ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

QuikSsurfer 04-20-2012 02:24 PM

I'm in and just played to the skeleton king with another random guy. I can't add friends in game as i keep getting error 27. Loving it so far though - was rolling with 2 other guys and not a single hiccop, lag wise.

AndChiefs 04-20-2012 02:35 PM

eipc fail

QuikSsurfer 04-20-2012 02:35 PM

On another note, any of you guys play Starcraft II?

AndChiefs 04-20-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8555823)

I have it but haven't played it a long time.

drunkie 04-20-2012 02:58 PM

i own starcraft2 but never play it. i used to love starcraft 1 but i never feel like playing part 2 for some reason. but i for sure will not get the sc2 expo as they are removing the carriers :(

AndChiefs 04-20-2012 08:12 PM

Brimian#1571

NewChief 04-20-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8555823)

I think both patteeu and Taco John are pretty into SCII (TJ, I know, watches korean tournament vids and stuff at least).

Bump 04-20-2012 08:41 PM

I played the shit out of SC2 at first. But I never could win consistently. I kinda sucked I guess and then my PC broke and haven't played since.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2012 09:32 PM

level 10 on a Demon Hunter, it's pretty fun to play.

not sure it's any better than POE but it's fun.

patteeu 04-21-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8556459)
I played the shit out of SC2 at first. But I never could win consistently. I kinda sucked I guess and then my PC broke and haven't played since.

Their matchmaking system is designed to keep your win/loss ratio somewhere around 50/50 so no one really wins consistently.

patteeu 04-21-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8556354)
I think both patteeu and Taco John are pretty into SCII (TJ, I know, watches korean tournament vids and stuff at least).

Yes, I play SC2 pretty regularly although I can't claim to be very good. I watch a lot of the pro games too, but I don't subscribe and watch them live like TJ does.

BryanBusby 04-21-2012 02:15 AM

From what I've played, so far Diablo III feels meh. I don't think I could give a **** less about the story so far, having performance issues on a decent rig even with the settings toned down is annoying and Bill Roper not overseeing this one is definitely noticeable.

I do like the art style better than I thought I ever would though and the skill tree is much improved.

drunkie 04-21-2012 04:42 AM

pretty fun, but it is ridiculously easy. it really feels like it is meant to be played with a gamepad to me.

Saulbadguy 04-21-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8556996)
pretty fun, but it is ridiculously easy. it really feels like it is meant to be played with a gamepad to me.

Diablo was always easy on Normal mode.

Saulbadguy 04-21-2012 07:51 AM

FWIW, no performance issues here. I had lag a couple times when playing co-op, but nothing major.

Mr. Laz 04-21-2012 08:50 AM

there sure isn't much customization so far

start with 2 skills
certain levels you get a couple more options
then then you can add some enhancement to those skills

i guess there is crafting

So far it looks to be a 2-button masher type game ... which would be very disappointing.

allen_kcCard 04-21-2012 09:13 AM

It will change a lot as you level up from what I've seen.

When can you first start to salvage items?

Are all the game servers down for everyone right now? Seen any posts to say about how long they are down if so?

Saulbadguy 04-21-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8557208)
It will change a lot as you level up from what I've seen.

When can you first start to salvage items?

Are all the game servers down for everyone right now? Seen any posts to say about how long they are down if so?

Salvage around level 8 or 9, it depends on a quest line.

I can't log in right now.

allen_kcCard 04-21-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8557213)
Salvage around level 8 or 9, it depends on a quest line.

I can't log in right now.

K, I guess it is right after finding the crown thing? Is it worth it to save all the crap you pick up just to salvage to learn more about the crafting? Or is the cheap stuff not even able to be salvaged?

Saulbadguy 04-21-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8557215)
K, I guess it is right after finding the crown thing? Is it worth it to save all the crap you pick up just to salvage to learn more about the crafting? Or is the cheap stuff not even able to be salvaged?

Only blues and higher can be salvaged I think.

Mr. Laz 04-21-2012 04:18 PM

now they have a message on there that says they have some kind of player limit on the servers.

apparently to keep them from crashing

dam ... you would think that, with as long as Blizzard has been doing this, they wouldn't have these problems.

drunkie 04-21-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8557659)
now they have a message on there that says they have some kind of player limit on the servers.

apparently to keep them from crashing

dam ... you would think that, with as long as Blizzard has been doing this, they wouldn't have these problems.

they will always have these issues thats why they stress test the server in beta so they will have it worked out for launch

Sofa King 04-23-2012 07:35 AM

After playing the beta with a couple buddies, i'd have to say the ranged classes all look awesome. The Monk and the Barb were pretty boring. I was actually shocked how boring the barb class was.

I played a Wizard and a Barb, while another buddy played demon hunter an monk, and the last guy played the witch doctor.

Some of the spells look ****ing awesome. All 3 of the ranged classes had bad ass looking group attacks. The witch doctor wasn't high on my list until i saw what my buddy starting cranking out with spells and whatnot.

If i had to choose an order now I'd go.

Wizard
Witch Doctor
Demon Hunter

Barb/Monk

allen_kcCard 04-23-2012 09:00 AM

Barb was all I took to 13, but that was partly because I was playing with my 10 year old and he was playing ranged so I took the melee. He was a rushing mofo so I had to keep chasing him down and getting all the mobs that he had beating on his wizard all the time. I had a little chat with him later about how we need to work on him not jumping through every doorway he saw until everyone in the party was ready to move on from the map we were on :)

I had a lot of fun playing it, and am dying to get to play it past the boneking.

Sofa King 04-23-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8560427)
Barb was all I took to 13, but that was partly because I was playing with my 10 year old and he was playing ranged so I took the melee. He was a rushing mofo so I had to keep chasing him down and getting all the mobs that he had beating on his wizard all the time. I had a little chat with him later about how we need to work on him not jumping through every doorway he saw until everyone in the party was ready to move on from the map we were on :)

I had a lot of fun playing it, and am dying to get to play it past the boneking.

The leap skill was the best part of the barb. I was constantly using leap to get in and out of battle.

Good stuff.

It's pretty obvious to me that the ranged classes will own this game.

allen_kcCard 04-23-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8560431)
The leap skill was the best part of the barb. I was constantly using leap to get in and out of battle.

Good stuff.

It's pretty obvious to me that the ranged classes will own this game.

Yeah, I loved leap to jump over walls and pits, or through gates just to get some before the others could come in.

I will say though...that I ended up with some damn good weapons with the barb...I think they were both avg 16 or something like that, and I could really tear some stuff up. I would hit all the jars and tables and benches and other stuff to keep my rage up running around, and then with leap and that chain pull thing I could cleave a bunch and clean up with that hammer wave thing.

I think that for the monk especially, and the barb some as well, they will really shine as some of their later skills start to come up more. I need to look over the skill trees again now that I've played.

Sofa King 04-23-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8560440)
Yeah, I loved leap to jump over walls and pits, or through gates just to get some before the others could come in.

I will say though...that I ended up with some damn good weapons with the barb...I think they were both avg 16 or something like that, and I could really tear some stuff up. I would hit all the jars and tables and benches and other stuff to keep my rage up running around, and then with leap and that chain pull thing I could cleave a bunch and clean up with that hammer wave thing.

I think that for the monk especially, and the barb some as well, they will really shine as some of their later skills start to come up more. I need to look over the skill trees again now that I've played.

I know some people don't like the witch doctor, but i thought his skills looked awesome. It was my buddy playing him, but the spiders, zombie hands and the blow darts were awesome.

Mr. Laz 04-23-2012 10:23 AM

loved my demon hunter

my wizard is sucking ass so far (although mages usually start out slow until they get the powerful AOE spells)

kaplin42 04-23-2012 10:42 AM

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=503

drunkie 04-23-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8560445)
I know some people don't like the witch doctor, but i thought his skills looked awesome. It was my buddy playing him, but the spiders, zombie hands and the blow darts were awesome.

the witch doctor was my second favorite after my demon hunter. but i hated the spiders an frogs.i liked using the blow dart with the rapid fire rune with my hounds plus whatever the spell that casts hands on the ground

i took a monk,demon hunter, and the witch doctor to 13. i took the wizard to level 6 an the barb to level 9. the monk an the barb started off prolly the most powerful. i would say the monk was pretty much a joke it was so easy. while the range classes had to single target the melee seemed all there skills was aoe an just made life so fast an easy.

not sure why you thought the effects was so great. i thought they was so cheesey. the stuff all looked like laser beams. the wizard with his lil ice laser. demon hunter with his fire laser.

did anyone playing even die? compare this to like blood raven in d2. the first some what boss in d2 an you found there was a chance of death in d2. alot of people died or atleast had to run to avoid death. or they atleast had to pot. in d3 i never even came close to death i only seen 1 person die in all the games i played. the guy was a witch doctor who didn't move when the king charged him he just sat there an got slapped. this game so far is just far to easy

while i did enjoy the game an will still be buying it. i hope things change as we level in the game. the skill system felt like crap so far. no real choices. it is all easy mode. blizzard holding peoples hand so they don't screw up there builds. while that seems great to the people that had issues making builds it sucks in the long term cuz it takes out the care you need when making choices. it can all be changed in seconds so it loses some value.

those plus 2-4 damage rings really make a huge difference in game. i had a pair of the 2-4 with 4% increased attack speed an just those rings brought my damage up like 20. the highest i got my demon hunters damage up to was 89. something.

Sofa King 04-26-2012 02:57 PM

This made me laugh.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...54786490_o.jpg

Imon Yourside 04-27-2012 11:41 AM

I wish the Necro and Paladin were still in the game, my 2 favorite D2 classes.

Aspengc8 04-27-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8573128)

The monk is pretty close, group heals, blinds, auras etc

Mr. Laz 04-27-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8573128)

so far from what i've seen they got rid of a lot of the good stuff from DII and expanded the crappy stuff.

I hope i'm missing something

If it was ANY other game than Diablo i would of canceled my pre-order already. Well ... maybe Baldur's Gate III too.

Imon Yourside 04-27-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8573183)
The monk is pretty close, group heals, blinds, auras etc

The only class i had a chance to play in the open beta was the Wizard.

Imon Yourside 04-27-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8576458)
so far from what i've seen they got rid of a lot of the good stuff from DII and expanded the crappy stuff.

I hope i'm missing something

If it was ANY other game than Diablo i would of canceled my pre-order already. Well ... maybe Baldur's Gate III too.

I hope that is not correct, are you in the closed beta?

Mr. Laz 04-28-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8576634)
I hope that is not correct, are you in the closed beta?

i played it during the beta weekend

had a level 13 cap but had all the classes available

apparently there was only a fraction of the maps available.

Imo huge maps don't help replayability ... just ask bethesda about that. It character creation and development, item forging and finding that make a game replayable.

Sofa King 05-08-2012 07:30 AM

****!

My bosses set up a goddamn meeting at 7:00 PM the night of the release!! bastards!!

The Franchise 05-08-2012 10:51 AM

Pre-ordered this shit yesterday. I can't believe Gamestop wasn't including anything for the pre-order.

Mr. Laz 05-08-2012 10:54 AM

only deal/sale i've seen the entire time was that $10 off with newegg

They are banking on people paying whatever it takes because of the title.

They are probably correct

anyone going to not game for a few days before it releases to build up your appetite? :)

The Franchise 05-08-2012 11:24 AM

The only computer that I have that can run this ****ing game is my work computer. So the majority of my gaming will be done during my lunch hours until I can get my new home PC built. ****ing lame....

Sofa King 05-08-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8601782)
The only computer that I have that can run this ****ing game is my work computer. So the majority of my gaming will be done during my lunch hours until I can get my new home PC built. ****ing lame....

hurry up bitch! I already planned to slay some shit with you when this comes out.

The Franchise 05-08-2012 12:29 PM

Well I'll be on from 11:30 AM- 12:30 PM PST M-F.

Sofa King 05-08-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8601923)
Well I'll be on from 11:30 AM- 12:30 PM PST M-F.

LMAO

Yeah ok. That totally works.

Bump 05-08-2012 12:30 PM

I find this auction system fascinating. I wonder how much money one person can make.

The Franchise 05-08-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8601928)
LMAO

Yeah ok. That totally works.

It's all I have right now, ****er.

ToxSocks 05-08-2012 01:00 PM

I've probably already asked this before, but what the hell is the difference between this and WoW?

They sound like damn near carbon copies of each other.

Pants 05-08-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8601929)
I find this auction system fascinating. I wonder how much money one person can make.

One thing is clear, Blizzard will be swimming in cash.

Pants 05-08-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8602006)
I've probably already asked this before, but what the hell is the difference between this and WoW?

Diablo III isn't an MMO.

Ceej 05-08-2012 01:07 PM

I remember watching the commercial for this hoping it was a new, sweet-ass movie.

Looks pretty BA.

Not my type of game though.

Sofa King 05-08-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8602006)

LMAO

You're either trolling or you have absolutely no idea what Diablo is.

ToxSocks 05-08-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8602044)
LMAO

You're either trolling or you have absolutely no idea what Diablo is.

The only thing i know about Diablo is that it's some sort of RPG.

My impression of Diablo (i know nothing about it of course) is that it's essentially a non MMO, darker, version of WoW.

I've skimmed through this thread and found a lot of terms, classes, etc are shared with WoW.

Obviously it's a Blizzard theme going on here.

So what is Diablo exactly?

Cuz like i said, I always thought of it as a single player RPG similar to WoW.

The Franchise 05-08-2012 01:46 PM

WoW is an MMO. Diablo is a dungeon crawler.

Sofa King 05-08-2012 02:13 PM

Biggest difference. Diablo is a hack and slash, Wow isn't.

You advance in a straight line story. You don't randomly do whatever the hell you want (at least until you complete the quests).

drunkie 05-08-2012 03:22 PM

i hate to say it , but i think detoxing is alot closer then you guys will like to admit. be honest an you gotta admit d3 is alot closer to wow then d2. wow took alot of the idea from d2 an built on them.

it looks like d3 took a wow core an made it have a diablo theme. diablo even has shot rotations now. for the demon hunter for example you have the hate regen attack then you have you rapidfire. you spam the hungering arrow so you get enough hate to use rapidfire. only thing missing is a sting an you have basically the same kinda attack of the hunter in wow. even the boss fights are now much more wow like. d3 is far different then d2. pvp isn't even pvp anymore. now it is all going to be in arena another wow feature. you can't even just start a fun lil pvp in a private game with friends anymore. there plans are all pvp will be in arena now. but pvp won't be out for a while so alot can change by then.

scorpio 05-08-2012 03:24 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LEAPxgMCEA8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz 05-08-2012 03:38 PM

honestly a lot of these games are getting to be very similar

"action adventure online co-op with various levels of character development"

some are a little more character develop
some are a little more Action

:shrug:

they are starting to try to make games that use the best of all the genre

Sofa King 05-08-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8602433)
i hate to say it , but i think detoxing is alot closer then you guys will like to admit. be honest an you gotta admit d3 is alot closer to wow then d2. wow took alot of the idea from d2 an built on them.

it looks like d3 took a wow core an made it have a diablo theme. diablo even has shot rotations now. for the demon hunter for example you have the hate regen attack then you have you rapidfire. you spam the hungering arrow so you get enough hate to use rapidfire. only thing missing is a sting an you have basically the same kinda attack of the hunter in wow. even the boss fights are now much more wow like. d3 is far different then d2. pvp isn't even pvp anymore. now it is all going to be in arena another wow feature. you can't even just start a fun lil pvp in a private game with friends anymore. there plans are all pvp will be in arena now. but pvp won't be out for a while so alot can change by then.

Well that statement is certainly true, but they aren't "basically the same thing" as he stated.

And there is alot more stuff that went from diablo to wow than from wow to diablo.

EDIT: and the pvp system is pure shit. I agree. And the creators have heard the concerns but they want the game to be pve... so they basically told the pvp crowd to **** off. Which is bullshit.

drunkie 05-08-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8602469)
honestly a lot of these games are getting to be very similar

"action adventure online co-op with various levels of character development"

some are a little more character develop
some are a little more Action

:shrug:

they are starting to try to make games that use the best of all the genre

agreed. the only one that still seems to be true to there roots is rts games. change isn't bad. the only problem is they are building all of them to be so basic that a 90 yr old grandmother can play it an never die. carebear gaming where no one ever loses

Mr. Laz 05-08-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8602488)
agreed. the only one that still seems to be true to there roots is rts games. change isn't bad. the only problem is they are building all of them to be so basic that a 90 yr old grandmother can play it an never die. carebear gaming where no one ever loses

yep, my biggest fear about DIII is that they have dumbed it down so much that i'll get bored after one play through. :(

seems like the talent system is going to be simple and linear.

You start with 2 skills and at certain levels you get to add improvements to those skills. Then eventually you get an option for another skill etc,etc. So far it looks like the number of builds is going to be so limited that it doesn't really matter.

I've only seen/played the Beta so hopefully we only got to see a fraction of the skills etc.

Sofa King 05-08-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8602488)

Pretty much.

I'm REALLY hoping inferno is tough as shit, but it probably won't be.

drunkie 05-08-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8602599)
Pretty much.

I'm REALLY hoping inferno is tough as shit, but it probably won't be.

i think it will be hard at first before they nerf it. but i think it will be hard because of cheesy lameness an not really hard. they are talking about having enrage timers on stuff. so you can't kite mobs around. mobs will be able to throw walls to lock you in. we will see in prolly a week. i expect we will be in inferno within a day or 2 of release prolly a week at most so we will see then. but i don't think this will be a diablo game like we all expect an want

Bump 05-08-2012 04:49 PM

So you think they dumbed this game down to appeal to everyone and sell more copies? While pissing on the hardcore fans who are probably still playing Diablo 2?

drunkie 05-08-2012 05:00 PM

http://i.imgur.com/yZmLt.png

http://i.imgur.com/lBuBW.png

http://i.imgur.com/MQlCT.png

http://i.imgur.com/7rH1w.png

http://i.imgur.com/Z51cf.png

sadly we will not even be getting more skills all the way to 60. as you see we stop getting skills at around 30. then we get just runes to adjust out skills. passives are just passive so i not even counting them.

in d2 you got skill points to use all the way till 99 . i like that way much better. but the graph can show you what each class will get at each level. doesn't name the skills themselves but tell you on each level up what you will get a skill. a passive or a rune

drunkie 05-08-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8602627)
So you think they dumbed this game down to appeal to everyone and sell more copies? While pissing on the hardcore fans who are probably still playing Diablo 2?

that is already known. it is factual. they have come out an said it. the skill system was done this way to make it easier for new people. most of the changes was based on making things easier for new people. this is carebear gaming at it's finest.

blizzard learned with wow. wow started out an it wasn't the walk in the park it is now. it was solid. but at the end of bc they started the easy mode an badge gear. wolk went full carebear an the sales went up an up. the replay value might be gone but people buy up the easy mode crap. i blame activision blizzard used to be about making the best games. but now they are all about what will make the most money. this attitude shows in the changes they made after they joined activision

drunkie 05-08-2012 05:37 PM

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Diablo-.../DiabloIIIChat

Jay Wilson doing a live chat right now for anyone wanting to ask questions or learn about the game

Bump 05-08-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8602670)
that is already known. it is factual. they have come out an said it. the skill system was done this way to make it easier for new people. most of the changes was based on making things easier for new people. this is carebear gaming at it's finest.

blizzard learned with wow. wow started out an it wasn't the walk in the park it is now. it was solid. but at the end of bc they started the easy mode an badge gear. wolk went full carebear an the sales went up an up. the replay value might be gone but people buy up the easy mode crap. i blame activision blizzard used to be about making the best games. but now they are all about what will make the most money. this attitude shows in the changes they made after they joined activision

really? I hate it when game companies do that. Activision is notorious for it. There can't be integrity anymore, can there?

Sofa King 05-09-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8602670)

Well said.

allen_kcCard 05-09-2012 08:57 AM

Concerning the skill system in Diablo II vs. what is coming for III, sure it seems like it is a lore more linear, but for Diablo II didn't most everyone that knew how to read the internet follow close to the same builds anyhow?

Meteor/Frozen Orb Sorceress
Lightning/Frozen Orb Sorceress
Summoner Necromancer
Trapper Assassin
Hammerdin Paladin

Those are some that I remember, plus things like a whirlwind barb. Sure, there are people that gimped themselves by not following those builds, but isn't it a good thing if they make changes so that those people don't get frustrated because they did something wrong?

I don't want to play a mindless game either, but it isn't like all the people that played diablo 2 all figured out the perfect builds by themselves. A few did, and others followed suit. Right?

Mr. Laz 05-09-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8604186)
Concerning the skill system in Diablo II vs. what is coming for III, sure it seems like it is a lore more linear, but for Diablo II didn't most everyone that knew how to read the internet follow close to the same builds anyhow?

Meteor/Frozen Orb Sorceress
Lightning/Frozen Orb Sorceress
Summoner Necromancer
Trapper Assassin
Hammerdin Paladin

Those are some that I remember, plus things like a whirlwind barb. Sure, there are people that gimped themselves by not following those builds, but isn't it a good thing if they make changes so that those people don't get frustrated because they did something wrong?

I don't want to play a mindless game either, but it isn't like all the people that played diablo 2 all figured out the perfect builds by themselves. A few did, and others followed suit. Right?

:deevee: reading all those builds make me sad for the old days.

Those builds had to be figured out and if you didn't go in with a certain build you got totally owned in Hell.

SO FAR ... it doesn't even look like you will have any builds in DIII

I'm sorry but to me that is a big difference.

I supposed the play could be difficult enough in DIII that you have to play a certain style to survive instead of have certain skills but i doubt it. If they make the game that difficult they will have all the shitty players crying and complaining and it will get nerfed.

allen_kcCard 05-09-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8604359)
Those builds had to be figured out and if you didn't go in with a certain build you got totally owned in Hell.

SO FAR ... it doesn't even look like you will have any builds in DIII

I'm sorry but to me that is a big difference.

I supposed the play could be difficult enough in DIII that you have to play a certain style to survive instead of have certain skills but i doubt it. If they make the game that difficult they will have all the shitty players crying and complaining and it will get nerfed.

Had to be figured out, yes. And then posted to the internet and everyone and their brother followed the cookie cutter and did the same thing. I see what they are doing in DIII is cutting out the ways that people can shoot themselves in the foot before they knew the gun was loaded. Carebear...maybe, but it makes sense to do when everyone ends up following the same build templates in time anyhow.

I am not saying I want my hand held either. I am hoping that they have found a balance of not having stupid ways of building out that will be useless, and having multiple ways of building out to be viable so people can find their way of doing it, while still being effective.

Mr. Laz 05-09-2012 10:21 AM

Werebear
Windy
Javazon
Bowazon
Whirly Barb
Zoomancer

*sigh*

patteeu 05-09-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8604373)
Had to be figured out, yes. And then posted to the internet and everyone and their brother followed the cookie cutter and did the same thing. I see what they are doing in DIII is cutting out the ways that people can shoot themselves in the foot before they knew the gun was loaded. Carebear...maybe, but it makes sense to do when everyone ends up following the same build templates in time anyhow.

I am not saying I want my hand held either. I am hoping that they have found a balance of not having stupid ways of building out that will be useless, and having multiple ways of building out to be viable so people can find their way of doing it, while still being effective.

Yeah, as long as there are a variety of options available to let the gamer play a customized character, I think it's a good thing if the game designer can make all the options viable.

Saulbadguy 05-09-2012 11:45 AM

Diablo was never complex. Get over yourselves.

drunkie 05-09-2012 05:01 PM

that is the point it was never complex so why dumb it down.

for example say you are asked to count to 10. as a grown man your role is to count to 10. this is a very simple role that you have no issue doing. now they tell you that you still must count to 10 an they will count up to 9 for you.

when something is already simple you don't make it even more simple. there needs to be some kinda thought an challenge to it all

while everyone might of followed the same builds in d2. they didn't do this for the first years of the game. this is a game that has been out for like 10 years so everything has been figured out an posted online. but it wasn't like this at first an we all had to figure out our builds on our own. you had the choice of what you wanted to do. now half of it is done for you.

the newest thing is there enrage timers. they say they don't want people cheesing the bosses an beating them when they are a low level. so they are adding enrage timers. to force people to farm for a set level of gear before you can pass. sorry but the only cheese is on blizzards part, if someones is able to beat the boss by kiting it at a low level that is impressive on there part. clearly blizzard did not make it hard enough if people can do this. enrage timers is just a cheap way to try to force a slower progression. thats not challenging or hard it is cheese. blizzard says inferno will take months to beat but it isn't because it is so hard it is because of cheese artificial delays they built in to stop people. the game will still be great fun i am sure but because of the direction they have gone with this game i don't think it will have the reply value like diablo 2 did

Saulbadguy 05-09-2012 06:59 PM

It's not dumbed down. It takes out a bunch of worthless shit no one used anyways. It took out annoying, tedious things.

drunkie 05-09-2012 07:07 PM

haha when the game removes the chance of you screwing up your build it is dumbed down. regardless if you liked or disliked the things that was removed blizzard has said it themselves they made it easier for new people. you might love the changes an thats great. but it has been dumbed down. they have made things as simple as they can for people. no longer is there a chance at failure. that is being dumbed down. they are holding your hand on a guided tour to make sure no one gets lost

Saulbadguy 05-09-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8605654)
haha when the game removes the chance of you screwing up your build it is dumbed down. regardless if you liked or disliked the things that was removed blizzard has said it themselves they made it easier for new people. you might love the changes an thats great. but it has been dumbed down. they have made things as simple as they can for people. no longer is there a chance at failure. that is being dumbed down. they are holding your hand on a guided tour to make sure no one gets lost

Build? who gives a shit, really. 95% of the players just copied a build they found on the internet, or downloaded a trainer.

drunkie 05-09-2012 07:15 PM

here i will make a football example so everyone can relate to it

diablo2 herm would of rolled something like a melee sorc. he would get killed an get laughed at all the time. yet he would be to stupid to look for help. he will stand there giving speeches about why his build is great that make no sense.

now in diablo3 they have made it so no matter what herm does his build will work. this man who could not make it out of act2 normal is now able to make it all the way to hell. herm will not get lost an confused. he now gets a blue ribbon for participation so he can feel like everyone else an not be seen for the true failure that he is.

if you don't like the term dumbed down. we can say it was hermed if that will make people happy haha

Saulbadguy 05-09-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8605675)
here i will make a football example so everyone can relate to it

diablo2 herm would of rolled something like a melee sorc. he would get killed an get laughed at all the time. yet he would be to stupid to look for help. he will stand there giving speeches about why his build is great that make no sense.

now in diablo3 they have made it so no matter what herm does his build will work. this man who could not make it out of act2 normal is now able to make it all the way to hell. herm will not get lost an confused. he now gets a blue ribbon for participation so he can feel like everyone else an not be seen for the true failure that he is.

if you don't like the term dumbed down. we can say it was hermed if that will make people happy haha

Well, ok. They've dumbed down (hermed) all of gaming then, I don't see how Diablo would be any different.