ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

KC_Connection 04-30-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8583664)
Ok, so you had looked to see that about Renly but you get miffed if someone say "did you catch that?"

I didn't intentionally look to see anything about anybody. If I could do it over again, I wish I wouldn't have seen that and guessed that his death might be coming.

Quote:

All I am saying is there is a lot of story line people are not catching onto because they are not paying a lot of attention. And what I am talking about are dead give-aways if you pay attention to what is being and has been said throughout the story.
Thanks for the tip about paying attention. You done?

Hawk 04-30-2012 05:15 PM

There has been much foreshadowing, but no need to pound people over the head with it in a spoiler-free thread if they haven't already figured it out.

I really like the way the show has handled that and some other stories in a way that is very similar to the books. One of the great things about the books is that GRRM is an incredibly subtle writer. He will give you clues and hints about things but won't always come right out and say it. That's part of why these books are great to discuss in forums like this because there is so much subtle depth to them that you can't get it all in one reading (or one viewing of an episode on HBO) and there is a lot of wiggle room for varous theories to pop up.

Renly being gay is a good example. Many book readers were surprised by the Renly and Loras scene in seaon 1 because GRRM never once says in the books that Renly and Loras are gay. But Loras is the Knight of Flowers, Renly's kingsguard is the rainbow guard with each having a different color cloak. Renly and Margery never consummated their marriage. Plus there are a host of sly jokes or references by other characters that hint at it. When you go back and put it all together, it is 100% obvious they are gay, but if you just read through somewhat quickly the first time, you could easily have missed that as many people did. Love these books!

Hawk 04-30-2012 05:18 PM

On to a new subject of great importance...Are we going to get to see Dany naked this season or what??

I thought she would wear a gown in this episode that bared one breast (based on the books), but HBO inexplicably did not have her do that even though it was one of the few times the nudity would have been right out of the book. That makes me wonder if Dany has negotiated having any more nude scenes out of her contract. I hope not, she's hot!

petegz28 04-30-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8583730)
On to a new subject of great importance...Are we going to get to see Dany naked this season or what??

I thought she would wear a gown in this episode that bared one breast (based on the books), but HBO inexplicably did not have her do that even though it was one of the few times the nudity would have been right out of the book. That makes me wonder if Dany has negotiated having any more nude scenes out of her contract. I hope not, she's hot!

I figured they would have done that but perhaps instead of a few brief moments of nudity, her walking around with her tit hanging out seemed a bit much. Which is too bad.

Hawk 04-30-2012 05:40 PM

When they pulled out the blue gown, I thought we were going to get some Dany boobage, but no such luck!

KevB 04-30-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8583524)
Dude, it's been setting up for the last 2 shows...are you not paying attention?

The beauty of this show has been it's unpredictability. Theon's intent appears obvious, but who the heck knows? There are a number of directions things could go.

BigRedChief 04-30-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8582360)
What means this?

I was sad to see .....someone (are we allowed to talk openly about already aired episodes in this thead?) go tonight. He was just coming into his own IMO.

All talk of aired episodes are great. You haven't seen the latest episode? Stay away from the thread. Just like the rest of the media threads.

All talk from the books is okay as long as its aired on tV also.

BigRedChief 04-30-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8583575)
Bringing attention to it by saying "are you paying attention to this?" is like a spoiler. It's like telling people to pay attention to the temperature changes in the Sixth Sense and then acting like they should have picked up on the significance on first viewing

THIS!

Just don't go close to the spoiler edge. How is that so ****ing hard to understand?

Bowser 04-30-2012 07:31 PM

Theon burns down The Wall.

There, assholes. Nothing more to spoil.

Fish 04-30-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8583980)

LMAO Dumbledore dies... suck it Potter pussies!

BigRedChief 04-30-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8583643)
I know what happens, but you're on the verge of douching up the thread with this shit.

Yeah that statement was highlighted "who said anything about the Lannister's?" in the episode. The son given a minor assignment. The hard on that the daughter and dad have for the Stark's. The soldiers leaving the base, a kid in charge. You dont even have to be paying attention to figure it out.

But the difference is I have no clue whats going to happen. I haven't read the books or looked at spoilers. Just speculation.

I sure hope the Starks end up on top of the Lannisters, the evil little King dies slowly, the imp survives and they have a sequel :p, get Jamie out of jail and let his smartass sword liven up the plot lines, The daughter gets to be Queen and we get to see more Dragon Mom's boobage.

BigRedChief 04-30-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8583980)

Man, his Dad must be proud now.

Bowser 04-30-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8584009)
Man, his Dad must be proud now.

On top of that, his sister lets him finish what he started on that horse ride to Pyke. Hawt.

BigRedChief 04-30-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8584017)
On top of that, his sister lets him finish what he started on that horse ride to Pyke. Hawt.

now were talking!:p

KcMizzou 04-30-2012 07:46 PM

Foreshadowing is great, but nobody wants it pointed out for them. Either you figure it out on your own, or you think back and realize "I should have seen that coming."

Having someone point it out is a spoiler, IMO. It's why I never answered pete's question in the first place.

Bowser 04-30-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8584026)
Foreshadowing is great, but nobody wants it pointed out for them. Either you figure it out on your own, or you think back and realize "I should have seen that coming."

Having someone point it out is a spoiler, IMO. It's why I never answered pete's question in the first place.

Just wait until Tyrion gets skull****ed by the baby dragons as Arya launches herself from a catapult all the way back to Winterfell, because she's small and can do it.

You're going to love it when the Knight's Watch break into Monty Python's Lumberjack routine, too. NEVER saw that one coming.

Bowser 04-30-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8584039)
Just wait until Tyrion gets skull****ed by the baby dragons as Arya launches herself from a catapult all the way back to Winterfell, because she's small and can do it.

You're going to love it when the Knight's Watch break into Monty Python's Lumberjack routine, too. NEVER saw that one coming.

Sorry. Spoiler.

NewChief 04-30-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8584039)

Things do get much funnier north of the wall once Santa Claus and his reindeer arrive.

Sfeihc 04-30-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8584017)

Keepin' it in the fam, Lannister style!

NewChief 04-30-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 8584131)
Keepin' it in the fam, Lannister style!

Spoiler!

Buck 04-30-2012 11:28 PM

Sorry, a couple things slipped past me.

Jon Snow says he fought and killed a "white?" What is he referring to?

I had difficulty understanding Jorah. Did he tell Dany that he loved her or something? Why were her eyes welling up?

Thanks.

KC_Connection 04-30-2012 11:39 PM

I assumed he meant white walker.

And Jorah didn't say he loved her (something about her being a good, kind-hearted queen), but it's getting pretty obvious that he does.

WildTurkey 04-30-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8584501)

I had difficulty understanding Jorah. Did he tell Dany that he loved her or something? Why were her eyes welling up?

Thanks.

He killed that white walker in Commander Mormont's quarters. That's what he was referring to.

NewChief 05-01-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8584501)

Thanks.

Wight. But yes, he's talking about the white walker he killed in Mormont's quarters.

Hawk 05-01-2012 05:39 AM

He told Dany that he looks at her and still can't believe she's real. It was clear he wants her. She realized Xaro was right about Jorah being in love with her so it got a little awkward.

Swanman 05-01-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8584676)
Wight. But yes, he's talking about the white walker he killed in Mormont's quarters.

Wights are the infantry in the white walker population. They are basically like zombies, unthinking. If you remember back to the first episode of season 1, those white walkers used strategy and were much smarter, so are not considered wights but something else which escapes me.

Buck 05-01-2012 07:51 AM

OK i didn't think that thing he killed was a white walker. I don't remember it looking like either of the white walkers we've seen so far.

allen_kcCard 05-01-2012 08:01 AM

Yeah, he killed a wight. Not a white (walker). If he killed a white walker, they would make a bigger deal of it and probably even be calling him something cool, like Snow Killer, or slayer, or something.

Hawk 05-01-2012 08:04 AM

In the books, the main evil beings are the Others or White Walkers, and the zombies they create out of dead people are the Wights. Jon killed a Wight. We have only seen the actual Others twice, once in the very first episode, and once when Jon saw one of them (or what appearerd to be one of them) taking Craster's son that he had left as a sacrifice.

NewChief 05-01-2012 08:22 AM

Duh. Right. He didn't kill a white walker. He killed a wight/zombie that came back from the dead.

Swanman 05-01-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8584831)
Duh. Right. He didn't kill a white walker. He killed a wight/zombie that came back from the dead.

It was just another case of the writers using a term from the book that was never explained in the show. Luckily they don't do it too often. The most egregious example was Melisandre calling Davos the "Onion Knight" before she gave birth. If folks are interested, I can spoiler tag the explanation for that.

eazyb81 05-01-2012 08:39 AM

I'm pretty intrigued by the the whole Qarth storyline right now. It seems like a normal town but you can tell something is off. Who the hell were those old twins? How did that masked woman know Jorah?

And what's the deal with the big black guy? I hope he doesn't try to turn Dany against Jorah.

From next week's preview it looks like they might try to steal a ship. That might not be a good idea.

Hawk 05-01-2012 08:48 AM

Qarth is a weird place. Pyat Pree is the creepy warlock guy (and one of the 13 that greeted her at the gates) who did the trick and made a copy of himself appear. He invited Dany to the House of the Undying to visit the warlocks of Qarth.

The identity of the masked lady is a mystery (as it was in the books too). It is interesting that she knew who Jorah was, and of course she is right about how EVERYONE will want Dany's dragons because dragons are fire made flesh, and fire is power.

Not sure where they are going with Xaro (the big black guy), his story on the show is a little different from the books so far. We'll see.

DJ's left nut 05-01-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8584798)
In the books, the main evil beings are the Others or White Walkers, and the zombies they create out of dead people are the Wights. Jon killed a Wight. We have only seen the actual Others twice, once in the very first episode, and once when Jon saw one of them (or what appearerd to be one of them) taking Craster's son that he had left as a sacrifice.

And finally Hawk gets the gold star.

I could really see people being confused as hell about some of this stuff if they hadn't read the books.

"Wait a minute...why the hell does that one have glowing eyes? WTF is a wight?"

All in due time, kiddos...

DJ's left nut 05-01-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8584842)
It was just another case of the writers using a term from the book that was never explained in the show. Luckily they don't do it too often. The most egregious example was Melisandre calling Davos the "Onion Knight" before she gave birth. If folks are interested, I can spoiler tag the explanation for that.

And Stannis referring to him being both a hero and a smuggler at one point.

They don't do it often, but they're going to have to do it even more as the story moves along, lest the series stretch out a decade.

KC_Connection 05-01-2012 09:44 AM

Yeah, didn't know there was a difference between white walkers and wights. Thought they were one in the same.

KcMizzou 05-01-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8584866)
I'm pretty intrigued by the the whole Qarth storyline right now. It seems like a normal town but you can tell something is off. Who the hell were those old twins? How did that masked woman know Jorah?

Are these the "old twins" you're referring too?

http://images.wikia.com/gameofthrone...yat_double.jpg

Minor book
Spoiler!

vailpass 05-01-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8586026)
Are these the "old twins" you're referring too?

http://images.wikia.com/gameofthrone...yat_double.jpg

Minor book
Spoiler!

Beauty job of casting. Creepy little ****er.

BigRedChief 05-01-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8585025)
Yeah, didn't know there was a difference between white walkers and wights. Thought they were one in the same.

Same here.

Bambi 05-01-2012 08:18 PM

Getting a bit boring.

grrrrr...

KcMizzou 05-01-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8585025)

That's kind of a fantasy geek thing.

Quote:

In its original usage the word wight described a living human being.[3] More recently, the word has been used within the fantasy genre of literature to describe undead or wraith-like creatures: corpses with a part of their decayed soul still in residence, often draining life from their victims. Notable examples of this include the undead Barrow-wights from the works of J. R. R. Tolkien and the wights of Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game.

In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels by George R. R. Martin, a race of zombie-like creatures - usually human characters who have been attacked and/or killed either by other wights or so-called white walkers - who have pallid skin and fierce ice-blue eyes, are referred to as 'wights'. They are described as being virtually impervious to all forms of attack, even forcibly amputated limbs are described as having sentience. Their only weakness is noted as being fire.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wight

The White Walkers are much more frightening. They're a race of their own, and they're in charge. The only time we've had a good look at one was in the beginning of the first episode. The wights, zombies or whatever are their underlings.

Aries Walker 05-01-2012 08:48 PM

Probably the thing I like the least about Martin's creation is his naming. It's bad enough that he has this sweeping fantasy epic peppered with characters named Jon, Jaime, and three (!) characters named Robb or Robert, but he really couldn't find another synonym for 'undead monster' - ghoul, perhaps - besides a homophone of another, mostly-similar kind of undead monster?

NewChief 05-01-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8586719)
Probably the thing I like the least about Martin's creation is his naming. It's bad enough that he has this sweeping fantasy epic peppered with characters named Jon, Jaime, and three (!) characters named Robb or Robert, but he really couldn't find another synonym for 'undead monster' - ghoul, perhaps - besides a homophone of another, mostly-similar kind of undead monster?

It may suck, but remember that he's patterned much of the series after the War of the Roses. How many Johns, Henrys, and Richards were involved?

Aries Walker 05-01-2012 09:09 PM

Tons, of course, but that was a time of actual history when something like 70% of male babies had one of four different names (believe me, I've spent plenty enough time keeping track of the Matildas and Henrys of the middle ages). This is an invented fantasy world with invented fantasy names, and I would think that he'd want distinctive character names to help the audience keep them straight. It's the same reason sitcoms and hour-dramas on TV don't have multiple characters named (for example) Mike or Kathy, even though real-life offices and classrooms usually do.

Plus, being fantasy, having that real-life element dropped in is kind of jarring. Maybe that's just me.

KcMizzou 05-01-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8586756)
It may suck, but remember that he's patterned much of the series after the War of the Roses. How many Johns, Henrys, and Richards were involved?

And there are plenty of Jaqen H'ghar's, Xaro Xhoan Daxos', and Pyat Pree's (etc.)

The people of Westeros tend to have somewhat familiar names. Others are more "foreign" intentionally. Never bothered me.

Hawk 05-01-2012 09:42 PM

I don't think the books actually refer to the Others as White Walkers. In the book it is the Others and the wights isn't it? I could be wrong. I thought I read that the show did not want to use the term "the Others" because I guess it was used on Lost (not sure, never watched Lost).

Pasta Little Brioni 05-01-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8586641)
Getting a bit boring.

grrrrr...

Keep your fail to the KU threads please.

Red Brooklyn 05-02-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8586862)
I don't think the books actually refer to the Others as White Walkers. In the book it is the Others and the wights isn't it? I could be wrong. I thought I read that the show did not want to use the term "the Others" because I guess it was used on Lost (not sure, never watched Lost).

the LOST thing may have been part of it. But I think David Benioff has said before that they wanted to avoid confusion. By saying "Others" all the time they were worried that people would constantly be asking "What others? Who do they mean?"

Because everyone is "other" to one faction or geographical group or another. But, yeah, I'm sure LOST had something to do with it as well. I guess you have to worry about all that kind of stuff, but it really feels like an unnecessary adjustment. Calling them The Others is so creepy! I love it. And I'm a huge LOST fan.

CHENZ A! 05-02-2012 07:37 AM

I think season 2 has been fantastic so far, look forward to Sunday nights all week. Arya's story line is getting really good. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I have this bad feeling that Tywinn(that's his name right?) knows exactly who she is. He seems to be more calm and calculating, like Tyrion is. I could be way wrong, but I almost feel like the Lannisters are someone you could root for if it weren't for Joffrey, and the incest.

NewChief 05-02-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8587284)
I think season 2 has been fantastic so far, look forward to Sunday nights all week. Arya's story line is getting really good. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I have this bad feeling that Tywinn(that's his name right?) knows exactly who she is. He seems to be more calm and calculating, like Tyrion is. I could be way wrong, but I almost feel like the Lannisters are someone you could root for if it weren't for Joffrey, and the incest.

In this, your guess is as good as those who have read the books. I won't spoiler it by saying what does occur in the books, but the whole Tywin/Arya is a total deviation. It's one of the more interesting changes, and I'm really curious to see how it plays out. I have no clue how they're going to juggle it.

Huffmeister 05-02-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8587211)
Because everyone is "other" to one faction or geographical group or another. But, yeah, I'm sure LOST had something to do with it as well. I guess you have to worry about all that kind of stuff, but it really feels like an unnecessary adjustment. Calling them The Others is so creepy! I love it. And I'm a huge LOST fan.

I think it was a necessary adjustment, based on the reasons you've given. "The Others" would be confusing since the narrative jumps around from faction to faction. And saying "the Others" to refer to the mysterious, unknown 'people' lurking in a uncharted area would have made me think of Lost every time.

And I actually like the change from "the Others" to "the White Walkers". It fits well in a fantasy setting, and it sounds really cool when said aloud in an English accent.

Red Brooklyn 05-02-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8587386)
I think it was a necessary adjustment, based on the reasons you've given. "The Others" would be confusing since the narrative jumps around from faction to faction. And saying "the Others" to refer to the mysterious, unknown 'people' lurking in a uncharted area would have made me think of Lost every time.

And I actually like the change from "the Others" to "the White Walkers". It fits well in a fantasy setting, and it sounds really cool when said aloud in an English accent.

Yeah, the phrasing is great. I like the term "White Walkers" a lot. If it had to change I'm glad it's something like that and not "Creatures From Beyond" or "Whooziwhatzees."

Aries Walker 05-02-2012 11:06 AM

Or "lamebrains".

Red Brooklyn 05-02-2012 11:41 AM

Or "Popsicles."

Sfeihc 05-02-2012 11:45 AM

Only about 75 pages until I finish "Clash of Kings" and am ready to dive right into "Storm of Swords". If you haven't read the books you should strongly consider it.

Hawk 05-02-2012 01:05 PM

Storm of Swords is awesome. I couldn't put it down. I would keep it with me driving to work and back just to read it while stuck at traffic lights.

vailpass 05-02-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8588356)
Storm of Swords is awesome. I couldn't put it down. I would keep it with me driving to work and back just to read it while stuck at traffic lights.

I might have shot out your rear view mirror while waiting behind you at a green light.
Sorry man, if I'd have known it was you that wouldn't have happened.

DJ's left nut 05-02-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8586862)

Yeah, they refer to them as the white walkers in the book fairly frequently, IIRC.

EDIT: The GOT wiki suggests that the wildlings refer to them as White walkers but the folks living in Westeros generally don't.

Setsuna 05-03-2012 10:41 AM

A Feast for Crows is a little weird for me when they don't have names on all the sub stories like the previous 3, just titles.

Swanman 05-03-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8591442)
A Feast for Crows is a little weird for me when they don't have names on all the sub stories like the previous 3, just titles.

If I remember, the book goes more traditional with the named titles later in the book. I think he only uses the goofy titles when introducing a new POV character.

Red Brooklyn 05-03-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8591623)
If I remember, the book goes more traditional with the named titles later in the book. I think he only uses the goofy titles when introducing a new POV character.

That's my recollection as well. The titles refer to the characters. Like nicknames. But it's still the same format as the other books. At least for the most part.

I can't remember exactly, but there might be a couple that are literally titles and not names of or references to the POV characters.

Hawk 05-03-2012 01:44 PM

They all refer tot he POV character, but sometimes they give insight into something about that character. This is the no-spoiler thread, but one example from the 5th book is...

Spoiler!

Red Brooklyn 05-04-2012 09:24 AM

Cool. Once again, thanks Hawk.

That's how I remembered it as well. Appreciate all your clarifications in this discussion.

And for people HAVE NOT read the books, you really DO NOT want to click on Hawk's spoiler tag.

DaFace 05-04-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8593876)

That's how I remembered it as well. Appreciate all your clarifications in this discussion.

And for people HAVE NOT read the books, you really DO NOT want to click on Hawk's spoiler tag.

Eh, chances are they wouldn't know WTF he is talking about. :)

Regarding the title issue, he seems to stick with character names most of the time unless he's 1) introducing a new POV character or 2) doing a single chapter from a POV that isn't a main character. He never did that much in the early books, but starts doing it a lot in the later ones.

Shag 05-04-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8593876)

Ugh. I'm re-reading books 1-4 before going into book 5, and hadn't expected a spoiler that far ahead in this thread...

Red Brooklyn 05-04-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 8594587)
Ugh. I'm re-reading books 1-4 before going into book 5, and hadn't expected a spoiler that far ahead in this thread...

Did you click on it? He warned everyone that it was a book 5 spoiler.

Shag 05-04-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8594701)
Did you click on it? He warned everyone that it was a book 5 spoiler.

Huh...I actually didn't even notice that until just now. Son of a...

BigRedChief 05-04-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 8594587)

It's labeled a spolier and you think its not a spoiler?

NewChief 05-04-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8595151)

He's exhausted all of his reading powers reading GRRM. Leave him alone!

Shag 05-05-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8595151)

I didn't blame Hawk - it was my own fault. Just annoyed that I read it. I didn't expect a book 5 spoiler in the non-spoiler thread about season 2, but if I'd paid more attention, it wouldn't have been an issue...

BigRedChief 05-05-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 8595723)
I didn't blame Hawk - it was my own fault. Just annoyed that I read it. I didn't expect a book 5 spoiler in the non-spoiler thread about season 2, but if I'd paid more attention, it wouldn't have been an issue...

cool beans.

QuikSsurfer 05-06-2012 05:50 PM

No new episode tonight?

keg in kc 05-06-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8598074)
No new episode tonight?

Should be. Pretty sure my DVR's recording one.

QuikSsurfer 05-06-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8598076)
Should be. Pretty sure my DVR's recording one.

Ugghhh.. I was looking at the wrong HBO channel --- as you were :shake:

petegz28 05-06-2012 08:06 PM

Not a spoiler, just an FYI, tonight's epsisode really strayed from the books

Sfeihc 05-06-2012 09:24 PM

Tonight was the first time where I thought it might be better to have not read the first two books. The departure from the book went across several story lines. I have a major case of the "WTF's" and "SMH's".

Tribal Warfare 05-06-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 8598472)
Tonight was the first time where I thought it might be better to have not read the first two books. The departure from the book went across several story lines. I have a major case of the "WTF's" and "SMH's".

was it so bad, that it'll be difficult to get back on track?

allen_kcCard 05-07-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8598798)

Naw, a lot of it looks like someone taking a shortcut to a destination by going offroad though some farmer's field.

Hawk 05-07-2012 06:23 AM

I think I can see where they are going with most of the differences, but the main one I hope they don't screw up is Jon Snow. He has some important scenes coming up that I really hope they don't alter completely, but it's hard to tell exactly where his changes from the book are going.

Sfeihc 05-07-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8598798)

The departures from the book in several story lines were probably done to make production easier. This was mentioned in the spoiler thread and makes sense.