ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

KcMizzou 11-16-2011 09:09 PM

<object classId="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="480" height="418" id="VideoPlayerLg56287"><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/56287" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/56287" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:480px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:#FF9B00;"><a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/ps3/index" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">PS3 Games</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/e3-2012/" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">E3 2012</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/64714/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim</a></div>

Mr. Laz 11-16-2011 09:29 PM

holy crap, i was just in the middle of a battle royal!!!

1 Frost Dragon
3 woolly mammoths
2 Giants
1 tiny,little battle mage trying not to get stomped(me :D )

pretty much everyone trying to kill the dragon

omg ... i'm actually sweating

Mr. Laz 11-16-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8115992)
She died on me a couple of times, too, but I just went back to my last save.

btw ... just found lydia back at the castle whitehall.

:shrug:

maybe the NPC's come back to life and return to where you picked them up.

Buck 11-17-2011 12:06 AM

Here's my player guys.

http://i.imgur.com/E8NxU.jpg

Fish 11-17-2011 12:12 AM

That mask is pretty badass...

Buck 11-17-2011 12:21 AM

Does the dress make me look fat?

Ming the Merciless 11-17-2011 12:39 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QlpxmlsPmbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 11-17-2011 08:45 AM

Sneak + Archery FTW

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bNWzNpEWZ_4?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 11-17-2011 09:17 AM

Finally was able to put in a couple solid hours into this last night. Did the very first dungeon they send you into (the one with the Golden Claw) and emerged a level 6. This game is freaking crazy - I saw a colony of ants working on a tree stump, just ridiculous.

My dual wielding monster is progressing quite well. Love their new leveling system, you actually have to make tough decision on how to spread your points. Looks like they took a lot of their good ideas from Fallout 3 and made them better.

P.S. Is it always one perk point per level?

Frazod 11-17-2011 09:31 AM

I learned that the dragons you meet on the main quest are much tougher than the random encounter dragons. Went up to one flailing away with my orcish sword - the goddamn thing grabbed me in its mouth, shook me a chew toy and then spit out my corpse. Ouch.

That happened at about 1:15 this morning, so it seemed prudent to call it a day. Will reconvene with that bad boy tonight.

Fire Me Boy! 11-17-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117543)
Finally was able to put in a couple solid hours into this last night. Did the very first dungeon they send you into (the one with the Golden Claw) and emerged a level 6. This game is freaking crazy - I saw a colony of ants working on a tree stump, just ridiculous.

My dual wielding monster is progressing quite well. Love their new leveling system, you actually have to make tough decision on how to spread your points. Looks like they took a lot of their good ideas from Fallout 3 and made them better.

P.S. Is it always one perk point per level?

Yes. One perk per level. Wonder if they instituted a level cap.

Pants 11-17-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8117581)

I sure hope not. One perk per level is awesome as you won't max out too fast (unless, like you said, they instituted a cap).

allen_kcCard 11-17-2011 09:49 AM

I need to figure out some good ways to push up my skills to use the perks where I want them. Heavy Armor and destruction for example. Destruction is going up ok, but heavy armor is creeping because I kill things so fast most times. Thinking of letting some single archers take shots at me while I heal for a while to see if that will skill it up some.

Pants 11-17-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8117602)
I need to figure out some good ways to push up my skills to use the perks where I want them. Heavy Armor and destruction for example. Destruction is going up ok, but heavy armor is creeping because I kill things so fast most times. Thinking of letting some single archers take shots at me while I heal for a while to see if that will skill it up some.

Yeah, same way as in Oblivion. You stand there and let a couple wolves (or something else that might befit your level) go at you while healing. You're leveling both Armor and Restoration at the same time. Also, for faster leveling, sneak as much as possible even if there's no reason to. Just be careful not to outlevel yourself (when you have perks, but can't use them on specific skills because you haven't been using them). Also, trainers are beneficial.

Dave Lane 11-17-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8112311)
Near the sleeping tree mammoth/giant camp there's a sniper's perch the giants can't get to. Lure them there and take them out. So broken.

My bow and archery skills are powerful enough now that I can take out giants just by firing two shots from cover for 3x sneak damage. :evil:

They also hate water. Run to a stream wade in they retreat pop back out shoot a couple arrows and jump back in. At 10th level it takes 20 or so shots to bring a giant down and one hit and you get launched into orbit literally.

Dave Lane 11-17-2011 10:02 AM

What do you use the perks for I have about 8-9 and not sure how they work? I'm trying to get destruction up and not having luck after the initial time.

Swanman 11-17-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8117581)

From what I read, there is a level 50 "soft cap". You can continue to level up to 70 but you stop getting perks after 50.

I get it today from Amazon, can't wait.

Pants 11-17-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8117653)
From what I read, there is a level 50 "soft cap". You can continue to level up to 70 but you stop getting perks after 50.

Why the **** would they do that? Seriously...

LE SIGH

allen_kcCard 11-17-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8117646)
What do you use the perks for I have about 8-9 and not sure how they work? I'm trying to get destruction up and not having luck after the initial time.

You do it in the constellations screen, skills when you don't have a level up to do. Just use the arrows to move around and select where you want to put new ones. It should show the skill you need to place in a slot, and what your current is.

Pants 11-17-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8117646)

Go to skills and invest points into those constellations. It's pretty self explanatory once you read the description under each star. For example, I'm putting my perks into One-Handed (for dual wielding) and into Heavy Armor. My one-handed weapons are now doing 40% more damage, use 25% less stamina on heavy attacks and dual wielding attacks are 20% faster (which is huge). My Heavy Armor items receive a 40% bonus to their rating.

allen_kcCard 11-17-2011 10:12 AM

I am pushing up only part of Descruction myself. Putting in for all the half costs on the tiers, dual spell, impact, and then only the shock increased damage with the incinerate one that can instakill low hp targets.

I'll also do heavy armor for the one that lets me move faster and have no wieght for heavy armors, and smithing to be able to craft those heavy armors. I might do some in archery as well, and maybe some in alchemy and/or enchanting. I need to look at a perks calculator again and plan it out.

Dave Lane 11-17-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8117659)
You do it in the constellations screen, skills when you don't have a level up to do. Just use the arrows to move around and select where you want to put new ones. It should show the skill you need to place in a slot, and what your current is.

Yeah it does, maybe i don't have enough perks to make the next level of the tree. It says you have 20 points need 30. Are these perks because the number isn't the same as the perks so i was a bit confused if they are like perks in New Vegas or something different.

Pants 11-17-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8117679)
Yeah it does, maybe i don't have enough perks to make the next level of the tree. It says you have 20 points need 30. Are these perks because the number is the same as the perks so i was a bit confused if they are like perks in New Vegas or something different.

Skills require proficiencies. Sounds like you're at 20 and need 30, you have to keep using that skill until you level it up to 30.

Proficiency =/= perks. You can be a 100 in Light Armor and never invest any perks into the tree. Your proficiencies increase automatically as you use your skills.

Skyy God 11-17-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8117225)
Here's my player guys.

http://i.imgur.com/E8NxU.jpg

That's it, I'm getting a dragon priest mask stat.

Frazod 11-17-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 8117698)
That's it, I'm getting a dragon priest mask stat.

I got something similar - gives me +20 speech and allows for an extra 20 pounts of inventory weight.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8117653)

This is wrong.

There IS a soft-cap at level 50. Skills take longer to increase. That's it. You start leveling slower. You still gain perks at every level gain.

I also understand that some quests will give you perks once finished, but I have not seen any.

Pants 11-17-2011 10:31 AM

Quick question: what is ore used in? Alchemy? I thought I would be able to smelt it into ignots and do some smithing, but it doesn't look that way.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 10:33 AM

The Mage's college quest line was weak. In Oblivion I stopped a long dead necromancer from coming back and enslaving the realm.

Spoiler!

Weak sauce guys. Considering that magic itself has been totally ****ed up (no spell crafting, hardly any daedra for conjuring) they could have at least made the questline worth my time.

That was underwhelming.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117712)
Quick question: what is ore used in? Alchemy? I thought I would be able to smelt it into ignots and do some smithing, but it doesn't look that way.

I'm also trying to figure this out. I got a transmutate spell that lets me turn all my iron/silver ore into gold... but as far as I know all I can do is sell it for a pittance.

lcarus 11-17-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8112271)

:LOL: That's so me in this game. I gotta be more disciplined and just run past shit.

QuikSsurfer 11-17-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8117717)
The Mage's college quest line was weak. In Oblivion I stopped a long dead necromancer from coming back and enslaving the realm. In Skyrim I stop a shady elf who is trying to do something unexplained using a tiny death star. I dive 2 ruins and kill an elf and they name me ArchMage. The final 'epic' battle of the questline was so pathetic I don't even want to mention it. Weak sauce guys. Considering that magic itself has been totally ****ed up (no spell crafting, hardly any daedra for conjuring) they could have at least made the questline worth my time.

That was underwhelming.

Everyone else here has been praising the Mage College quests, including me. Are you referring to the Staff of Magnus quest? That was no cake walk and you explore a good bit of ground.

Frazod 11-17-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117712)

Smithing. Most (but not all) of the blacksmith shops have a smelter (big dome looking thing). Go to the smelter and smelt ore into ingots - ingots are then used for crafting weapons, armor and jewelry.

Took me a while to figure out what the smelter was. They don't have one in Riverrun where you first get the training.

Pants 11-17-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8117789)
Smithing. Most (but not all) of the blacksmith shops have a smelter (big dome looking thing). Go to the smelter and smelt ore into ingots - ingots are then used for crafting weapons, armor and jewelry.

Took me a while to figure out what the smelter was. They don't have one in Riverrun where you first get the training.

Oh ok, that's what I thought they were for but saw no way to smelt the ore in Riverrun. That makes sense, thanks. Also, I wish the dude in Riverrun had more than 5 freaking steel ignots for sale. What a bum.

Skyy God 11-17-2011 11:06 AM

So, any recs on a good unique 1 handed sword? I need something better than my upgraded blades sword from the main storyline.

Frazod 11-17-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117794)
Oh ok, that's what I thought they were for but saw no way to smelt the ore in Riverrun. That makes sense, thanks. Also, I wish the dude in Riverrun had more than 5 freaking steel ignots for sale. What a bum.

After a few days ore in mines (you can take a pick ax and mine your own) and piles of ore you either take or steal reset.

I found a gold mine and looted the shit out of it - came away with like 70 pieces of gold ore. Combine gold or silver with gems to make jewelry at the blacksmith shop - great money maker and also raises your smithing skill.

Smelting and tanning do not raise skills, however.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8117766)
Everyone else here has been praising the Mage College quests, including me. Are you referring to the Staff of Magnus quest? That was no cake walk and you explore a good bit of ground.

No, I mean the fight
Spoiler!

It doesn't much compare to the mages guild quests in Morrowind or Oblivion in any way. Morrowind you damn near usurp the Arch Mage title, and in Oblivion the Mannimarco quest almost seemed more urgent than the main quest.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117794)

lol, his ignot collection was the first thing in Skyrim I stole. 5 iron and 5 steel. :p

Pants 11-17-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8117810)
After a few days ore in mines (you can take a pick ax and mine your own) and piles of ore you either take or steal reset.

I found a gold mine and looted the shit out of it - came away with like 70 pieces of gold ore. Combine gold or silver with gems to make jewelry at the blacksmith shop - great money maker and also raises your smithing skill.

Smelting and tanning do not raise skills, however.

Oh snap, I saw a pickaxe laying around somewhere but I had no idea you could mine ore. I'm sure there are a million of them laying around everywhere, Imma have to grab one and start farming that shit.

Pants 11-17-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8117827)
lol, his ignot collection was the first thing in Skyrim I stole. 5 iron and 5 steel. :p

My dual-wielding monster of a champion does not steal, good sir. I have no scruples unlocking other people's chests for that extra lockpicking skill increase, however. :thumb:

Skyy God 11-17-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8117827)

Alvor is 6 feet under in my game. Well, not buried, exactly, just lying next to his cart. He was the victim of a dragon attack on Riverwood, which appears to be the most attacked town in the game.

Frazod 11-17-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117828)
Oh snap, I saw a pickaxe laying around somewhere but I had no idea you could mine ore. I'm sure there are a million of them laying around everywhere, Imma have to grab one and start farming that shit.

Yep. When you go in the mines, look for areas with striped patterns - these are veins, and can either be a rocky pile on the ground or in the walls. When you approach them it will highlight as a usuable area. But you have to have the ax. You can generally get 2 chunks of ore from each vein, and occasionally gems as well. If you've cleared a mine, go back and look - once you find one then you'll know what to look for going forward. They all look alike - only difference is the color depending on what the metal is.

There are also veins in rocky/mountainous areas scattered throughout the map - I've only found two so far and have probably missed many more.

Pants 11-17-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 8117840)
Alvor is 6 feet under in my game. Well, not buried, exactly. He was the victim of a dragon attack on Riverwood, which appears to be the most attacked town in the game.

Damn, I haven't seen a single dragon save for the opening yet. Of course, 90% of my game time was spent getting to, through and out of the first dungeon.

Skyy God 11-17-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117833)
My dual-wielding monster of a champion does not steal, good sir. I have no scruples unlocking other people's chests for that extra lockpicking skill increase, however. :thumb:

Weak. Scruples are for suckers. ;)

Frazod 11-17-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 8117854)
Weak. Scruples are for suckers. ;)

I only steal from characters that annoy me. Sort of like a cranky Robin Hood.

Pants 11-17-2011 11:36 AM

I did wipe out Riverrrun for fun before logging off last night. I didn't save, of course.

Sofa King 11-17-2011 11:41 AM

I can't stop stealing in these games. Constantly stealing keys and shit from people. One of my favorite things to just see how much shit i can steal.

Skyy God 11-17-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117844)
Damn, I haven't seen a single dragon save for the opening yet. Of course, 90% of my game time was spent getting to, through and out of the first dungeon.

Can't go 5 minutes without running into one, but I'm level 27 or so. More dragon bones/scales and souls than I possibly need.

Frazod 11-17-2011 11:52 AM

There was one quest where I had to steal an item from one of the wealthy families in Whitehall. I figured as long as I was there......

Somehow they figured out it was me and sent a goon squad to kick my ass. It ended very badly for the goon squad, but there are repercussions for theft, even, apparently, if no one sees you.

Pants 11-17-2011 12:03 PM

Is there a reason I'm hauling around a 25 pound Dragonstone? It has a value of 0. Do they do anything?

Frazod 11-17-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117937)
Is there a reason I'm hauling around a 25 pound Dragonstone? It has a value of 0. Do they do anything?

It's a quest item. When you're done with it, you can get rid of it.

Pants 11-17-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8117941)
It's a quest item. When you're done with it, you can get rid of it.

Oh, thanks.

Pants 11-17-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 8117909)
Can't go 5 minutes without running into one, but I'm level 27 or so. More dragon bones/scales and souls than I possibly need.

Ahhh, so dragons are the new Oblivion gates, eh?

Frazod 11-17-2011 12:10 PM

There are two barrels near the blacksmith shop in Whitehall that I use for storage. Nothing's ever gone missing out of them. That's where I keep my excess crap that I can't sell but might have use for later in the game, especially crafting materials.

Hammock Parties 11-17-2011 12:15 PM

I have 100 smithing now.

Easy way to level up smithing: grab as many iron ingots or iron ores (to turn into ingots) as you can, and buy up as many leather strips as you can. Alternately, hunt a lot of animals, take their hides to the tanning rack and turn em into leather strips.

Now take all those ingots and leather strips and make as many iron daggers as you can. You will level up fast and easy. Don't bother trying to smith more advanced items, because you don't level up any faster.

Once you hit 90 smithing you can make legendary armor and weapons. Make sure you get the perks so you can make daedric stuff.

And if you level up your alchemy and enchanting trees you can enchant stuff to give you smithing bonuses and create potions to make your smithing more effective. Totally broken. :D

However, leveling up enchanting and alchemy takes longer from what I can tell.

Pants 11-17-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8117956)
There are two barrels near the blacksmith shop in Whitehall that I use for storage. Nothing's ever gone missing out of them. That's where I keep my excess crap that I can't sell but might have use for later in the game, especially crafting materials.

Buying a house not worth it?

Pants 11-17-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8117978)
I have 100 smithing now.

Easy way to level up smithing: grab as many iron ingots or iron ores (to turn into ingots) as you can, and buy up as many leather strips as you can. Alternately, hunt a lot of animals, take their hides to the tanning rack and turn em into leather strips.

Now take all those ingots and leather strips and make as many iron daggers as you can. You will level up fast and easy. Don't bother trying to smith more advanced items, because you don't level up any faster.

Once you hit 90 smithing you can make legendary armor and weapons. Make sure you get the perks so you can make daedric stuff.

And if you level up your alchemy and enchanting trees you can enchant stuff to give you smithing bonuses and create potions to make your smithing more effective. Totally broken. :D

Thanks for the tip. I wish they scaled the leveling, but oh well, I'll just make a bunch of daggers, I guess :)

Frazod 11-17-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117983)
Buying a house not worth it?

Haven't got around to it yet. I'm a werewolf now, so I don't get any bonuses from sleeping.

Hammock Parties 11-17-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8117991)
Thanks for the tip. I wish they scaled the leveling, but oh well, I'll just make a bunch of daggers, I guess :)

I think it's pretty horrible that you can craft the best weapon in the game yourself.

That shit should be loot.

Just picked up the strategy guide (700 pages long) and some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers...so tonight should be AWESOME.

Pants 11-17-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8118035)
I think it's pretty horrible that you can craft the best weapon in the game yourself.

Just picked up the strategy guide (700 pages long) and some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers...so tonight should be AWESOME.

Yeah, that was my main gripe about Oblivion. I was hoping they fixed that. ****ing Bethesda are the only ones that do reeruned shit like that.

Frazod 11-17-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

What level are you at now?

Hammock Parties 11-17-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8118047)
What level are you at now?

32 :evil:

The funny thing is I haven't even been to High Hrothgar yet. Can't wait to walk up the slope and destroy the troll everyone is having problems over with a flick of my wrist.

Also, speaking of the 7,000 steps, I read there are actually 7,000, and Todd Howard counted them all.

http://media.industrygamers.com/gall...d%20Howard.jpg

Frazod 11-17-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8118050)

The funny thing is I haven't even been to High Hrothgar yet. Can't wait to walk up the slope and destroy the troll everyone is having problems over with a flick of my wrist.

Holy crap, I thought I was bad. I'm at 28 now. LMAO

As for the ice troll, he greased me the first time, but after that I got him with arrows.

Mr. Laz 11-17-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8118056)
Holy crap, I thought I was bad. I'm at 28 now. LMAO

As for the ice troll, he greased me the first time, but after that I got him with arrows.

stop leveling so fast :cuss:

i gotta catch up :sulk:

Mr. Laz 11-17-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

hmmm, i killed him at level 7

of course i had to do a lot of running but still .....

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 8117840)
Alvor is 6 feet under in my game. Well, not buried, exactly, just lying next to his cart. He was the victim of a dragon attack on Riverwood, which appears to be the most attacked town in the game.

I have a 'trophy' in the streets of Riverwood.

I also have TWO trophies laying right smack in the middle of the Mage's College grounds. It's crazy.. twice I walked out of the Hall of Elements and had a dragon spitting fire right in my face immediately.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Also, speaking of the 7,000 steps, I read there are actually 7,000, and Todd Howard counted them all.

http://media.industrygamers.com/gall...d%20Howard.jpg

Every time I play this game I'll go to high hrothgar almost immediately from now on simply for the shout upgrades. Though I never actually use that shout.

I made that troll my bitch at level 8.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8117978)
I have 100 smithing now.

I've given no focus to enchanting and I've got the 60% perk and I'm almost to lvl 50.

I've gained most of it by learning enchantments and using soul gems to recharge my weapon. I also enchant rings and stuff to make them worth more when I sell them. Since I have the black azura's star grand souls are easy to find. Alchemy, on the other hand, seems to level up REALLY slow.

QuikSsurfer 11-17-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

The hardcover edition is pure sex.

QuikSsurfer 11-17-2011 01:23 PM

Anyone of the Dark Brotherhood quests? I started my 2nd mission last night -- pretty good shrouded armour set you pickup for joining.

Pants 11-17-2011 01:24 PM

We need a compendium of good utility items and where to find them (stuff that lets you carry more, or let's you find "grand souls" easier, whatever that means).

QuikSsurfer 11-17-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8118120)
We need a compendium of good utility items and where to find them (stuff that lets you carry more, or let's you find "grand souls" easier, whatever that means).

Activate the Steed Guardian Stone and get a extra 100 pounds for inventory and receive no movement penalty for armour. Easily the best guardian stone available.

Mr. Laz 11-17-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8118120)

i'm always overloaded

Anyone know where i can sell dragon bones or can you forget dragon armor from them somewhere?

Mr. Laz 11-17-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8118129)
Activate the Steed Guardian Stone and get a extra 100 pounds for inventory and receive no movement penalty for armour. Easily the best guardian stone available.

so where/how do you do that?

QuikSsurfer 11-17-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8118134)
so where/how do you do that?

Have you found Solitude or Fort Hraggstad?

here:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fCfNPD_ykc4?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

allen_kcCard 11-17-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8118130)
i'm always overloaded

Anyone know where i can sell dragon bones or can you forget dragon armor from them somewhere?

I read that you can keep them in a dragon corpse for storage....I have the ones I found back out on the same dragon I took them from by the western tower from the questline.

I assume you can use them to make stuff out of dragonbone/scales.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 01:50 PM

Bullshit. The starter on my truck died.

How can I fix my starter AND play skyrim at the same time!? It's not fair! :(

Pants 11-17-2011 01:50 PM

You can buy a house and safely store anything you want there.

Buck 11-17-2011 01:52 PM

I'm so far in as a pure Mage that I am sad I haven't delved into Enchanting or Smithing yet.

I'll have to do that on my next warrior build.

My destruction is damn near 80 and my Restoration is 70.

I think I'll start leveling my one-handed next.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8118177)
I read that you can keep them in a dragon corpse for storage....I have the ones I found back out on the same dragon I took them from by the western tower from the questline.

I assume you can use them to make stuff out of dragonbone/scales.

I think you can forge/upgrade dragon armor with them.

I only take the scales/bones if the dragon is out in BFE. If it's near a location I can fast travel to and I know I'll remember about it... I just leave them for later. The bones don't seem to go anywhere.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8118192)
I'm so far in as a pure Mage that I am sad I haven't delved into Enchanting or Smithing yet.

I'll have to do that on my next warrior build.

My destruction is damn near 80 and my Restoration is 70.

I think I'll start leveling my one-handed next.

I just want to find a spell absorption enchantment. I'll destroy it and enchant a full set of armor.

Nothing better than fighting mages who's magic does nothing but make you STRONGER! Muaha!