ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs announce that Derrick Johnson will be allowed to test free agency in March (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313913)

Chief Roundup 02-13-2018 07:01 PM

Tweet and Thread title is wrong/misleading.
DJ is gone. There is no "testing" FA for him.

ping2000 02-13-2018 07:05 PM

Nice dude, but Sutton can outrun him. Bye.

okcchief 02-13-2018 07:14 PM

How much cap space are we looking total with this move and assuming we let Tamba go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COchief 02-13-2018 07:18 PM

Wow, what a class act to say all of those nice things and also bright biz wise. J Charles should have asked DJ how to handle an adios like a man before he stomped off to the Donks, who hilariously royally screwed him out of a 1/2 mill incentive late in the season.

Easy 6 02-13-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 13415859)
Wow, what a class act to say all of those nice things and also bright biz wise. J Charles should have asked DJ how to handle an adios like a man before he stomped off to the Donks, who hilariously royally screwed him out of a 1/2 mill incentive late in the season.

Yeah, he is clearly a savvy businessman who doesnt wanna burn bridges or business opportunities... KC can be his oyster for life, no need to burn bridges over business

JC, bless his heart, didnt know any better and let himself get took by a snake

COchief 02-13-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13415871)
JC, bless his heart, didnt know any better and let himself get took by a snake

Yeah, I almost felt bad for him because he truly is a moron, I was torn between laughing at him and feeling sorry for him after his tirade and subsequent signing with Denver. I can't imagine the shame of going to a division rival for revenge, fumbling away a touchdown to your old team as your only notable action, and then said revenge team benching you for the final few games to gank you out of an easily achievable incentive for $500k. I guess some get physical gifts and others get mental ones, easy to see where the JC sliders are set.

KCrockaholic 02-13-2018 07:53 PM

A few fun, long Chiefs careers have been wasted these last 15 years or so.

DJ, Hali, Colquitt, Jamaal, Eric Berry is nearing that point (although he still has a chance to win something big here).

Chiefaholic 02-13-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 13415514)
Figured they would announce Hali before this. Hali is a much easier decision. Glad we are making changes sounds like the Mellinger article was right. Loved DJ, thanks for the memories and good luck!

I admit to being too lazy to see the cap hit with the remainder of his bonus. But, it could possibly be a post June 1 cut to divide the hit between two seasons.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2018 08:13 PM

Good Chief, great guy.

May his replacement be twice the above.

KCrockaholic 02-13-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13415967)
Good Chief, great guy.

May his replacement be twice the above.

That's a touuugh task. DJ was special. I hope Ragland can just come somewhat close to everything DJ meant to KC for a short period of time.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13415975)
That's a touuugh task. DJ was special. I hope Ragland can just come somewhat close to everything DJ meant to KC for a short period of time.

An interesting juxtaposition that an offensive head coach/coordinator managed to rejuvenate his career, pulling the best years out of him from 2009 to present.

Strongside 02-13-2018 09:44 PM

As much sense as this move makes, it still bums me out. Dude might just be my favorite chief of all time.

Mother****erJones 02-13-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13416110)
As much sense as this move makes, it still bums me out. Dude might just be my favorite chief of all time.

I remember recording that draft because I had to work. I came home and saw that we got him and went crazy. He was the one guy in that draft I really wanted.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-13-2018 09:54 PM

ILB is a pretty big need right now... only Ragland and Eligwe under contract.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13416121)
ILB is a pretty big need right now... only Ragland and Eligwe under contract.

I know some people are somewhat pumped about Ragland, but that's one pretty 'meh' spot on the roster as it stands today.

SO much work to be done on that side of the ball, it's too bad we couldn't sustain the performances on D and special teams that we had for the first two years of the Reid era...