)
This could be, but it's just such a strange, unsettling situation that I could see many not wanting to be there.

Well, football is what the town is.

Just reading stuff online, people are gonna want to be there to support the players.

Just my gut feeling.

DTLB58 12-01-2012 01:14 PM

Statement from Kansas City Chiefs Chairman & CEO Clark Hunt

Posted 9 minutes ago

PR Staff Kansas City Chiefs Public Relations Official Press Release Email @ChiefsPR

"The entire Chiefs family is deeply saddened by today's events, and our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy, thoughts and prayers for the families and friends affected by this unthinkable tragedy. We sincerely appreciate the expressions of sympathy and support we have received from so many in the Kansas City and NFL communities, and ask for continued prayers for the loved ones of those impacted."

We will continue to fully cooperate with the authorities and work to ensure that the appropriate counseling resources are available to all members of the organization.”

--CHIEFS--

Dayze 12-01-2012 01:14 PM

Who is this Denise chick everyone keeps talking about?

DJ's left nut 12-01-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9167720)
I think fans are gonna show up en masse to support the players.

I can't decide if I'm going or not.

I think I may show up to the game in support of the team, but I don't think I'm going to tailgate. The atmosphere will be awful.

What reason is there for enjoying ourselves tomorrow?

tk13 12-01-2012 01:15 PM

I don't know what to expect. I could see more people showing up for support... but I could also be empty because this is going to be like a funeral. Certainly not entertainment, which is what the NFL is supposed to be. Which is why this is stupid.

Plus our coaching staff isn't going to have their head in the game at all, I'd imagine. That can't be good. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit. Or guys like DJ and Hali who are going to spend the whole game thinking about this when Belcher isn't there communicating with them during the game.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9167684)
Sounds to me like he must have been another Chiefs player then. Why go to the stadium if this is not the case?

hadn't even thought of that

yikes

okcchief 12-01-2012 01:16 PM

Although I disagree with everything Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel have done football wise my thoughts go out to them today as people. This is something that won't go away. Also, to the little girl that is without parents at 2 1/2 months old. The football season seems pretty trivial at moment.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9167734)
Who is this Denise chick everyone keeps talking about?

A female version of blackbob, but worse.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167723)
I've typed out four different long responses to how I feel about all of this, and decided it just wasn't worth it.

I'll just say that I have exactly zero time or patience for someone that chooses to murder then take their own life.

I'm really having conflicted feelings about it.

I really liked Belcher as a player.

But I guess what's right is right. He did a horrible thing.

DJ's left nut 12-01-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167575)
the rumor reason would be .... that Belcher probably planned on going and finding/killing the guy who was the biological father of his child, that he just found about, that started all the shooting.

Meanwhile other reports are that this was as a result of an argument when the g/f came back late from a concert.

I think throwing around the baby mamma drama right now is uncalled for, especially from a guy that's already hopped on his soap box several times today.

RealSNR 12-01-2012 01:17 PM

This death is a shattering blow to the team's psyche and confidence. I can't imagine many of the guys possess the will to play football at the moment.

It may be prudent at the end of the year even moreso now to let go of Pioli and Crennel if Clark wasn't already planning on doing so. Continuing the administration like this just sort of mires a coaching staff and a team in the past, which is never a good thing.

Chiefnj2 12-01-2012 01:17 PM

If I'm Clark, I'm calling a team meeting and letting the players and coaches vote on whether to play tomorrow or not. Majority decides and I'll deal with the fallout from Goodell.

Shogun 12-01-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167739)
hadn't even thought of that

yikes

the mothers facebook said her favorite athlete is jackie battle.

not saying anything but meh

niblet 12-01-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9167707)
The short answer is no, we can't. There are mental issues which can cause someone to act - and even kill - in ways they normally wouldn't.

Actions are always products of our mental faculties, so the distinction between people who are hardwired to murder and those who aren't but have been induced to the same end is not meaningful. We can get into some grandiose philosophical argument about how no one truly controls their thoughts and actions independent of providence, but really the only practical thing we can do is condemn actions harmful to civilization, not feel sorry for Hitler because he was acting according to what a multitude of complex circumstances and predispositions destined upon him.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9167736)
I can't decide if I'm going or not.

I think I may show up to the game in support of the team, but I don't think I'm going to tailgate. The atmosphere will be awful.

What reason is there for enjoying ourselves tomorrow?

This.

I've flip-flopped 100 times over the past hour trying to decide if I want to find a ticket and make the trip.

Part of me feels this unexplainable desire to be there, to support the players, and then I talk myself out of it, knowing it's going to be an extremely tough and emotional day.