ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The fascinating potential and unrealistic pressure awaiting Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313158)

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13353860)
He won't be Alex, that's for sure...

Thank ****ing god for that.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13353807)
The defense is already fixed.

They allowed 18.3 PPG over the last eight games.

We're going to add two or three new starters and start face-raping people.

They gave up 18 unanswered points against the ****ing shitty Titans.

Good grief.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 13353809)
We could have in the neighborhood of $40,000000 to $50,000,000 to make some changes. Smith, DJ, Hali, and a few others who have been listed here. Plus a few draft picks. If we can't improve the defense, Veach may not be the man for the job of GM.

LMAO

Have you LOOKED at the available free agents? It's a bad year.

And $40-$50 million? What the ****?

On top of that, the Chiefs don't have a 1st or a 5th round pick so making a judgment like that about Veach would be ****ing stupid.

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13353880)

Good grief.

Hey, we just didn't have adequate talent. Clay told me so.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13353856)
We desperately need a pass rush from someone not named Justin Houston or Chris Jones.

And depth and better cornerbacks and safeties and defensive lineman and OLBers.

This defense needs a lot of new parts.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13353880)

Good grief.

From my point of view, they were so dominant on defense for a half all the offense needed to do was get a FG in the second half to win.

We'll be fine.

hitchief 01-11-2018 12:01 PM

well, i think its at least AFC championship game or bust.

We will have the most complete O in the Reid years.

We know have a qb that can see the entire field and will never miss a wide open wr.

We have a qb that can throw open wr's that don't get separation.

We have a qb that can and will take chances and make the tight throws into coverage.

We have a qb that will have more pocket presence and not get happy feet.

And we have a qb that the D wont stack the line to stop the run because they are afraid of his cannon arm.

All adds up to SB really. Cause we all know we only have to score more to win as the D is never to blame and holds down the score enough to win all of these games we've been losing in the playoffs. Don't see any other way to look at it really. I've been convinced and converted and have seen the light and cant wait for the promised land.

Now on to all your excuses which we were told don't hold any water.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13353892)
From my point of view, they were so dominant on defense for a half all the offense needed to do was get a FG in the second half to win.

We'll be fine.

That's because your Point Of View is twisted and skewed.

The Chiefs gave up 18 points to a shitty offense and team that had been 1-3 in the month of December.

This defense has zero depth at ANY position and it's going to take more than one offseason for it to become a Top Ten, Championship caliber defense.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 13353895)

Next year?

LMAO

Dumb AF

Sassy Squatch 01-11-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13353892)

We'll be fine.

Alex Smith was dominant in the 1st half. Didn't mean ****ing shit.

ARROW2 01-11-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 13353895)

We will have the most complete O in the Reid years.

We know have a qb that can see the entire field and will never miss a wide open wr.

We have a qb that can throw open wr's that don't get separation.

We have a qb that can and will take chances and make the tight throws into coverage.

We have a qb that will have more pocket presence and not get happy feet.

And we have a qb that the D wont stack the line to stop the run because they are afraid of his cannon arm.

All adds up to SB really. Cause we all know we only have to score more to win as the D is never to blame and holds down the score enough to win all of these games we've been losing in the playoffs. Don't see any other way to look at it really. I've been convinced and converted and have seen the light and cant wait for the promised land.

Now on to all your excuses which we were told don't hold any water.

don't be surprised if Mahomes matches and surpasses Alex's playoff wins in KC NEXT YEAR! he only needs ONE. Again, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.. Save your keystrokes.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-11-2018 12:07 PM

I fully expect a bunch of people, mostly Alexsexuals, to go crazy every time Mahomes throws an INT.

'He doesn't manage the game properly!!!' They will scream...

pugsnotdrugs19 01-11-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13353802)
If the Chiefs can't fix their defense, Mahomes could throw for 5,000 yards and they would likely end up 7-9 or worse.

That's hyperbole. The defense wasn't good this year and they still won 10, with a chance to win a few more on the final drives. They never really got whooped in a single game, other than maybe Dallas.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13353914)
That's hyperbole.

Bull ****ing shit.

The Titans mandhandled them in the second half of the playoff game and made them look like ragdolls.

They won 10 games because the AFC West ****ing sucked ass this year, which is something I don't expect next year. Gruden is definitely a better coach than Del Rio and the Chargers went 9-7 while starting out 0-4.

This isn't going to be a cakewalk in 2018 and if the Chiefs can't make serious upgrades to their defense, they aren't winning shit in the postseason and maybe not even 7 games in the regular season.

ARROW2 01-11-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13353909)
I fully expect a bunch of people, mostly Alexsexuals, to go crazy every time Mahomes throws an INT.

'He doesn't manage the game properly!!!' They will scream...

Just keep focused on that 1-4 playoff record, throw it in their faces EVERY time and shove it down their ****ing throats.