ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9391430)
...and let us continue that discussion till every Chief fan wants him in Red and Gold

Hear-hear! I dont think ive evar been this excited about a draft...or at least this hopeful...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 02-10-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9393014)
History shows that first round quarterbacks win Super Bowls. Well, here is one likely available for no draft picks. He would normally never be on the market, except he lost his job due to injury. This is the best shot any team has had in years to get a franchise quarterback for pennies on the dollar.

That's what you're getting with the new CBA and being able to pick the best QB available...

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:14 PM

i guess it IS possible to be a player with a useless true fan brain....
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:15 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9391867)
If it's not a QB, it doesn't matter. If they get some retread backup from another team to start, then Reid is just a fatter, burned out version of Marty.

cmon man! All you need is martyball..len dawson..and foghat jammin on the fox/dumbassed 90s-lovin true fan
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391977)
So, if Reid passes (pure speculation but its been proffered more than once lately), do you feel that makes him a "failure", as its been proclaimed by others?

it certanly takes him out of the "worth two ****s" category in life...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

History shows that first round quarterbacks win Super Bowls. Well, here is one likely available for no draft picks. He would normally never be on the market, except he lost his job due to injury. This is the best shot any team has had in years to get a franchise quarterback for pennies on the dollar.

go shove pennies up yor ass you ****ing coalition trolltard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 02-10-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

http://www.waterart.org/images/noodle%20dip2jpg.jpg
http://letmejustsayit.files.wordpres...oodle-arms.jpg

the Talking Can 02-11-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9389320)
Alex Smith is a good QB. Geno Smith may never be a good QB.

you're such a true fan pussy....

basically, you're the model for a true fan pussy...and you're not even a chiefs fan which is more pathetic by a factor of a 1000

RyFo18 02-11-2013 08:38 PM

As this whole draft process goes on I think Star Lotulelei will probably establish himself as the best prospect in the draft. And I won't minimize the impact he'd have as a 3-4 DE that can actually get at the passer. He would make things so much easier for Hali/Houston which in turn makes things so much easier for the secondary.

HotCarl 02-11-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9395091)
As this whole draft process goes on I think Star Lotulelei will probably establish himself as the best prospect in the draft. And I won't minimize the impact he'd have as a 3-4 DE that can actually get at the passer. He would make things so much easier for Hali/Houston which in turn makes things so much easier for the secondary.

Careful, the brain trust says Star ruined his draft stock because of the senior bowl. It hurts some players more than others I guess

RealSNR 02-11-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9395091)

Uhh what? Explain how Star Lotulelei would fit in a 1-gap scheme. He doesn't shoot for penetration. He collapses blocks. THat's what he does best. He wouldn't help our pass rush with shit.

RyFo18 02-11-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9395142)
Uhh what? Explain how Star Lotulelei would fit in a 1-gap scheme. He doesn't shoot for penetration. He collapses blocks. THat's what he does best. He wouldn't help our pass rush with shit.

From what I've seen, Star is very solid in taking up space. As far as a pass rusher, he needs some work on his pass rushing moves, but he has the ability to collapse the pocket with his strong bull rush. QBs won't be able to step up to avoid sacks from the outside rushers. When I look at Jackson/Dorsey, they're decent at holding blocks and taking up space, but they don't have the strength to push blockers backwards on a regular basis. Star can do that.

All told, I think he can develop into a player like Haloti Ngata.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

he is gong to get paid more than luck, Newton, and Griffin.

That's not Pennies on the dollar
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 02-11-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9395199)
From what I've seen, Star is very solid in taking up space. As far as a pass rusher, he needs some work on his pass rushing moves, but he has the ability to collapse the pocket with his strong bull rush. QBs won't be able to step up to avoid sacks from the outside rushers. When I look at Jackson/Dorsey, they're decent at holding blocks and taking up space, but they don't have the strength to push blockers backwards on a regular basis. Star can do that.

All told, I think he can develop into a player like Haloti Ngata.

Dude's sounding more Tyson Jacksony the more people talk about him.

THat's EXACTLY how people described Tyson Jackson coming into the pros.

I don't want players who "need to work on" the thing that we need them to do. Star will be no more effective than Glenn Dorsey on this defensive line.

**** him.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9395120)
Careful, the brain trust says Star ruined his draft stock because of the senior bowl. It hurts some players more than others I guess

It's called sarcasm
Posted via Mobile Device

RyFo18 02-11-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9395217)

I don't want players who "need to work on" the thing that we need them to do. Star will be no more effective than Glenn Dorsey on this defensive line.

**** him.

Fair enough. I've watched about 6 games of him and I'm way more enamored from him than I ever was Tyson Jackson. One man's opinion. Just saying what I think ends up happening. But I don't have anymore a clue as to who the new regime will pick than anyone else on this board.

RealSNR 02-11-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9395261)
Fair enough. I've watched about 6 games of him and I'm way more enamored from him than I ever was Tyson Jackson. One man's opinion. Just saying what I think ends up happening. But I don't have anymore a clue as to who the new regime will pick than anyone else on this board.

I'm not directing my anger at you. I'm directing my anger at Star for resembling the kind of defensive linemen the Chiefs draft and then wonder why QBs have an entirely clean pocket when we don't send blitzers

RyFo18 02-11-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9395293)
I'm not directing my anger at you. I'm directing my anger at Star for resembling the kind of defensive linemen the Chiefs draft and then wonder why QBs have an entirely clean pocket when we don't send blitzers

Ha, I can totally understand that.

KC native 02-11-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9395217)

**** him.

This. He isn't a pass rusher. I pissed off a friend on facebook when I told him he was stupid for wanting Tyson Jackson part 2.

milkman 02-11-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9392970)
Yeah, you don't think Tim Tebow was a great college QB and I'm the guy who doesn't have a clue. Brilliant.

You illustrate your sheer stupidity with each post.

B14ckmon 02-11-2013 10:26 PM

Mr. Lotulelei will be playing in Jacksonville next year. So might as well remove him from the poll.

milkman 02-11-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9395638)
Mr. Lotulelei will be playing in Jacksonville next year. So might as well remove him from the poll.

You can have him.

KCrockaholic 02-11-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9395638)

Let us know how your franchise DT works out for the success of your team.

Crush 02-12-2013 04:37 PM

Other

Bullet to the brain.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9395223)
It's called sarcasm
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a subtle art.

Are you surprised he didn't get it?

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9392063)
Let's be real for a second. Jimmy Clausen was a spoon fed weiner with an overall lack of skills for the position at the next level. Arm strength was middling at best, zero mobility, a lack of pocket presence, etc. There was no way that this guy was going to be a good pro and the only reason that people got worked up around here about it was the Weis was the OC and people thought he would be an easier transition because he knew the system.

There is no way that Clausen is even close to Geno in terms of being an NFL prospect. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE.

Geno is legit, and most drafniks have had him going to the Chiefs at #1. Other than Kiper and McShay. So, I guess it comes down to who you find plausible in terms of player draft analysis - the two draftnik helmetheads at ESPN or just about everybody else on the planet.

Riiiight.

Okung.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9392486)
Dude, I think I'm just going to have to leave these posts alone until the draft is over. I really do think you're grossly misrepresenting what people believe about Geno Smith on this board.

Geno Smith MIGHT be a Super Bowl QB. He has the potential. And if he goes to KC, he'll have the coaching staff to put him in that position. He's not a savior, but lots of people like him and want him to be a Chief. You don't have to label it as a religious fervor. In fact, you SHOULDN'T. Because that's not what's going on. At all.

Alex Smith will NOT be a Super Bowl QB. Ever. Barring, of course, a Trent Dilfer-like experience, which I'm not anticipating to happen in the NFL ever again.

That's why so many people are positive on Geno and negative on Alex Smith.

If Andy drafts Geno Smith, and Geno busts, Andy is not a failure. If Andy punts on this QB issue in year one by trading for Alex Smith/Matt Flynn/Nick Foles, then yes, he absolutely IS a failure. Right out of the gate. No questions asked.

http://mellinger.kansascity.com/entr...happelle-show/

@TheJeffReport convince me that the Chiefs not drafting a QB number one overall is the smart thing to do #TwitterTuesday
The inconvenient truth is that the Chiefs stunk one year too late. The NFL personnel community is unanimous that there is no sure franchise quarterback in this draft, and drafting a guy first overall won’t change that.

I’ve been pretty consistent on this: the Chiefs NEED to upgrade at quarterback during the offseason, but I don’t care how they do it. If they decide their own needs plus a particular quarterback’s ability is worth the first pick, then cool. But if they decide they can get a worthy quarterback later in the draft, or through a trade, then they should do that.

But taking a guy first overall won’t make him Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning or even Eli Manning. It might just mean they spent the highest NFL pick in franchise history on a guy they could’ve had in the second round.

-------------------------

I'm sorry but I'm not just reading this shit from "National Guys" or whatnot.

At this point, there is no consensus.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9392489)
Draft a QB or be fired....

LMAO

Says the guy that knows ****ing **** about football.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2013 11:27 PM

SAM MELLINGER YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN STUPID BEFORE WE FIX YOUR BRAIN, MAN

Hammock Parties 02-12-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398707)

So you don't care that two of NFL Network's guys had Geno going #1 and a third on their website also had him going #1.

Coolstorybro

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392469)
No, we see a talented QB with a lot of potential, and what should be easily fixed mechanical issues.

We also see an opportunity to take the best QB in his class, and understand there's some risk involved, but the potential reward is greater than the risk in this new CBA era.

That doesn't mean that he's worthy of #1 overall.

Being the best player in a draft doesn't necessarily equal success. I'm not stating that Smith won't have success, but this Do or Die mentality is quite frankly, ****ing stupid.

If the Chiefs select Smith, great! If they pass on him, great! Andy Reid is in a better position than anyone on Chiefsplanet (and just maybe, Planet Earth) to determine the best QB for the Kansas City Chiefs.

I'm not singling YOU out but this ****ing bullshit about him being a better prospect than Manning, Rivers, Rothlisberger, etc. and so on is not only a bunch of ****ing fan bullshit, it's a ****ing TURNOFF.

How many thousands of posts do we need to read about ****ing "Geno" before the Combines and draft?

It's really become sickening.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398719)
So you don't care that two of NFL Network's guys had Geno going #1 and a third on their website also had him going #1.

Coolstorybro

I don't give a flying ****

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398717)
SAM MELLINGER YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN STUPID BEFORE WE FIX YOUR BRAIN, MAN

It's about general perception.

Aaron Curry is the greatest linebacker ever and he can be taught to rush the passer!

LMAO

the Talking Can 02-12-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398722)
That doesn't mean that he's worthy of #1 overall.

Being the best player in a draft doesn't necessarily equal success. I'm not stating that Smith won't have success, but this Do or Die mentality is quite frankly, ****ing stupid.

If the Chiefs select Smith, great! If they pass on him, great! Andy Reid is in a better position than anyone on Chiefsplanet (and just maybe, Planet Earth) to determine the best QB for the Kansas City Chiefs.

I'm not singling YOU out but this ****ing bullshit about him being a better prospect than Manning, Rivers, Rothlisberger, etc. and so on is not only a bunch of ****ing fan bullshit, it's a ****ing TURNOFF.

How many thousands of posts do we need to read about ****ing "Geno" before the Combines and draft?

It's really become sickening.

nah, what's sickening is reading this same stupid shit for 30 years...

it's pathetic that a Chiefs fan would even type it

Hammock Parties 02-12-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398722)
I'm not singling YOU out but this ****ing bullshit about him being a better prospect than Manning, Rivers, Rothlisberger

Literally not ONE PERSON has said this.

RealSNR 02-12-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398707)
http://mellinger.kansascity.com/entr...happelle-show/

@TheJeffReport convince me that the Chiefs not drafting a QB number one overall is the smart thing to do #TwitterTuesday
The inconvenient truth is that the Chiefs stunk one year too late. The NFL personnel community is unanimous that there is no sure franchise quarterback in this draft, and drafting a guy first overall won’t change that.

I’ve been pretty consistent on this: the Chiefs NEED to upgrade at quarterback during the offseason, but I don’t care how they do it. If they decide their own needs plus a particular quarterback’s ability is worth the first pick, then cool. But if they decide they can get a worthy quarterback later in the draft, or through a trade, then they should do that.

But taking a guy first overall won’t make him Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning or even Eli Manning. It might just mean they spent the highest NFL pick in franchise history on a guy they could’ve had in the second round.

-------------------------

At this point, there is no consensus.

Mellinger says this:

Quote:

But taking a guy first overall won’t make him Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning or even Eli Manning. It might just mean they spent the highest [B]NFL pick in franchise history on a guy they could’ve had in the second round.
He's getting the argument completely wrong. Andrew Luck and the Manning brothers aren't the standard. They're the exception.

Cam Newton had WAAAY more problems than Geno Smith coming out of college. Sam Bradford was (and still is) a broke dick who comes from a shitty QB school. Matt Stafford had the knock of being too reckless and throwing too many picks. He apparently still has that problem.

#1 overall doesn't mean you're a flawless prospect. It means you're the player that can most change a team's fortunes.

And that's Geno. Mellinger is a reerun if he doesn't think Geno is on the scale or better than the #1 overall guys I mentioned above.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398745)
Literally not ONE PERSON has said this.

LMAO

Sac?

Hello?

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9398748)
And that's Geno. Mellinger is a reerun if he doesn't think Geno is on the scale or better than the #1 overall guys I mentioned above.

I know.

But just the other day, earlier in this thread, I mentioned that many people feel like Smith is a 2nd round talent in any other draft, and was met with "Those are internet idiots" or "Yeah, but NOW, it's different".

Anyway, I thought it was somewhat pertinent to the discussion to post Smellinger's viewpoint.

Not an indictment.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398757)
LMAO

Sac?

Hello?

I haven't seen him say it.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9398733)
nah, what's sickening is reading this same stupid shit for 30 years...

it's pathetic that a Chiefs fan would even type it

I know - I'm with you.

I WANT the Chiefs to draft a QB in the first round and I WANT him to succeed.

But I'm not going to concede that Reid is a failure, an idiot, afraid, etc. if that doesn't happen. And the only reason I've even linked these stories is because there is some doubt as to whether the Chiefs WILL take a QB in the first round.

****, I pushed for Ryan. I pushed hard for Sanchez. I wasn't here last year but I would have given up every pick in 2012 for RGIII. I am in no way, shape or form against taking a QB at 1.1. None, zip, zero.

But, the perception is that no QB is WORTH taking at 1.1.

Personally, I find this to be very, very interesting.

RealSNR 02-12-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398760)
I know.

But just the other day, earlier in this thread, I mentioned that many people feel like Smith is a 2nd round talent in any other draft, and was met with "Those are internet idiots" or "Yeah, but NOW, it's different".

Anyway, I thought it was somewhat pertinent to the discussion to post Smellinger's viewpoint.

Not an indictment.

Geno wouldn't be a 2nd round talent in 2012, which was considered to be the gold standard of QB classes.

At least I don't think he would be. I mean... Tannehill and Weeden over Geno? Please. That's far-fetched.

Statements like "Geno is a 2nd round talent in any other year" are just hater bullshit. It's a stretch to say that just as much as it's a stretch to say he's flawless.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398767)
I haven't seen him say it.

Search him in this thread. He said he'd take Smith over ANY QB this CENTURY other than Luck.

I mean, come on. Really?

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9398772)
Statements like "Geno is a 2nd round talent in any other year" are just hater bullshit. It's a stretch to say that just as much as it's a stretch to say he's flawless.

I think it's interesting.

Interesting, because the word on the street is that none of these QB's are truly "First round talent". Interesting, that "No QB is worth 1.1", etc.

The Chiefs can take whomever they wish at 1.1, so I don't think they're pushing this propaganda.

So it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398781)
Interesting, because the word on the street is that none of these QB's are truly "First round talent". Interesting, that "No QB is worth 1.1", etc.

Apparently you haven't been to NFL Network street, because they have him going #1.

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398783)
Apparently you haven't been to NFL Network street, because they have him going #1.

Why do they have him going #1? Why do you care?

I don't give a shit what the NFL Network thinks because their job is to be "right". Mayock was Aaron Curry's biggest fan and he was "right" but Curry sucked ass. I told everyone that would listen that he would suck but after he was chosen, it was irrelevant.

As I've said all along, the Combines will give all NFL fans a better idea of where players will be drafted. Smith will participate in all of the drills, so the picture should be much clearer after they're complete.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398789)
Why do they have him going #1? Why do you care?

Just trying to refute your statement that "WORD ON THE STREET IS ALL THE QBS SUCK HERP DERP."

People have been mocking Geno in the top 10 for months and the number of people doing it is now rising.

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398793)
Just trying to refute your statement that "WORD ON THE STREET IS ALL THE QBS SUCK HERP DERP."

People have been mocking Geno in the top 10 for months and the number of people doing it is now rising.

Who gives a flying ****?

There are 250 "Mock Drafts" on the internet done by guys that can barely brush their ****ing teeth.

Are you stating that these ****ing morons scout players in person 365 days a year? That they have access to their families? They have access to their psych tests? IQ? Football IQ?

It's ****ing bullshit. Actually, it's just ****ing fun, yet a money-maker for anyone who starts a website.

Why give those ****ing morons any accreditation for their 500 changes at the top each season?

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398806)
Who gives a flying ****?

There are 250 "Mock Drafts" on the internet done by guys that can barely brush their ****ing teeth.

Are you stating that these ****ing morons (Walter included) scout players in person 365 days a year?

OK, so NFL Network anchors are now misinformed morons? Daniel Jeremiah, who was a scout for the Eagles, Browns, and Ravens is just a doofus? LMAO

FYI one of the idiots on the internet, Shawn Zobel, is parroting the "no QB is worth 1.1" bullshit. But he's right, I guess?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398771)
I know - I'm with you.

I WANT the Chiefs to draft a QB in the first round and I WANT him to succeed.

But I'm not going to concede that Reid is a failure, an idiot, afraid, etc. if that doesn't happen. And the only reason I've even linked these stories is because there is some doubt as to whether the Chiefs WILL take a QB in the first round.

****, I pushed for Ryan. I pushed hard for Sanchez. I wasn't here last year but I would have given up every pick in 2012 for RGIII. I am in no way, shape or form against taking a QB at 1.1. None, zip, zero.

But, the perception is that no QB is WORTH taking at 1.1.

Personally, I find this to be very, very interesting.

And i find that perception to be a bunch of smoke and mirrors bullshit. Who gives a **** about the 2012 draft???? its over. dead and gone. Time to move on and realize that there is valid talent at QB for 1.1 It is.....what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398809)
OK, so NFL Network anchors are now misinformed morons? Daniel Jeremiah, who was a scout for the Eagles, Browns, and Ravens is just a doofus? LMAO

FYI one of the idiots on the internet, Shawn Zobel, is parroting the "no QB is worth 1.1" bullshit. But he's right, I guess?

Yes, Daniel Jeremiah is a moron. Back in 2009, Mecca pointed out that he was a ****ing moron and the guy hasn't been employed by an NFL team in how many years?

A talking head doesn't equal informed NFL decision maker.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398813)
Yes, Daniel Jeremiah is a moron. Back in 2009, Mecca pointed out that he was a ****ing moron and the guy hasn't been employed by an NFL team in how many years?

A talking head doesn't equal informed NFL decision maker.

LMAO

He's one of the 100 most essential people to follow on twitter.

I'm sure Shawn Zobel knows more, though.

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9398812)
And i find that perception to be a bunch of smoke and mirrors bullshit. Who gives a **** about the 2012 draft???? its over. dead and gone. Time to move on and realize that there is valid talent at QB for 1.1 It is.....what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why would a team that's chosing #1 overall need "smoke and mirrors"?

Also, WHY should ANY team consciously and deliberately avoid making comparisons to the previous draft?

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398814)
LMAO

He's one of the 100 most essential people to follow on twitter.

I'm sure Shawn Zobel knows more, though.

Riiight.

Who is Zobel?

LMAO

Yeah, he's right up there with the Onion.

:facepalm:

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398818)
Riiight.

Who is Zobel?

A 21 year old douche who thinks he knows a lot about football.

Congrats on sharing his opinion.

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398821)
A 21 year old douche who thinks he knows a lot about football.

Congrats on sharing his opinion.

**** you, you stupid ****ing dumbass.

I don't share ANYONE'S opinion, you ****ing gutter rat.

The point is that not everyone believes that Smith is the consensus number one choice, nor is he worthy of that in any other year.

You ****ing dickless scumbag.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-13-2013 12:21 AM

Daniel Jeremiah is a moron, but Geno Smith is worth the #1 pick.

RealSNR 02-13-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398781)
I think it's interesting.

The Chiefs can take whomever they wish at 1.1, so I don't think they're pushing this propaganda.

So it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Absolutely. When it comes down to it, the Chiefs are the Chiefs. They're not the 0-16 Detroit Lions or the 1-15 Rams. They're the Chiefs, with a (presumably) re-signed Brandon Albert and two pretty solid pass rushers.

It's their pick to use. Mel's big board can go **** itself.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398827)
The point is that not everyone believes that Smith is the consensus number one choice, nor is he worthy of that in any other year.

And some people DO believe he's worth the #1.

You don't seem to care about that, though.

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9398832)
And some people DO believe he's worth the #1.

You don't seem to care about that, though.

You're right: I don't.

You know why? Because I've learned over the years that no matter what you think or Mecca believes or Hamas or myself, NONE of us have control over their pick. And personally, I'm OVER harassing and attempting to humiliate others with a different opinion, especially PRE-DRAFT.

Now, if you or anyone else wants to voice their opinion POST-DRAFT, I get it.

But for ****'s Sake, we're 10 weeks away and the Combine doesn't begin for another 10+ days. So all this huffing and puffing about guys that haven't done ****ing DICK is annoying.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 12:45 AM

Players who are a year off the board have exactly WHAT bearing on April 2013?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 02-13-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9398828)
Daniel Jeremiah is a moron, but Geno Smith is worth the #1 pick.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me...djjno1_400.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 12:50 AM

Ive hated this wretched thread since its inception, and today's postings have done exactly jack AND shit in changing my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 02-13-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398846)
You're right: I don't.

You know why? Because I've learned over the years that no matter what you think or Mecca believes or Hamas or myself, NONE of us have control over their pick. And personally, I'm OVER harassing and attempting to humiliate others with a different opinion, especially PRE-DRAFT.

Now, if you or anyone else wants to voice their opinion POST-DRAFT, I get it.

But for ****'s Sake, we're 10 weeks away and the Combine doesn't begin for another 10+ days. So all this huffing and puffing about guys that haven't done ****ing DICK is annoying.

Dude, we have the #1 overall pick.

It's an unprecedented opportunity to do what this franchise has NEEDED TO DO FOR THIRTY YEARS.

You picked the wrong time to suddenly be all "rational".

milkman 02-13-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398775)
Search him in this thread. He said he'd take Smith over ANY QB this CENTURY other than Luck.

I mean, come on. Really?

There's a lot to like about Geno, and I can almost understand sac's take.

The big problem here is that everyone is measuring this class against last year.

There are only a handful of QBs in the last 10 or 12 years that I like better than Geno as prospects.

And because of durability concerns, and because I do believe that Geno is more polished passer at this stage, I do like Geno better than RGIII.

That said, Geno would have been the 3rd QB off the board last year.

If he would have been taken 8th last year, then heis absolutely worth #1 this year.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-13-2013 08:44 AM

Exactly. He's certainly a better prospect than Tannehil, Locker, Gabbert, and others taken early in drafts.

How the hell does that make him a 2nd every other year? I don't get it. The "no Luck" hyperbole is an absolute ****ing joke. Seriously, NONE of the other guys taken were "Luck". Flacco wasn't Luck. Ryan wasn't Luck. Dalton wasn't Luck...and on and on and on.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 08:58 AM

How many QB prospects since 2000 actually WERE better than Geno, outside of Luck?

Let's throw in RG3 and Stafford.

Geno is a better prospect than Matt Ryan. He's a better prospect than Mark Sanchez.
He's a better prospect than Sam Bradford.

Upon further examination, the idea that Geno is better prospect than any other QB this century not named Luck isn't all that far-fetched.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-13-2013 09:01 AM

Not many had the accuracy, deep ball, work ethic AND experience. That's for sure. He passes all the criteria that successful QB's generally had.

RealSNR 02-13-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399116)
How many QB prospects since 2000 actually WERE better than Geno, outside of Luck?

Let's throw in RG3 and Stafford.

Geno is a better prospect than Matt Ryan. He's a better prospect than Mark Sanchez.
He's a better prospect than Sam Bradford.

Upon further examination, the idea that Geno is better prospect than any other QB this century not named Luck isn't all that far-fetched.

Don't forget Cam Newton.

One year of starting experience in college.
Gimmick playbook.
Awkward delivery, only adequate accuracy

These so-called draft experts from ESPN are acting like Cam was this QB that all teams should want to draft at #1 overall if they had the opportunity, but it wasn't like that at all. The Panthers were doing what a lot of teams said they shouldn't by picking Cam. Thankfully, the Panthers took him anyway, and appear to have been right. The Chiefs owe a lot to the Panthers and Redskins for making bold moves and being right when it comes to the draft's top QBs.

And the ESPN tards have the nerve to say GENO SMITH isn't worth the #1? No, not even that. He's not worth a FIRST ROUND PICK.

That is the kind of logic that drives me ****ing batty, and a reason why I get so heated up when I see it in mock drafts. I don't care if it's some douchebag with a blog in his mom's basement. It's flat-out ****ing wrong, and it needs to stop.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9399152)
Don't forget Cam Newton.

One year of starting experience in college.
Gimmick playbook.
Awkward delivery, only adequate accuracy

These so-called draft experts from ESPN are acting like Cam was this QB that all teams should want to draft at #1 overall if they had the opportunity, but it wasn't like that at all. The Panthers were doing what a lot of teams said they shouldn't by picking Cam. Thankfully, the Panthers took him anyway, and appear to have been right. The Chiefs owe a lot to the Panthers and Redskins for making bold moves and being right when it comes to the draft's top QBs.

And the ESPN tards have the nerve to say GENO SMITH isn't worth the #1? No, not even that. He's not worth a FIRST ROUND PICK.

That is the kind of logic that drives me ****ing batty, and a reason why I get so heated up when I see it in mock drafts. I don't care if it's some douchebag with a blog in his mom's basement. It's flat-out ****ing wrong, and it needs to stop.

I didn't mention Cam Newton because for me, it's not debatable.

Geno absolutely is a better prospect than Cam Newton.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399116)
Geno is a better prospect than Matt Ryan.

I think this is highly debatable simply based on level of competition and the systems they played in.

It's not hard to separate Geno from guys like Sanchez. It gets muddled when you bring guys like Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler into it. Maybe if he had played in a pro-style, under-center offense his whole college career you could elevate him. But he didn't, so...you know.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9399170)
I think this is highly debatable simply based on level of competition and the systems they played in.

It's not hard to separate Geno from guys like Sanchez. It gets muddled when you bring guys like Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler into it. Maybe if he had played in a pro-style, under-center offense his whole college career you could elevate him. But he didn't, so...you know.

I said when Matt Ryan came out he was a glorified game manager and guess what? 5 years in and he's EXACTLY THAT.

Geno is a FAR superior prospect to Ryan. Whether or not he becomes a better NFL QB remains to be seen but he better be because Ryan is completely MEH.

And I'm not talking about Jay Cutler. He's a loser.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399178)
I said when Matt Ryan came out he was a glorified game manager and guess what? 5 years in and he's EXACTLY THAT.

Who set franchise passing records?

If Geno is as good as Matt Ryan I will be his biggest fan, because I love Matt Ryan.

But at this point you really can't say for sure that Geno can make the transition to playing under center full time. There are lots of similar prospects who couldn't do it.

I place Geno between Blaine Gabbert and Matt Ryan as a prospect. That's all I'm willing to do. That's more than enough for him to go #1 this year, so who cares?

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9399181)
Who set franchise passing records?

If Geno is as good as Matt Ryan I will be his biggest fan, because I love Matt Ryan.

Who has one of the deepest receiving corps in recent NFL history and a top 10 running game for almost all of his career?

The dude might as well be Chris Chandler.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

But at this point you really can't say for sure that Geno can make the transition to playing under center full time. There are lots of similar prospects who couldn't do it.

That's why he's still a PROSPECT.

Quote:

I place Geno between Blaine Gabbert and Matt Ryan as a prospect. That's all I'm willing to do. That's more than enough for him to go #1 this year, so who cares?

Blaine Gabbert?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 09:33 AM

He's significantly better as a prospect than Gabbert, and it's not close.

But when you enter the Matt Ryan territory there's too much gray area to say beyond a shadow of a doubt he's better.

IMO, if you do that you're entering the homer territory Dane is harping on about.

RealSNR 02-13-2013 09:34 AM

Matt Ryan and Geno Smith are entirely different QBs with different backgrounds and different strengths.

Matt Ryan had all the squeaky clean white boy QB shit going for him that draft guys love. He just threw a ton of picks in college. A LOT.

Geno Smith had 6 INTs the whole year and like what, only two fumbles? Three?

In terms of a guy with the arm who can also take care of the ball, Geno Smith is a far better prospect coming out of college than Matt Ryan.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9399203)
IMO, if you do that you're entering the homer territory Dane is harping on about.

Except that I've been 100% consistent about my feelings on Matt Ryan since his college days.

My feelings on this subject have FAR more to do with how I rate Ryan, NOT how I rate Geno.

There's nothing "homer" about it.

Frankie 02-13-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9399170)

It's not hard to separate Geno from guys like Sanchez. It gets muddled when you bring guys like Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler into it.

Actually Cutler ceiling is what Geno seems to have. Nobody questions his passing talent, but we don't know shit about his head. He does strike me as possessing a Cutler type of head. Until that's shown to be wrong, I'll worry about picking him at the top of the draft.

Like many of us are saying, let the combine unfold before you tear each other up about Geno Smith.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 10:37 AM

i believe we know plenty about his head. The man is wicked-gifted and a firece competitor.
Posted via Mobile Device