ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV ‘X-Men: First Class’ Sequel Titled ‘Days of Future Past’? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261805)

-King- 01-24-2015 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11288282)
Having Cyclops back made me think of this: http://doctordisaster.tumblr.com/pos...r-an-interview

LMAO

LMAO

Rausch 01-24-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11289299)
Thats what I thought they did with First class.

No.

Havok is the (much more interesting and enjoyable) brother of Cyclops.

Blink isn't born for 40 more years.

I could go on but the point is they just pick and choose characters they like with no regard for how it all fits...

Deberg_1990 01-24-2015 12:57 PM

Just watched this flick finally. Pretty good

Nice course correction and basically a big middle finger to XMen 3

Brock 01-24-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11288442)
Why do they have to keep ****ing up the timeline and characters?

Why not have an XMEN reboot be the original XMen?

Have you read the comic? They do this multiple timeline shit all the time.

Bowser 01-24-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11289896)
Have you read the comic? They do this multiple timeline shit all the time.

Yep. Marvel and DC both are setting up to do it again this year with Marvel's Secret Wars and DC's Convergence story lines.

Gravedigger 01-24-2015 02:47 PM

I like that they're redoing it like this. I don't know alot about the actors, but they better make Cyclops look like a badass this time around instead of a pussy. Even though they reset the timeline, killing him and Professor X off in The Last Stand will always leave a shit taste in my mouth.

Bowser 01-24-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11290081)
I like that they're redoing it like this. I don't know alot about the actors, but they better make Cyclops look like a badass this time around instead of a pussy. Even though they reset the timeline, killing him and Professor X off in The Last Stand will always leave a shit taste in my mouth.

That, and how they just completely shit all over the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix story lines.

Valiant 01-24-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11290081)

I said they should of just went the route that all that shit was in jeans head, she survived the water collapse and was in a coma, and the phoenix was trying to get out..

Still say Xavier is worlds greatest villain.. Just nobody knows it..

Gravedigger 01-24-2015 08:19 PM

It'll be cool to see how they explore the Phoenix in this one trying to get out. I think if they left it out its be a huge disservice.

Silock 01-25-2015 02:44 AM

I probably should post this in the podcast thread, but all X-Men fans should listen to "Rachel and Miles Explain the X-Men."

****ing great podcast explaining all the intricacies of the X-Men storylines. It's really, really good. Hosts are entertaining and their commentary on the storylines is priceless. And informative.

The Franchise 02-18-2015 11:49 AM

Since there isn't a ****ing search function anymore.....I can't find the X-Men Apocalypse thread that keg started.

So I'll just put this here.

http://www.slashfilm.com/nightcrawler-x-men-apocalypse/

Nightcrawler is joining X-Men: Apocalypse and this time, he’s a bit younger. Director Bryan Singer announced Tuesday that Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Road, Let Me In) has been cast in the film as the agile mutant. He was previously seen in X2: X-Men United as played by Alan Cumming. Read more about Nightcrawler being in X-Men Apocalypse below.

So Smit-McPhee joins a growing cast to the Summer 2016 film which already has added Sophie Turner (Game of Thrones) as Jean Grey, Tye Sheridan (Tree of Life) as Cyclops and Alexandra Shipp (Drumline: A New Beat) as Storm. Rose Byrne is also returning.

In the comics Nightcrawler is a complex guy — in fact he’s often the beating heart, and sometimes the moral center, of the X-Men. He’s even been a father figure to some younger mutants, helping out the very same newcomers to Xavier’s school who are initially put off by his appearance. He’s the group’s swashbuckling elf, a guy who isn’t really at home in the modern world. We saw only shades of that in the previous film version of the character, and hopefully Kodi Smit-McPhee will be able to find more of that character.

Here’s a recap of the film from a previous article:

X-Men: Apocalypse will be set in the 1980s. Turner, Sheridan, and Shipp are playing the younger versions of the superheroes played by Famke Janssen, James Marsden, and Halle Berry in the original X-Men trilogy. They join fellow franchise newcomer Oscar Isaac, who’s playing the titular villain Apocalypse. In addition, Channing Tatum is rumored, but not yet confirmed, to make his debut as Gambit.

The film also brings back the core cast from X-Men: First Class: James McAvoy as Professor X, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, Nicholas Hoult as Beast. Hugh Jackman is in talks to return as Wolverine.

X-Men: Apocalypse promises to close out the First Class trilogy with “mass destruction.” The character of Apocalypse is an “ancient” mutant born thousands of years ago. The storyline will also prominently feature Mystique and her relationships with Beast and Magneto. Simon Kinberg wrote the script based on a story by himself, Singer, Michael Dougherty, and Dan Harris.

X-Men: Apocalypse starts shooting this spring in Canada. It opens May 27, 2016.

Frosty 02-18-2015 03:16 PM

Nightcrawler was my favorite X-Man when I was reading the comics. I didn't like the way he was portrayed in X2 so I hope they get it right this time.

ThaVirus 02-18-2015 03:37 PM

He's always been one of my favorites as well. I think teleportation is the coolest mutation..

I actually loved him in X2. That opening sequence was amazing at the time.

The Franchise 02-18-2015 04:27 PM

My favorite was always Gambit. And now they're going to **** that up by giving the role to Channing Tatum.

Bowser 02-18-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11334441)
My favorite was always Gambit. And now they're going to **** that up by giving the role to Channing Tatum.

What could possibly go wrong?

http://www.thefablife.com/files/2013...ning-tatum.gif

The Franchise 03-24-2015 02:14 PM

Jennifer Lawrence says 'X-Men: Apocalypse' will be her last film in the franchise.

The 24-year-old actress, who's starred as Raven/Mystique in the Marvel films, has revealed 'X-Men: Apocalypse' will mark the final time she appears in the role.

Speaking at the premiere of her latest film 'Serena', Jennifer was asked about the upcoming 'X-Men' movie, to which she told MTV News: ''It is my last one, actually.''

By contrast, Jennifer's ex-boyfriend and 'X-Men' co-star Nicholas Hoult recently revealed he'd like to continue with the franchise, even though he's only committed to one more movie.

He said: ''This is the last one I'm signed up for.

''The first one did so well and [X-Men: Days of Future Past] got received so brilliantly. I have a good time playing [Beast] so I'd keep making them.''

Meanwhile, Jennifer's 'Serena' co-star Bradley Cooper recently confessed she made fun of him during her sex scenes for their new movie.

The pair have previously worked on 'American Hustle' and 'Silver Linings Playbook', but that didn't curb the awkwardness, according to the Hollywood star.

He shared: ''You never know how it's going to be. But for us, we laughed most of the time.''

And then Jennifer quipped: ''I pointed and laughed.''

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/...id=mailsignout

Frosty 03-24-2015 02:44 PM

Guess it's a good thing Mystique is a shape shifter. Pretty much anyone could play her.

Tribal Warfare 03-24-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11401432)
Guess it's a good thing Mystique is a shape shifter. Pretty much anyone could play her.

Yep any attractive bitch who's 5'8" or over.

Fire Me Boy! 03-26-2015 08:23 AM

Sophie Turner as Jean Grey? I like it.

Munson 04-14-2015 08:07 AM

Olivia Munn will appear as Psylocke in "X-Men: Apocalypse." :thumb:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/x-...st-1201471471/

Quote:

Olivia Munn Joins ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast as Psylocke

Alex Stedman
News Editor, Variety.com
@a_sted

Olivia Munn has joined the cast of “X-Men: Apocalypse,” signing on as Betsy Braddock, aka Psylocke.

Director Bryan Singer posted the news on Instagram on Monday.

Psylocke made her first appearance in the comicbooks in 1976, but hasn’t had a large presence in the films. The mutant’s only movie appearance was in 2006’s “X-Men: The Last Stand,” where she served as one of the minor villains following Magneto and was played by Mei Melançon. Psylocke’s powers have been altered a few times, but they include telepathy and telekinesis.

Munn joins previously announced newcomer Lana Condor, who’s playing Jubilee, as well as returning stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and Rose Byrne. Oscar Isaac and Kodi Smit-McPhee are also set to join the franchise.

Munn recently starred alongside Johnny Depp in “Mortdecai,” as well as last year’s “Deliver Us From Evil.” She’s currently filming “Ride Along 2,” starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, which will bow early next year.

Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, who played Magneto and Professor X, respectively, will not be returning for the next installment. “Apocalypse” will be Jennifer Lawrence’s last appearance as Mystique, she recently confirmed.

Singer is directing the film from a script by Simon Kinberg, Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty.

“X-Men: Apocalypse” is set to bow on May 27, 2016.

kysirsoze 04-14-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 11435828)
Olivia Munn will appear as Psylocke in "X-Men: Apocalypse." :thumb:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/x-...st-1201471471/

Not sure about her acting, but they nailed it from a hotness perspective.

Rausch 04-14-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 11435930)

Absolutely.

And I was a big fan of the original Psylocke character.

Her decision to "save" the X-Men led to the X men reboot and one of the coolest Wolverine stories out there.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-up-the-x-men/

007 07-23-2015 04:34 AM

Rogue Cut is out with 17 additional minutes.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ast-rogue-cut/

Silock 07-23-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 11435930)

Uh, she can definitely act. She was one of the highlights of The Newsroom, which included some pretty damn good actors. She was an absolute standout.

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 02:20 PM

Did anyone see the Apocalypse pics that were making their rounds? If that design makes it to the final cut I'll slit someone's throat.

thabear04 07-30-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11627943)
Did anyone see the Apocalypse pics that were making their rounds? If that design makes it to the final cut I'll slit someone's throat.

http://www.agentsofguard.com/wp-cont...Apocalypse.jpg

Fish 07-30-2015 02:43 PM

This?

http://i62.tinypic.com/2hhd9af.jpg

ToxSocks 07-30-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11627981)

He looks like a damn supervillain from a Power Rangers movie.

thabear04 07-30-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11627987)
He looks like a damn supervillain from a Power Rangers movie.

Dr. Ooze

ToxSocks 07-30-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11627963)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11627989)
Dr. Ooze

Hahahah.

Apparently i'm not the only one who thinks so....

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

I love how random 5'6" henchwoman is taller than him. Apocalypse should be like 7 feet tall. I mean, he can change his size at will but his base size should be pretty huge.

Fish 07-30-2015 02:54 PM

Yeah, but that scowl. LMAO...

Doesn't exactly exude "Most powerful being in the galaxy" does it?

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 03:02 PM

He looks like someone just told him some horrible news

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 03:03 PM

Olivia Munn's crotchular region leaves a lot to be desired. It looks like she slapped on her grandmother's favorite pair of panties.

The Franchise 07-30-2015 03:05 PM

He looks ****ing stupid.

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 03:12 PM

They just need to scrap everything above the neck. The costume and musculature aren't too bad. They definitely need to make him bigger, 6'6" at the very least, and maybe a little less purple, more blue.

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 03:13 PM

‘X-Men: First Class’ Sequel Titled ‘Days of Future Past’?

And get rid of that neck roll. I'm having flashbacks of early 2000s Mike Alstott. Is dude a ****ing linebacker or a celestial technology-amped mutant hellbent on taking over the world?

ToxSocks 07-30-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11628014)
Olivia Munn's crotchular region leaves a lot to be desired. It looks like she slapped on her grandmother's favorite pair of panties.

Yeah her costume isn't flattering.

Never know though, these could be pre-CGI pics? Maybe once some lighting goes in it'll look a bit different.

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 03:18 PM

Munn is the least of my worries. They could throw her in a burka and I'd still find a way to fap to her.

Fish 07-30-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11628014)

Evidently the suit cannot contain her crotch...

<iframe width="600" height="338" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vgS7nfdRMC8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sedated 07-30-2015 03:21 PM

Apocalypse looks like a villain from Ghostbusters 4

Anyong Bluth 07-30-2015 04:52 PM

How can they look at that and say, yeah, job well done, gentlemen?

I'm hardly knitpicky with the whole it's gotta look like the comics version, but you can't go out of your way to make the 1st response when everyone sees your main villain that's supposed to be an epic character be to chuckle and laugh at his rediculousness.

Could this be some old rudimentary version of him from centuries ago, and they're keeping his present day incarnation under wraps?

It baffles me, because DoFP did a lot to get the franchise ship righted, to then turn around and blow this of all things.

Jamie 07-30-2015 05:33 PM

I don't get why they didn't use the lip lines. It's his defining visual feature, you could have nothing but the lip lines and it'd look like Apocalypse. This design is like if they put Wolverine in a yellow spandex suit but left off the mutton chops.

GloucesterChief 07-30-2015 05:46 PM

Should of went with Mr. Sinister.

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11628287)

You can't have Mr. Sinister without Apocalypse.

Speaking of, has there been any mention of Cable?

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 06:10 PM

In fairness, (generally speaking) comic book characters will always look better in print and this look would be pretty tough to pull off IRL.

http://cdn1-www.superherohype.com/as...se-header4.jpg

DaneMcCloud 07-30-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Should of? Should of?

You try to pass yourself as a smart guy but say "should of"?

:facepalm:

And plenty of older illustrations were similar to Singer's version but you can't please everyone, especially the hardcore fans.

So screw 'em.

Fish 07-30-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11628359)
In fairness, (generally speaking) comic book characters will always look better in print and this look would be pretty tough to pull off IRL.

Exactly. I expected something maybe more like...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...avewilkins.jpg

Anyong Bluth 07-30-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Already leaked legit information points to him being the primary villain in the upcoming Gambit movie.

Anyong Bluth 07-30-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11628760)

How they can omit one of his defining physical features and skip the design of his mouth is a crime against humanity.

Sorter 07-30-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11627963)

LMAO

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 10:42 PM

Ivan Ooze!

Apparently Mohawk girl next to Apoc and Munn is a young Storm.

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11628760)

That dude looks like a mother****er that will rip your heart out through dick hole.

Which brings me to another point of annoyance, why is the dude's skin purple? It should be gray. His skin is always gray.

thabear04 07-30-2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11628875)
That dude looks like a mother****er that will rip your heart out through dick hole.

Which brings me to another point of annoyance, why is the dude's skin purple? It should be gray. His skin is always gray.

Yeah I can't think why they would make his skin purple. Off topic but on the next Wolverine Movie you think they might have omega red.

ThaVirus 07-30-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11628895)
Yeah I can't think why they would make his skin purple. Off topic but on the next Wolverine Movie you think they might have omega red.

I'm not sure. I'd guess so. Omega Red is really the only main Wolverine villain we haven't seen on film yet.

I did read that Hugh Jackman is signed on for this new X-Men: Apocalypse and one more Wolverine spinoff and then he's done. It'll be interesting to see how they try and wrap it all up.

thabear04 07-31-2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11628903)
I'm not sure. I'd guess so. Omega Red is really the only main Wolverine villain we haven't seen on film yet.

I did read that Hugh Jackman is signed on for this new X-Men: Apocalypse and one more Wolverine spinoff and then he's done. It'll be interesting to see how they try and wrap it all up.

Yeah he has two more films left and I heard Jerry Seinfeld told Jackmen to call it quits on playing Wolverine.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/...929367,00.html

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11628903)

Jackman isn't signed for Apocalypse. He's doing Old Man Logan and then he's done.

It's possible that he makes a cameo but even that's unlikely at this point.

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11628873)
Ivan Ooze!

Apparently Mohawk girl next to Apoc and Munn is a young Storm.

Munn is Psylocke, the other girl is Storm.

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 01:22 AM

Maybe this is more to the hardcore fan's liking?http://cdn2.denofgeek.us/sites/denof...?itok=y4q4LumR

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11628030)
They just need to scrap everything above the neck. The costume and musculature aren't too bad. They definitely need to make him bigger, 6'6" at the very least, and maybe a little less purple, more blue.

Set pics don't necessarily mean anything.

Chill.

007 07-31-2015 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11628934)
Maybe this is more to the hardcore fan's liking?http://cdn2.denofgeek.us/sites/denof...?itok=y4q4LumR

That outfit just looks weird on her.

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11628938)
That outfit just looks weird on her.

I agree. She should be nude.

Always nude.

007 07-31-2015 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11628941)

Always nude.

:thumb:

Anyong Bluth 07-31-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

So it looks like they're digitally altering her costume. Guess there's not much else you can do. She already admitted that the costume wasn't keeping her covered. It keeps shifting and flashing her crotch. Hell, on the 1st day of shooting she went gung ho on one of the takes and completely blew out the crotch, tearing the latex.

Buehler445 07-31-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11628941)

Always nude.

Truer words have never been spoken, my friend. Never. Ever. In the history of mankind.

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 11629064)
So it looks like they're digitally altering her costume. Guess there's not much else you can do. She already admitted that the costume wasn't keeping her covered. It keeps shifting and flashing her crotch. Hell, on the 1st day of shooting she went gung ho on one of the takes and completely blew out the crotch, tearing the latex.

Considering that they're all wearing the color purple in that shot, it's pretty clear that it's set in a "blue" environment, whether it's inside or outside.

If they were wearing blue, they'd be invisible.

Too many people throw hissy fits over things they don't understand.

Buehler445 07-31-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11629330)
Considering that they're all wearing the color purple in that shot, it's pretty clear that it's set in a "blue" environment, whether it's inside or outside.

I was about to comment it will be fixed in post production.

Anyong Bluth 07-31-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

I was only talking about how they altered the cut around the crotch. Much wider in the set shot. Which is why I brought up he teasing the beaver on set to begin with.

My comment had nothing to do with color or post adjustments to it. Simply that they had to adjust the costume because her who-ha can't be contained, but in order to cover her it looks like granny panties. Thus altering the cut ex post facto.

ToxSocks 07-31-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Pretty much what i figured. Movies like these are all about the post production. The costumes they wear are basically just a placeholder.

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 11629726)
My comment had nothing to do with color or post adjustments to it.

My comment wasn't directed at you, it was directed at people complaining about the color and the height of Apocalypse.

VFX.

Aries Walker 07-31-2015 03:24 PM

I hope they up his size or something, because right now he looks like cosplayer.

Jamie 07-31-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

It looks better, but I'm still not sold. It's like they misunderstood what the iconic elements of the comics design were, and maintained the things they could have (and probably should have) changed.

Also blue is an odd choice for his skin color, since he's always had grey skin in the comics and they already have three other blue mutants in this movie.

Anyong Bluth 07-31-2015 06:32 PM

I think Google search autocomplete says it all.

I typed in " Apocalypse looks " and here's what comes up as the most searched phrases through Google.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...8a5412fdbf.jpg

ThaVirus 07-31-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 11629935)
I hope they up his size or something, because right now he looks like cosplayer.

What the **** is this? An opinion? You can't have one of these here, bro.

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11631066)
What the **** is this? An opinion? You can't have one of these here, bro.

Nice one, SheVirus!

ThaVirus 07-31-2015 09:54 PM

LMAO SheVirus? What the balls is that?

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11631089)
LMAO SheVirus? What the balls is that?

It appears to me that your estrogen level has been elevated as of late. You've been complaining quite a bit, so I figured that was appropriate.

:D

Just ****in' with you, Bro.

ThaVirus 07-31-2015 10:51 PM

😆

It's July, man. The unbridled optimism has been getting under my skin lately.

DaneMcCloud 07-31-2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11631179)
😆

It's July, man. The unbridled optimism has been getting under my skin lately.

Don't worry, it will be dampened soon enough

Psyko Tek 07-31-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 11628851)
How they can omit one of his defining physical features and skip the design of his mouth is a crime against humanity.

yup he needs to be a foot taller with the mouth thing
not liking this