ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Shaquem Griffin. Would U draft him? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314243)

rico 03-05-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13450911)
Damn I hate to hear that but otoh it sounds like he just rolled with it and didn't let it hold him back from doing what he wanted to do.

But yeah, one hand vs. two hands is a BIG difference no matter how badly people are pulling for the guy.
I'm hoping for him too.
But a one-handed LB in the NFL is a risk.

He made the most of it...he got some good laughs out of us by putting his “stub” through his zipper in his pants and making it appear as if he had this huge shlong sticking out of his pants. It was really funny.

His nickname was 50 Cent...ironically, this was before the rapper 50 Cent came out...this was in 1997-1998. Anyways, one time, he and I were razzing each other...totally joking with each other. He referenced the Rico Suave song and was like, “yeah, Rico Suave...eating boys’ butts like sushi!” And I came back with something mean...I was like, “yeah 50 PERcent...of your hands!!!” He thought it was hilarious...laughed his ass off. He made light of it.

rico 03-05-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13450903)
Damn....

Wow... that’s messed up.

vailpass 03-05-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13450928)
He made the most of it...he got some good laughs out of us by putting his “stub” through his zipper in his pants and making it appear as if he had this huge shlong sticking out of his pants. It was really funny.

His nickname was 50 Cent...ironically, this was before the rapper 50 Cent came out...this was in 1997-1998. Anyways, one time, he and I were razzing each other...totally joking with each other. He referenced the Rico Suave song and was like, “yeah, Rico Suave...eating boys’ butts like sushi!” And I came back with something mean...I was like, “yeah 50 PERcent...of your hands!!!” He thought it was hilarious...laughed his ass off. He made light of it.

:thumb: One of the reasons its great to be a guy.

big nasty kcnut 03-05-2018 10:26 AM

Come on with his combine stats i take a chance on him.

gblowfish 03-05-2018 10:48 AM

50% less chance he'll get a hands to the face penalty...

raybec 4 03-05-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13450896)
He's everything our defense was missing last year

Pump the brakes man, he's not a run stuffing DL or a dominant pass rusher, or a competent coordinator.

ForeverChiefs58 03-05-2018 11:07 AM

"I think he's got a chance [to be drafted], absolutely," said one NFL scout, who declined to be identified because they were disclosing internal information. "I think he could go later in the draft.”

Shaquem is a good talker — and a huge Seahawks fan. His chance of playing with his brother are about 1 in 32.

vailpass 03-05-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13451019)

Good point.
If he's called for a hold would it be a 5 yard penalty?

ForeverChiefs58 03-05-2018 11:27 AM

No matter where he plays, I’ll wish him the best. Great story.

Not sure he’ll be near as good as his workouts suggest though.

The NFL is much different than college. I think that’s why we see so many Chiefs players who fail to wrap up and make a tackle.

What they could do in college is different because the player they are tackling is way better than what most saw on a weekly basis in college.

There are some that seem to only want him for his story. It feels good when someone can overcome such a serious injury.

No way does he go before his twin brother with both hands went at the end of the 3rd though unless a team drafts with their heart over his story.

I’m sure there are some who would want the drummer from Def Leppard if he had a good 40 time. Even if you showed them a photograph of his injury, they would say he’d play like an animal, and nobody would be foolin him.

OmahaChief 03-05-2018 11:49 AM

My concern with him is that the NFL talent is so much better than the scrubs he played against most weeks. I think he might have a hard time fighting off blockers with only one hand and his nub arm.

He obviously is very talented and deserves a shot but he would be a late round pick for me no matter what. I wish him the best of luck and would love to see him kill it in the NFL.

saphojunkie 03-05-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13450273)
DJ dropped so many picks you'd think he had no hands

Beat me by four pages.

Also, this dude probably isn't gonna get called for a facemask.

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13451019)

I have no original comments on this subject.

Pitt Gorilla 03-05-2018 01:46 PM

As with any good player, part of me hopes he drops and can be picked up by the Chiefs with a late pick.

A8bil 03-05-2018 03:49 PM

I doubt you'll find a harder worker on the field. Guy's an inspiration.

raybec 4 03-05-2018 04:19 PM

He's also not a Mormon, so I doubt we draft him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13450884)
Finally someone else speaks up. It's the NFL not college. The legitimate question as to whether he can grip,grab, and shed adequately at the pro level makes him a gamble best suited for the lower rounds.

I suspect some are allowing the feel-good story to cloud their judgement.

I absolutely get where you're coming from on this and those factors MUST be taken in to account.
That said, I see a level of intelligence, passion, and determination that could very possibly offset the concerns.
He'd fit like a glove on this Reid team.