ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Shogun 05-20-2012 12:25 AM

I know that feel....

also screenshots

Print screen > documents > Diablo III > Screenshots

drunkie 05-20-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8627283)
I suggest a visit to the Diablo 3 website and checking out this item called Fiery Brimstone. Its required for the best items BS has to offer. Now... compare the items that need a Fiery Brimstone to the drops that salvage into a Fiery Brimstone.

you clearly have a total lack of understanding of this game.it takes a de of a brown. but most of the brown will be crap for you of no use. also brimstone can be gotten from yellow an blue items also just a far lesser chance. just like the matts they claim only fall from yellows can be gotten from blues at times. so as i said you don't have to salvage something better.

you seem to assume because it is brown that makes it better an that is just wrong. say your a mage an you get dh browns. they are not better are they. you can de. there also tons that just are not better. i suggest you look them up. so you can stop wasting my time having to teach you the game

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271598076
Bashiok
Community Manager
Edited by Bashiok on 5/19/12 2:45 PM (PDT)
Intended design is for an end-game characters to have a mixture of set/legendary, rare, and crafted items.

Legendary items are commonly not going to be the best items. It's a title that denotes a named item, with set stats, and a unique model. It does not mean they're the best items.

Completely random rares will be the best items in the game if they roll up the right stats.

drunkie 05-20-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8627249)
How the **** did you get to level 55 already?

it was easy on a dh. i was able to make myself weapons from my black smithing that really made things easy. i would of been 60 days ago but i been helping a friend level the last 3 days an get like no exp.i need him leveled so we can farm inferno together. what class are you? some classes seem to level easier then others.

jd1020 05-20-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8627571)
you clearly have a total lack of understanding of this game.it takes a de of a brown. but most of the brown will be crap for you of no use. also brimstone can be gotten from yellow an blue items also just a far lesser chance. just like the matts they claim only fall from yellows can be gotten from blues at times. so as i said you don't have to salvage something better.

you seem to assume because it is brown that makes it better an that is just wrong. say your a mage an you get dh browns. they are not better are they. you can de. there also tons that just are not better. i suggest you look them up. so you can stop wasting my time having to teach you the game

Maybe you could teach me what a brown is while trying to teach me how not worthless BS is when everything is inferior to drops?

jd1020 05-20-2012 02:39 AM

Post by a Blizzard rep on the forums...

"Completely random rares will be the best items in the game if they roll up the right stats"

Just another reason not to give a shit about BS.

Gravedigger 05-20-2012 03:23 AM

Just beat the final boss tonight on my Wizard, it was funny that it took me no time at all to burn through all the bosses before him and then when I get to him it takes me three times to get him. I don't think I was using the right combination until the end when I started throwing energy shield in there.

Trying Monk now, I played a DH till lvl 18 and I didnt like it. I've played a Wizard, Barb, and Monk to that level and they all seemed to be just pure badass and the DH, maybe I wasn't using the right skills, just wasn't powerful in my mind. I didnt like the fact that I couldnt kill many things before they got to me without having to caltop and vault away. With my Wizard I could burn things down, even without Disintegration Beam, before they even got close.

Looooooooved Act 3, I actually felt like I was the baddest mofo on the planet killing every demon in the battlefield without a sweat. I know it wont be that way on Nightmare, but I got archon a little before Azmodan, holy shit gg Azmodan, don't bother showing up next time. :)

Valiant 05-20-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8627601)
Post by a Blizzard rep on the forums...

"Completely random rares will be the best items in the game if they roll up the right stats"

Just another reason not to give a shit about BS.

Umm, dont you craft completely random rares also?? You do not get to pick the stats, they are random.. I assume it is the same with the legendaries..

jd1020 05-20-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8627933)
Umm, dont you craft completely random rares also?? You do not get to pick the stats, they are random.. I assume it is the same with the legendaries..

Legendaries are not completely random and they aren't even close to competing with rares.

Go on the AH and do a search for Legendary weapons and then do a search for Rares. Sort it in order of dps and see what you get.

You can sit there and salvage every magic/rare item you find and hope you roll something good, good luck on that one, or you could sell every shitty magic/rare you get and AH every half way decent magic/rare you get and then use that gold to buy a much better item that you wouldn't have crafted in 50 attempts on the AH.

The AH is a complete failure to this game. If it didn't exist the crafting might actually be worth it.

Bump 05-20-2012 02:00 PM

I have blacksmith up to level 8 and Jeweler up to the point where she needs books of secrets, which I haven't seen yet. lvl 55 Monk baby! in act 2 in hell

jd1020 05-20-2012 02:11 PM

I shouldnt say the AH alone is a failure. Its a good idea, but coupled with the loot system in place its a failure.

Frazod 05-20-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8628110)
I have blacksmith up to level 8 and Jeweler up to the point where she needs books of secrets, which I haven't seen yet. lvl 55 Monk baby! in act 2 in hell

Just started replaying my DH in hardcore, and I'm starting to pick up random pages. Not enough to advance either of them yet, though.

Mr. Laz 05-20-2012 03:48 PM

well ... Big D just kicked my ass in my first shot.

:(

i'll try again later

Frazod 05-20-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8628266)
well ... Big D just kicked my ass in my first shot.

:(

i'll try again later

Took me three times - very annoying that you have to restart from the very beginning each time. :grr:

Mr. Laz 05-20-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8628268)
Took me three times - very annoying that you have to restart from the very beginning each time. :grr:

It wasn't "HIM" that caused me the problems

Spoiler!

BryanBusby 05-20-2012 04:37 PM

Spoiler!