ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Rank alcohols for me. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318584)

Buns 11-01-2018 02:08 PM

Hi, my name is Buns, and I'm an alcoholic. For real. My last drink was the Monday after the wild card **** fest against the Titans. I believe it was an IPA, but I'm not sure.

I was mostly beer drinking. IPAs with >9% alcohol. Once in a while, a Jameson and ginger ale or Seven and seven. But I have drank everything; from 16 to 32, I wasn't too picky. I've made marks with Jack, Jim, Goose, Jose (OH man I have some Quervo stories.) I used to slum with 211, hurricanes, four loco. I used to do alcohol studies all the time on the strip.

Shit is poison, yet I still miss it. 3 months into not drinking, I saw a cooler full of PBR pints at the gas station. It might as well have been gold bars, the way I was looking at them. C'est la vie.

BottomShelfBoose 11-01-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13861732)
Rubbing Alcohol is a white liquor.. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I can't justify cost of good Gin But Gorden's is a great value. In the new green bottle

Same here, my liquor man is always trying to sell me on top shelf bull shit and I always tell him to **** right off and go slit his wrists and pour that gin right on

scho63 11-01-2018 02:11 PM

Craft Beer
$20+ Wines
True Scotch and Whisky
Quality Vodka
Italian Digestivo Liqueurs
Premium Tequila
Kentucky Bourbons
Upper End Cuban and Haitian Rum
Smooth Brand Label Gin
Brand Name Liqueurs like Bailey's, Chambord, Tuaca, Frangelica, Jagermeister
Champagne

AMERICAN BEERS LIKE BUD, COORS LIGHT, AND NATTY CRAP
FLAVORED ALCOHOL LIKE BANANA RUM, FIREBALL, APPLE WHISKY
ALL OFF LABEL AND WELL-SHIT TASTING LIQUORS
$7 OR LESS WINE

ClevelandBronco 11-01-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buns (Post 13861736)
Hi, my name is Buns, and I'm an alcoholic. For real. My last drink was the Monday after the wild card **** fest against the Titans. I believe it was an IPA, but I'm not sure.

I was mostly beer drinking. IPAs with >9% alcohol. Once in a while, a Jameson and ginger ale or Seven and seven. But I have drank everything; from 16 to 32, I wasn't too picky. I've made marks with Jack, Jim, Goose, Jose (OH man I have some Quervo stories.) I used to slum with 211, hurricanes, four loco. I used to do alcohol studies all the time on the strip.

Shit is poison, yet I still miss it. 3 months into not drinking, I saw a cooler full of PBR pints at the gas station. It might as well have been gold bars, the way I was looking at them. C'est la vie.

Give yourself a massive break, my friend. Your brain is still healing. I promise, it all gets really great when we put in the effort to examine and address all the reasons behind our -ism.

Looking at that cooler of PBR will have no effect at all on you down the road.

Easy 6 11-01-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13861654)
This has taken over Los Angeles and Palm Springs for the past three summers:

http://www.melandrose.com/istarimage...02-19536_d.jpg

No sugar. But made from sugar. 5% by volume. Little hangover. No aftertaste like Zima and not a malt liquor like Zima.

Basically it tastes like a LaCroix with the same alcohol by volume as a beer but none of the filling and bloatedness.

Basically it's the perfect pool drink. I'd say invest in it but it's owned by Boston Brew Company that makes Sam Adams.

All of those Trump hating Angelinos unwittingly supporting a company that supports Trump... you just gotta love it

It does sound interesting, I'd like to try one

cooper barrett 11-01-2018 02:23 PM

Personally, I am a still pot, small batch, single pot, single malt, or even "cask finished Irish Whisky lover, I love them all..

I prefer Redbreast 12 as a standard but there are lots of great bottles of Irish to try.

Discuss Thrower 11-01-2018 02:24 PM

Though it wasn't going down smooth last night, I'm a yuge fan of Crown Royal Vanilla. Especially if you keep it in the freezer.

Shag 11-01-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13861771)
Personally, I am a still pot, small batch, single pot, single malt, or even "cask finished Irish Whisky lover, I love them all..

I prefer Redbreast 12 as a standard but there are lots of great bottles of Irish to try.

I just got turned on to Redbreast 12 last year, and absolutely love it. Always have a bottle of that on hand.

BWillie 11-01-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13861525)
Oh there definitely is. Have a friend when she drinks Jack she gets argumentative. Another on vodka does the same.

A few of us were talking about how different alcohols affect different people. One was a bartender. He said he liked the warm buzz of wine. I then asked him why he usually drinks southern comfort. He responded that it makes him smart and witty.

I think that is a just something people want to believe. No matter what I drink - beer, vodka, tequila, whisky, wine - the only thing that matters is how drunk I am and what mood I'm in. One type of alcohol doesn't make me do weirder things than others.

L.A. Chieffan 11-01-2018 02:33 PM

Different alcohol definitely affects personalty differently. Tequila is party drink, Jager will turn me into the biggest asshole on the planet. Ive lost many friends after a night with Jager.

KCUnited 11-01-2018 02:34 PM

Me coming in from mowing the lawn.

https://i.imgur.com/919ogeb.jpg?2

Kiimo 11-01-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13861769)
All of those Trump hating Angelinos unwittingly supporting a company that supports Trump... you just gotta love it

It does sound interesting, I'd like to try one

I do enjoy some Truly and Chick-Fil-A, even if Donald Trump should be burned alive.

O.city 11-01-2018 02:42 PM

Try different things, find what you like.

I’m a scotch and whisky guy, but I enjoy vodka and rum as well.

I may have a problem

Dartgod 11-01-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 13861800)
Different alcohol definitely affects personalty differently. Tequila is party drink, Jager will turn me into the biggest asshole on the planet. Ive lost many friends after a night with Jager.

A good friend of mine was always a happy drunk, but Long Island iced teas turned him into an instant asshole.

Easy 6 11-01-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13861820)
...even if Donald Trump should be burned alive.

I'd ask why, but its best left for DC