ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peyton “looked real good” throwing to new Broncos teammates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257791)

Sofa King 08-01-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8783203)
It's a thread dedicated to and named for him. And you are posting in it. Now who cares?

pwned

mr. tegu 08-01-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 8782997)
Based on the 2010 PFF ratings, the Chiefs lost their 3rd, 7th, and 14th best players. That would be equivalent to the Broncos losing Mays, Bannan, and Mike Adams. I think we'd be okay.

On the other hand, it is very sad that Joe Mays is our 3rd best player.

Those are hardly equivalent across teams. Sure if you look at Berry and Bannan they are 7th best on their respective team that season, but nobody in their right mind would say those two are even close as far as how much they affect the game. It is just a reflection of how pathetic a roster Denver had and still has. Just because your 7th best player that season did nothing doesn't mean ours didn't.

mr. tegu 08-01-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8783198)
There haven't been any negative reports. Peter King had the most "negative" report so far in camp and he even said that he wouldn't be surprised if Manning completes 69% of his passes this year.

Does the fact that Manning doesn't expect to be his old self concern you?

Sofa King 08-01-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Today, that was less the case; Manning and company fell down to earth a little bit. The stud signal caller had a few overthrown passes; he and his receiver were not always on the same page, and players like Demaryius Thomas and Virgil Green had a few drops.
Quote:

Tracy Porter jumped a few Manning throws with successful deflections. (Who the **** is Tracy Porter?)
Quote:

I heard murmurs that Willis McGahee may have been slow to get up at one point, and I didn’t see him in first team work late in practice (And down goes your best offensive weapon from last year!)
Quote:

The Broncos were completely stuffed on every running play off right tackle, and if it weren’t for Manning’s ability to get rid of the football quickly, the first team offense would have yielded a sack or two as well (wow... they can't run without Tebow. And it sounds like Peyton will be getting hit,and hurt, a lot sooner in the year than even I thought)
LMAO

Where's your god now knowmo!!!

http://broncotalk.net/2012/07/39322/...actice-report/

petegz28 08-01-2012 12:33 PM

chop blocking will be taken to a new level by Denver this year

vailpass 08-01-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8783214)

Nobody that is being honest and has basic football knowledge expects a 37 year old QB who hasn't played in a year due to serious neck injury to be what he was in his prime. I'm just hoping to get enough Manning, for long enough, to get far enough.

Any player coming back from a season ending injury runs the very real risk that he may never again play at his pre-injury level.
You have some of those to watch on your own team.

durtyrute 08-01-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8783203)
It's a thread dedicated to and named for him. And you are posting in it. Now who cares?

Touche, kinda like you in the 9/11 thread. You win this time penguin but I'll be back.;)

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8783214)

No. He is a perfectionist. The things he sees as being subpar could be unnoticeable to you and I.

I am not expecting to watch Manning play this year and think to myself, "Damn! He would have made that throw 4 years ago. " I'm expecting to see some of the best QB play that Denver has seen in over a decade.

mr. tegu 08-01-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8783227)
Nobody that is being honest and has basic football knowledge expects a 37 year old QB who hasn't played in a year due to serious neck injury to be what he was in his prime. I'm just hoping to get enough Manning, for long enough, to get far enough.

Any player coming back from a season ending injury runs the very real risk that he may never again play at his pre-injury level.
You have some of those to watch on your own team.

At 5 years 95 million I am pretty sure Denver was/is expecting Peyton to be his old self...

And the guys we are worried about don't touch the ball every single offensive/defensive play. Manning might end up being surprised when he starts attempting passes that he used to make in his sleep but now get tipped away or fall slightly short with the slightly less velocity he sounds like he will have.

mr. tegu 08-01-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8783245)
No. He is a perfectionist. The things he sees as being subpar could be unnoticeable to you and I.

I am not expecting to watch Manning play this year and think to myself, "Damn! He would have made that throw 4 years ago. " I'm expecting to see some of the best QB play that Denver has seen in over a decade.

This is true. I just hope he survives long enough into the season to meet this guy:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_as...425_medium.jpg

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

PFM just made a throw to Stokley over the middle that only 5-7 people on earth could make.
https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/stat...34913974968320

petegz28 08-01-2012 12:46 PM

As I understand it Manning's neck injury is somewhat similar to the injury Preist Holmes suffered. It took one good hit to knock Priest back on the sidelines. Peyton is going to get his bell rung and be done with football before the season is over.

Sofa King 08-01-2012 12:46 PM

Wow. Brandon Stokley is getting reps with the 1st team.

What a sad, sad time for the Denver wr core.

durtyrute 08-01-2012 12:47 PM

It has nothing to do with the fact that he continually kicked our asses nor does it have anything to do with the fact that he is a donk, but I have a really bad feeling about Peyton. I was hoping he would just call it quits and go out on top.

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8783224)
LMAO

Where's your god now knowmo!!!

http://broncotalk.net/2012/07/39322/...actice-report/

I didn't read that one. I really don't read the Bronco blog sites at all (MileHighReport, Broncotalk, ItsAllOverFatMan)

I did read this camp report by Cecil Lammey on the same day that Broncotalk was referencing.

Quote:

Peyton Manning – Another clinic by Manning, although Champ Bailey had a stronger performance today. Ran great play fakes, and was able to draw the defense offsides with his barking cadence many times. Throws a nice fade route in the back corner of the end zone and guys like Joel Dreesen, Eric Decker, Jacob Tamme, and Demaryius Thomas took advantage. The wind started gusting towards the end of practice and Manning was still zipping the ball around the field. Manning trusts his arm, and will throw into incredibly tight windows. However, he’s smart enough to know when to throw it away and did that a couple of times in red zone drills.

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8783278)
Wow. Brandon Stokley is getting reps with the 1st team.

What a sad, sad time for the Denver wr core.

Decker hasn't practiced today. He's been getting stretched out by the trainer since very early on in practice.

Sofa King 08-01-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8783280)
I didn't read that one. I really don't read the Bronco blog sites at all (MileHighReport, Broncotalk, ItsAllOverFatMan)

I did read this camp report by Cecil Lammey on the same day that Broncotalk was referencing.

So you only read reports by the donkey homer reporters.

Got it.

petegz28 08-01-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8783279)
It has nothing to do with the fact that he continually kicked our asses nor does it have anything to do with the fact that he is a donk, but I have a really bad feeling about Peyton. I was hoping he would just call it quits and go out on top.

I can recall 2 games where he solidly kicked our ass. The other times, including the playoff game we pretty much went toe-toe and he never walked away with it.

InChiefsHeaven 08-01-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

PFM just made a throw to Stokley over the middle that only 5-7 people on earth could make.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8783264)

PFM...is that Payton ****ing Manning?

durtyrute 08-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8783297)
I can recall 2 games where he solidly kicked our ass. The other times, including the playoff game we pretty much went toe-toe and he never walked away with it.

Maybe kicked our ass was too harsh, but we lost alot, that's all I mean.

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8783299)

Peyton. ****ing. Manning.

Sofa King 08-01-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8783299)

Peyton (pillowbiter word) Manning

listopencil 08-01-2012 12:56 PM

Coolest thing about PFM signing? I got a "Tebow Time" t-shirt at the thrift store for a buck fifty. Mint condition. Awesome.

Sofa King 08-01-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8783306)
Peyton. ****ing. Manning.

You don't suppose a guy that refers to Manning as PFM is a bit biased?

listopencil 08-01-2012 12:57 PM

By the way- Decker has been working with Manning a lot. They seem to be developing a solid rapport. He should do very well this season.

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8783312)
You don't suppose a guy that refers to Manning as PFM is a bit biased?

Vic probably is biased. I don't care.

Bacillus Anthracis 08-01-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8783036)
OMG, please, please, please get the season here. I can't stand all the speculation. I've stated my stance on Manning. I think he is going to be OK, but that is it. At 36, within a year of 4 neck surgeries, and missing the last 18 months of football? If indeed he is really good, it will be the first time in history a person of that age, coming off major surgery, and having missed the entire previous season, will succeed with a new team. Probably the closest was Montana when he came to KC. He was Ok, but not great.

But Montana didn't miss an entire season/year and a half, did he? And I'd take Montana in his prime over Manning anyway. By extension, I'd take Montana over Manning in their twilight years.

Manning hasn't thrown a pass in a real game since 2010. I don't care how good he was, it's going to take some time to bang the rust off, time Denver doesn't have. By the time that team gets up to speed (if at all) they could be 1-4 or even 0-5. And will Manning continue to play after that? I doubt it.

MagicHef 08-01-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8783211)
Those are hardly equivalent across teams. Sure if you look at Berry and Bannan they are 7th best on their respective team that season, but nobody in their right mind would say those two are even close as far as how much they affect the game. It is just a reflection of how pathetic a roster Denver had and still has. Just because your 7th best player that season did nothing doesn't mean ours didn't.

7th was Moeaki. Berry was 14th. If you want to go by pure score, it would be like the Broncos losing Bunkley (+24.1 compared to Charles' +25.7), McGahee (+9.6 compared to Moeaki's +9.4), and Brandon Lloyd's 5 games (+4.6 compared to Berry's +3.8) last season.

vailpass 08-01-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8783246)
At 5 years 95 million I am pretty sure Denver was/is expecting Peyton to be his old self...

And the guys we are worried about don't touch the ball every single offensive/defensive play. Manning might end up being surprised when he starts attempting passes that he used to make in his sleep but now get tipped away or fall slightly short with the slightly less velocity he sounds like he will have.

You apparently aren't clear on the terms of Manning's contract.
As to the rest of your post, I don't blame you for hoping. I would too if I were you.

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

The deep balls are high lobs, or looking good?” they look great. Believe me there isn't a pass he can't throw now
https://mobile.twitter.com/dmac1043/...50110110334977

Sofa King 08-01-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8783505)

Who the **** is that?

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8783573)
Who the **** is that?

Host of a sports radio show in Denver.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-01-2012 04:46 PM

Anyone jizzing thier pants over someone making throws when you can't be hit is a ****ing moron. How will he handle pressure? I know all about the lightning quick release, but hell his nuts shriveled up before the neck injury when you hit him.

Ted Theodore Logan 08-01-2012 06:15 PM

What I would like to have now is for all you fat,out of shape,Denver Donkey losers to keep the noise down while I show your ladies what they really wish they could lay in bed with,HIT THE MUSIC!

The Bad Guy 08-01-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8783328)
Vic probably is biased. I don't care.

Probably?

Is the sky blue?

Sofa King 08-01-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravishing Rick Rude (Post 8784178)
What I would like to have now is for all you fat,out of shape,Denver Donkey losers to keep the noise down while I show your ladies what they really wish they could lay in bed with,HIT THE MUSIC!

LMAO

Chief Roundup 08-01-2012 09:40 PM

I keep waiting for George "The Animal" Steel to show up next.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8782152)
The return of the 3 ACLmigos is drawing quite the buzz in league circles. Comments of loaded Chiefs team being the biggest reason folks are picking KC.

Personally, like usual it's San Diego's division if crybaby and Norf don't find a way to **** it up.

I expect KC to take the West though.

As it should be. The weapons are reloading.