ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mizzou Basketball 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258449)

Ceej 12-28-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9247568)
UCLA was the 12th most efficient offense coming into the game...

Our D sucked most of the night, but they're a very good offensive team.

I would assume they were just clicking on all cylinders (UCLA).

Eighty eight points in 40 minutes of basketball is a lot to give up to a young team.

Stanley Nickels 12-28-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9247574)
Missouri athletics and expectations is the deadliest combination of things I can think of. Nothing makes me want to ****ing end it all like a Mizzou team that underperforms.

An hero arrives.

petegz28 12-28-2012 11:44 PM

All I am saying is the fact the Refs didn't even go to the monitors on the Pressey foul is ****ing bullshit. If they go to the monitor and come back and say it's a clean foul it's still bullshit but more acceptable bullshit.

What I don't understand is there were 3 straight fouls and none of them were actually attempts at the ball so I don't know why teams are allowed to get away with that?

Stanley Nickels 12-28-2012 11:47 PM

Well, there goes my Minny ML bet. Derp.

KcMizzou 12-28-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9247580)
All I am saying is the fact the Refs didn't even go to the monitors on the Pressey foul is ****ing bullshit. If they go to the monitor and come back and say it's a clean foul it's still bullshit but more acceptable bullshit.

What I don't understand is there were 3 straight fouls and none of them were actually attempts at the ball so I don't know why teams are allowed to get away with that?

Home cookin', we got ****ed. I agree. Shoulda won anyway.

In the grand scheme of things, it can only help. Coaching-wise, anyway.

CoMoChief 12-29-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9247527)
KU gets that call 100 times out of 100 and you know it... Or were you not watching?

Oh bullshit man....MU won last year in Columbia due to a BS Steve Moore flopping charge on Thomas Robinson so I don't wanna hear that shit. Bad calls happen all the time. Bottom Line: MU didn't play defense worth a shit and if you let a team hang around til the end you have a chance to lose and thats exactly what happened tonight.

CoMoChief 12-29-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9247530)
I saw flop pressey try to sell a flagrant

That's exactly what I saw too. Good call from the refs...it looked a lot worse than what it actually was. He even stayed on the ground for a min acting like he was seeing tweety bird. great acting job by pressey.

kcchiefsus 12-29-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9247736)
Oh bullshit man....MU won last year in Columbia due to a BS Steve Moore flopping charge on Thomas Robinson so I don't wanna hear that shit. Bad calls happen all the time. Bottom Line: MU didn't play defense worth a shit and if you let a team hang around til the end you have a chance to lose and thats exactly what happened tonight.

Go **** yourself bundle of sticks, then kill yourself. Wait, kill your family first then off yourself.

ImAWalkingCorpse 12-29-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9247746)
That's exactly what I saw too. Good call from the refs...it looked a lot worse than what it actually was. He even stayed on the ground for a min acting like he was seeing tweety bird. great acting job by pressey.

Except he wasn't trying to make a play on the ball. KU get's that call every time.

CoMoChief 12-29-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 9247797)
Go **** yourself pillowbitergot, then kill yourself. Wait, kill your family first then off yourself.

nice...

:rolleyes:

CoMoChief 12-29-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9247942)
Except he wasn't trying to make a play on the ball. KU get's that call every time.

no they don't.

just another little brother syndrome myth that spews from the mouth of a MU fan. That's seriously all it is.

stonedstooge 12-29-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9247992)
no they don't.

just another little brother syndrome myth that spews from the mouth of a MU fan. That's seriously all it is.

Beakers had to have officiating that had officials trying to send them to the line I think it was 42 times last year when Mizzou played at Kansas. So yes, compared to the screwing teams get at The Fraud, this was somewhat weaker

Silock 12-29-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9248012)
Beakers had to have officiating that had officials trying to send them to the line I think it was 42 times last year when Mizzou played at Kansas. So yes, compared to the screwing teams get at The Fraud, this was somewhat weaker

KU was fouled 22 times in Lawrence compared to fouling Missouri 16 times.

Conversely, in Columbia, KU was whistled for 20 fouls, while Missouri was only whistled for 10 the whole game. And there were plenty of terrible calls in Columbia that helped the Tigers out.

Stanley Nickels 12-29-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9248034)
KU was fouled 22 times in Lawrence compared to fouling Missouri 16 times.

Conversely, in Columbia, KU was whistled for 20 fouls, while Missouri was only whistled for 10 the whole game. And there were plenty of terrible calls in Columbia that helped the Tigers out.

In all fairness, even I thought the foul calls at Mizzou arena last year were questionable. However, that remains the only time I can remember where there was an appreciable difference in fouls that leaned in Mizzou's favor, home or away. Part of that is talent- better talent forces poorer defensive play. But college basketball officiating absolutely has a built-in favor for the more marquee teams, and having referees assigned only to specific conferences (see: Pac12 officiating crew, UCLA v Mizzou 2012) only creates an opportunity for officials to protect and bolster the sacred cows within their conference.

CoMoChief 12-29-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9248049)
In all fairness, even I thought the foul calls at Mizzou arena last year were questionable. However, that remains the only time I can remember where there was an appreciable difference in fouls that leaned in Mizzou's favor, home or away. Part of that is talent- better talent forces poorer defensive play. But college basketball officiating absolutely has a built-in favor for the more marquee teams, and having referees assigned only to specific conferences (see: Pac12 officiating crew, UCLA v Mizzou 2012) only creates an opportunity for officials to protect and bolster the sacred cows within their conference.

That and MU for the last better part of the decade...never goes inside on Kansas because they know better. They've been a perimeter scoring team up until this season where they finally have some size down low. You get the ball inside and attack the basket, you're going to get to the line.