ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Trek 12 Gets Release Date (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221538)

The Iron Chief 05-05-2013 06:36 PM

Took the family to IM3 today and though we enjoyed it seeing the Star Trek trailer in 3D before the movie was a WoW!
It looks like they use the 3D visuals to their fullest potential!

I cant wait to see this.

Buehler445 05-05-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 9660445)
Took the family to IM3 today and though we enjoyed it seeing the Star Trek trailer in 3D before the movie was a WoW!

I cant wait to see this.

Yeah dude. When they jumped off the cliff my buddy I literally said out loud "woah".

It was pretty fantastic.

007 05-05-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 9660445)

I cant wait to see this.

No kidding man. I saw it that trailer in 3D last week and just running through the red forest place was pretty damn impressive. It looks like they are really taking advantage of 3D in it.

greg63 05-06-2013 01:20 AM

All the trailers I've seen are very short which makes me want to see it even more, usually a hyped up movie shows all the best scenes in the advertisements and you walk out of the theater disappointed.

...Unless of course you're Peewee Herman.

sd4chiefs 05-06-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9660594)
No kidding man. I saw it that trailer in 3D last week and just running through the red forest place was pretty damn impressive. It looks like they are really taking advantage of 3D in it.

I am 3D blind. Stupid lazy eye. :banghead:

Deberg_1990 05-07-2013 04:06 PM

Looks like the release had been bumped up a day to Thursday the 16th, with showtimes beginning Wed night the 15th.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/star-trek...nings-sell-out

"Star Trek" fans now have one less day to wait to go "Into Darkness."

With IMAX previews of "Star Trek Into Darkness" selling out fast, Paramount has decided to release J.J. Abrams' highly anticipated sequel to regular theaters one day sooner than first expected.

IMAX theatres are reporting sell-outs of "Star Trek Into Darkness" sneak peek shows on Wednesday, May 15 in Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, Houston, San Diego and Minneapolis. Other cities' venue are likewise filling up fast.

In response, Paramount Pictures has moved the film’s Friday, May 17 release up a day to Thursday, May 16. The film is being released in 3D and regular 2D.

The IMAX version of the film features approximately 30 minutes of footage shot with the high-resolution, large format IMAX cameras.

In "Darkness," Kirk (Chris Pine) and Spock (Zachary Quinto) face off against a new villain, Benedict Cumberbatch's Joh Harrison.

It also stars Simon Pegg, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, John Cho, Alice Eve and Bruce Greenwood.

"Star Trek Into darkness" opens May 16, with IMAX preview showings taking place at 8 p.m. May 15 in select cities.

Canofbier 05-07-2013 06:10 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WPkByAkAdZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Canofbier 05-07-2013 06:14 PM

Shit, never mind me. Didn't see that there was already a thread in The Lounge.

JD10367 05-07-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

http://www.hitfix.com/news/star-trek...nings-sell-out

"Star Trek" fans now have one less day to wait to go "Into Darkness."

With IMAX previews of "Star Trek Into Darkness" selling out fast, Paramount has decided to release J.J. Abrams' highly anticipated sequel to regular theaters one day sooner than first expected.

IMAX theatres are reporting sell-outs of "Star Trek Into Darkness" sneak peek shows on Wednesday, May 15 in Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, Houston, San Diego and Minneapolis. Other cities' venue are likewise filling up fast.

In response, Paramount Pictures has moved the film’s Friday, May 17 release up a day to Thursday, May 16. The film is being released in 3D and regular 2D.

"Star Trek Into darkness" opens May 16, with IMAX preview showings taking place at 8 p.m. May 15 in select cities.
Just thought I'd point out, it was always opening in IMAX one day earlier. IMAX had Wednesday night openings, with shows all day Thursday and regular theaters getting it on Friday. All this means is that regular theaters will also get it on Thursday.

Deberg_1990 05-07-2013 06:56 PM

Post your review JD once you screen your print. Thanks

Frazod 05-07-2013 07:43 PM

I GET TO MEET SHATNER :rockon:

http://www.hollywoodpalmscinema.com/...ents&refno=199

Hosting the new Star Trek movie as well as Star Trek II at a local movie theater.

While I've never been enough of a complete nerd to go to conventions, I'll damn sure drive a couple of miles for this.

Deberg_1990 05-07-2013 07:55 PM

That's awesome Frazod!

Frazod 05-07-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9666361)
That's awesome Frazod!

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked. It'll just be a hello and a paid autograph, but who cares?

keg in kc 05-07-2013 08:10 PM

Way to go timmah!

Which are you going to go for when you meet him, the schoolgirl squee or the swoon and pass out into a heap on the floor? Me, I'd probably go for the mute stare with jaw hanging open.

Frazod 05-07-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9666432)
Way to go timmah!

Which are you going to go for when you meet him, the schoolgirl squee or the swoon and pass out into a heap on the floor? Me, I'd probably go for the mute stare with jaw hanging open.

I have a couple of weeks to prepare for it. Hopefully it won't be like when I met Len Dawson and could only stare at him like a reerun. LMAO

Hammock Parties 05-07-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9666598)
I have a couple of weeks to prepare for it. Hopefully it won't be like when I met Len Dawson and could only stare at him like a reerun. LMAO

I had huge balls. I told Len "So Brodie Croyle looks pretty good, right?" Len snickered.

ChiefaRoo 05-07-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9666310)

Hosting the new Star Trek movie as well as Star Trek II at a local movie theater.

While I've never been enough of a complete nerd to go to conventions, I'll damn sure drive a couple of miles for this.

Cool man. Pics of the blessed event please. :)

mnchiefsguy 05-07-2013 09:29 PM

Found an interesting tidbit on IMDB, I will spoiler it just in case, and not sure where IMDB got the info.....

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 05-07-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9666800)
Found an interesting tidbit on IMDB, I will spoiler it just in case, and not sure where IMDB got the info.....

Spoiler!

I think it's the worlds worst kept secret at this point.

Frazod 05-07-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9666800)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

mnchiefsguy 05-08-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9666821)

Yeah, I figured..but when in doubt, I lean towards using the tag.

Lex Luthor 05-08-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9667183)
Yeah, I figured..but when in doubt, I lean towards using the tag.

Thanks man. I don't know what the secret is. I plan to see the movie the night it opens.

I didn't know Leonard Nimoy was in the last movie before i saw the movie. When he showed up, it was epic.

Hammock Parties 05-08-2013 11:27 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...97379703_o.jpg

007 05-08-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9670154)

DAMN!!!!

Bowser 05-09-2013 12:02 PM

Galaxy Class before Galaxy Class was cool

keg in kc 05-09-2013 07:19 PM

lmao

<iframe width="640" height="465" src="http://teamcoco.com/embed/v/51871" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song is classic.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9666310)

Have a GREAT time!

I used to watch Shatner sing karaoke in the mid 90's at a place called Residuals in Studio City. I lived right across the street in a crappy apartment and would go on Sunday nights just to watch him. He's a really cool and down to earth guy.

Enjoy!

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9666821)

I'm even more disappointed than I expected to be with this spoiler. It just shows a lack of creativity and forethought, especially considering that Abrams and Co. had three years to work on a unique script but ended up going back to the well.

I hope I'm wrong but I just have a feeling that I'm going to say "Whatever" after watching it on DVD. There's no way I'm paying $16-18 dollars plus parking per person to watch a rehash of the greatest Star Trek movie, ever.

Hammock Parties 05-09-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672442)
He's a really cool and down to earth guy.

Why do a lot of the people he works with, such as Takei, hate him, then?

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9672549)
Why do a lot of the people he works with, such as Takei, hate him, then?

Well, from what I understand, he was quite different in his heyday. By the time I had met him in the mid-90's, he was pretty much done and his career kaput. I used to see him when he was in his mid to late 60's, which was a very different Shatner from the guy in his early 30's.

Had it not been for his appearances on Howard Stern and his stake in Priceline (which Howard advised him to take), he'd probably be out of the public eye.

For me, it's really hard to believe that he's 82 years old now.

KC_Connection 05-09-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672562)
Well, from what I understand, he was quite different in his heyday. By the time I had met him in the mid-90's, he was pretty much done and his career kaput. I used to see him when he was in his mid to late 60's, which was a very different Shatner from the guy in his early 30's.

Had it not been for his appearances on Howard Stern and his stake in Priceline (which Howard advised him to take), he'd probably be out of the public eye.

For me, it's really hard to believe that he's 82 years old now.

Denny Crane!

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9672566)
Denny Crane!

SUCH a great character!

But if you look at his body of work, he had nothing, outside of a few voice-overs, from 1987 to really, Denny Crane in 2004, minus Kirk.

His appearances on the Howard Stern show revealed that he could totally make fun of himself and have a great time. Once he became kitschy, he began to get a ton of work.

Personally, I love the guy. Chris Pine is a great but Shatner will always be Kirk for me.

mikey23545 05-09-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Have a GREAT time!

I used to watch Shatner sing karaoke in the mid 90's at a place called Residuals in Studio City. I lived right across the street in a crappy apartment and would go on Sunday nights just to watch him. He's a really cool and down to earth guy.

Enjoy!

Holy crap...He actually tried to sing karaoke?...LMAO

That takes more balls than facing down a Klingon battle cruise...LMAO

From you're other post though, I agree. He is and always will be James T. Kirk.

Frazod 05-10-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Have a GREAT time!

Enjoy!

I doubt if it'll be anything more than saying hello and getting an autograph, but hell, that's enough for me. :thumb:

Frazod 05-10-2013 09:10 AM

Hadn't noticed this before. Not sure if it's truly spoiler-worthy, but what the hell.

Spoiler!

Buck 05-10-2013 09:22 AM

I'm going to see this at one of those fancy movie theaters. $20 a ticket. Taking gf for her b'day.

007 05-10-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9672921)
Hadn't noticed this before. Not sure if it's truly spoiler-worthy, but what the hell.

Spoiler!

Well that probably further pisses Shatner off.

Hammock Parties 05-11-2013 07:24 PM

Review:

Quote:

I ****ing loved it. Best Star Trek since IV, easily the best action ever in a Trek film. I was transfixed through the incredible opening action scene. We finally get a good villain for the new crew to work with. The third act is a tiny bit clunky, and it feels like this movie was overly "wrapped up" at the end since JJ is leaving to do Star Wars. But if this is his last ever interaction with Star Trek, he has done a masterful job with it. Best work he's ever done on any level ever.

If you love Star Trek, you will go see this without me telling you to. If you are ambivalent about Trek and just want a balls out summer blockbuster that is phenomenally visually appealing, intense, and funny, go see it also.

I never really liked Quinto-Spock in the first JJ Trek. He was ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT in this. Like, he was really Spock. I don't know if they did some CGI magic to his face in some of the action scenes, but i swear to god it looked like it was Leonard Nimoy's face. 10/10 Spock movie.

Pine-Kirk isn't quite on the same level, but let's face it, nobody will ever replace William Shatner. He is still pretty good.

I hated Pegg-Scotty in the first movie. Too jokey, too broad, too silly. He's great here. Much better written this time around.

I won't spoil anything about the film, It's too much fun for me to ruin someone else's fun.

Deberg_1990 05-12-2013 06:37 PM

If you want to be spoiled, this movies Wiki page gives a full spoiler synopsis and it's IMDB page lists who Cumberbatch is playing.

Bowser 05-12-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9677790)
If you want to be spoiled, this movies Wiki page gives a full spoiler synopsis and it's IMDB page lists who Cumberbatch is playing.

I've done a superb job of avoiding 95% of the spoilers for this movie to this point. I will not check out the wiki page just yet.

Sure-Oz 05-12-2013 07:33 PM

89% on RT with 56 reviews so far...pretty stoked for it

Frazod 05-12-2013 07:58 PM

I just preordered my tickets for Thursday night at 8:00. :rockon:

Tribal Warfare 05-13-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9677900)

got double feature tickets for Wednesday

ChiefaRoo 05-13-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9677900)

I'll fly in and go with you. But only if you hold my hand during the scary parts.

JD10367 05-14-2013 08:51 AM

Just watched it in 2D on our biggest regular screen. Dickheads ****ed up the IMAX access keys so I can't watch it over there in 3D until tomorrow.

But, having seen it in 2D just now, I have no problems whatsoever coming back in the morning to see it again.

This... is the sequel "Iron Man 3" could've been.

If you loved J.J. Abrams's "Star Trek", you'll love this one. Same music, same humor, same character interaction, great special effects, solid and intricate plot, touches on some old characters fans are familiar with and yet, if you've never seen "Star Trek" before this, you'll understand fully what's going on without having to know any backstory (which isn't really backstory anyway since the timeline has changed). Excellent job of continuing to parallel the history known to fans while tweaking and changing it due to the different timeline and, yet, still insinuating that some things are inevitable. All in all, a very very well done follow up. Oh, yeah, and I want to do incredibly nasty things to both Zoe Saldana and Alice Eve (who has a pointless and delicious quick scene in bra and panties).

keg in kc 05-14-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9617314)
Wasn't the original proposed title for the film Star Trek: Vengeance?

Maybe I learned that in an alternate timeline.

<div style="background-color:#<div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:906942/cp~id%3D1706978%26vid%3D906942%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A906942" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#</div>

Deberg_1990 05-15-2013 06:14 PM

I'm stoked! I won't be able to see this until sat night though....

Frazod 05-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9685192)
I'm stoked! I won't be able to see this until sat night though....

24 hours, 33 minutes.....

Hammock Parties 05-15-2013 06:29 PM

Seeing it tomorrow at 1.

Can't wait. I'm expecting a packed theater full of dumb kids so I'm gonna have to leave an hr early.

Tribal Warfare 05-15-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9685219)
Seeing it tomorrow at 1.

Can't wait. I'm expecting a packed theater full of dumb kids so I'm gonna have to leave an hr early.

I'm in the theater right now waiting for the double feature

Hammock Parties 05-15-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9685224)
I'm in the theater right now waiting for the double feature

You son of a bitch.

Tribal Warfare 05-15-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9685242)
You son of a bitch.

yep I'm nice and cozy in my seat located at the top row right in the middle of the theater

007 05-15-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9685219)
Seeing it tomorrow at 1.

You'll feel right at home. :D

Hammock Parties 05-15-2013 06:58 PM

Who knows, might get lucky. Is school out yet?

Barret 05-16-2013 01:04 AM

Well I went to see Into Darkness tonight. I think that this one is better then the first one. Kirk and Spock seem to be cementing the relationship more on this one. Also the Villain is much more believable the Eric Bana was. JJ Abrams has a thing for the Beastie Boys which I thought was kinda funny.

They had enough tips of the hat to old Trek that people who know it would recognize it, but enough action to keep the popcorn crowd enthralled. Also the humor is still there which makes you love the characters

There is 1 spoiler type thing I want to mention
Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 05-16-2013 01:07 AM

Good edition to the franchise

Spoiler!

Lex Luthor 05-16-2013 02:04 AM

Just got home from watching it. It was incredible. J.J. Abrams really gets it.

I'm sure glad I didn't read any spoilers, such as ...

Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 05-16-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9686226)
Just got home from watching it. It was incredible. J.J. Abrams really gets it.

I'm sure glad I didn't read any spoilers, such as ...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

JD10367 05-16-2013 08:12 AM

So after seeing it on Tuesday morning on our largest 2D screen, I saw it yesterday morning on our giant IMAX screen in 3D.

On the 3D front: it definitely looks very good in 3D, and that effect lends great reality to basically anything involving a spaceship or a building. Yet it's not nauseously overdone or used for stupid tricks (aside from the opening scene with spears coming at you). I suggest 3D.

On the IMAX front: I cannot say this definitely enough... if you have an IMAX, go see it there just for the sound. The sound in the regular theater's version was typical. The sound in the IMAX version was off-the-charts absolutely ****ing reerunedly awesome. Every engine thrust, every explosion, every phaser and photon torpedo sounded like the Space Shuttle lifting off. I would go see it again with a blindfold on, just to feel the subbass rock my intestines for 2+ hours.

JD10367 05-16-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9686226)

I'm glad...
Spoiler!

As soon as...
Spoiler!

Frazod 05-16-2013 08:19 AM

10 hours 41 minutes until Star Trek!

Going to be a long, long day :banghead:

JD10367 05-16-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9686421)
10 hours 41 minutes until Star Trek!

Going to be a long, long day :banghead:

VERY VERY IMPORTANT THING TO WATCH FOR:

:whackit:

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 10:47 AM

Leaving in 13 minutes. Can't wait to shit on this movie.

beach tribe 05-16-2013 11:04 AM

13 min are up. Wheres the dirt?

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 03:07 PM

It was OK. Not great. Abrams is
Spoiler!

I did enjoy Peter Weller's character greatly, and Cumberpatch was great.
Spoiler!

Hope the next one has a lot more Klingon stuff in it. They need to dig into that, because the designs for the Klingons and their ships were awesome.

Both of these, while entertaining, fall far short of the original six movies. Still waiting for something better. They need to start on something episodic like II III and IV were.

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 03:13 PM

JD, where the **** did you get a 2,266 pixel screencap of Alice Eve in her underwear? You got dat 4k, son? LMAO

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 03:33 PM

Shit, this was just really forgettable for me. Got more entertainment out of Iron Man III and shit, even reading Iron Man comic books in bed the other night. Read the whole Tony Stark vs Ezekiel Stane saga. Was badass.

Abrams should let someone else direct now. They had different directors for the originals, no reason someone else can't take a stab at it.

Halfcan 05-16-2013 03:37 PM

Star trek received 3 stars in the paper today- pretty good for a sequel to a reboot. Can't wait to see it.

Deberg_1990 05-16-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9687353)

Abrams should let someone else direct now. They had different directors for the originals, no reason someone else can't take a stab at it.

My guess is he's done with directing Trek for while. He's going to have his hands full with Star Wars.

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 03:50 PM

If they really wanted to turn this on it's head, here's how it should have happened:

Spoiler!

Also really didn't buy Spock
Spoiler!

In the end, either way, it's more like bad Star Trek fan fiction than anything. **** you Abrams for lack of original storytelling.

Tribal Warfare 05-16-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9687388)
If they really wanted to turn this on it's head, here's how it should have happened:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 03:54 PM

Also the other ship is now being termed U.S.S. Evilprise. rofl

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 04:01 PM

This movie could have been a LOT more interesting if
Spoiler!
, and the rest of the movie had him as the main bad guy, with Kirk trying to stop him from starting a war, etc.

That way you have
Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 05-16-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9687388)

Also really didn't buy Spock
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 04:43 PM

I bought the original six on bluray a couple weeks ago.

I have no desire to own either of these.

That pretty much sums up my feelings I think.

Deberg_1990 05-16-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9687480)
I bought the original six on bluray a couple weeks ago.

I have no desire to own either of these.

That pretty much sums up my feelings I think.

I think your letting nostalgia cloud your judgement. Abrams Trek is better than V for sure. And a lot of the next generation movies were crap. insurrection and Nemesis were crap and bombed. It's what led to this reboot. Nobody cared about Trek anymore until Abrams revitalized it.

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9687622)
I think your letting nostalgia cloud your judgement. Abrams Trek is better than V for sure. And a lot of the next generation movies were crap. insurrection and Nemesis were crap and bombed. It's what led to this reboot. Nobody cared about Trek anymore until Abrams revitalized it.

Abrams movies are flashy and witty so they're popular.

They're not as good as the old cast, sorry...not from a storytelling standpoint....and not when all they do is rip them off at key points in the story.

Better than Insurrection and Nemesis, sure....not better than First Contact or even Generations...and far below II, III, IV and VI.

Deberg_1990 05-16-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9687632)
Abrams movies are flashy and witty so they're popular.

They're not as good as the old cast, sorry...not from a storytelling standpoint....and not when all they do is rip them off at key points in the story.

Better than Insurrection and Nemesis, sure....not better than First Contact or even Generations...and far below II, III, IV and VI.

Agree somewhat. I really like this new cast. I think they are great. They could be better served by a stronger story and something more faithful to the original Trek though.

Hammock Parties 05-16-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9687643)
Agree somewhat. I really like this new cast. I think they are great. They could be better served by a stronger story and something more faithful to the original Trek though.

It's a very strong cast. I loved all the performances in the movie.

Wish it had a better writer and director.

Frazod 05-16-2013 09:56 PM

I loved it. Was it cheesy and obvious? Sure. WHO CARES??? IT WAS GREAT.

I rank this on par with First Contact and Undiscovered County. Not as good as Wrath of Khan. Much better than all the rest of them.