ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***OFFICIAL Hall of Fame Induction thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309159)

SAUTO 08-06-2017 10:38 AM

Manning came in when they were 5-4.

Warner didn't lose 8 games in a row by anything i can find...

Rain Man 08-06-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12993991)
i never knew this, but marcus allen was never an oakland raider. interesting bit. :D

That is indeed interesting. That's a good question for making money on a bar bet.

Red Dawg 08-06-2017 10:40 AM

Warner had many years of nothing special. He was replaced by the Rams and Giants.

He's hardly one of the best anyone ever saw. Not even close to top twenty in yards. Numerous crappy seasons.

Rain Man 08-06-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 12994352)
Warner had many years of nothing special. He was replaced by the Rams and Giants.

He's hardly one of the best anyone ever saw.

I think it comes down to the debate we have every year. Is a player with a short period of utter dominance a Hall of Famer, and is a player with a very long above-average career a Hall of Famer? It's clear that a player with a long and utterly dominant career is in, but those are exceedingly rare - the Willie Laniers and Buck Buchanans and Will Shields guys. It's those guys on the two borders of greatness and longevity who make for the interesting and controversial decisions.

Hammock Parties 08-06-2017 10:51 AM

Kurt Warner took two different teams to the Super Bowl, compiled a 102.8 QB rating in the postseason and is the 10th highest rated passer in league history.

Every other QB in the top 10 is in or is going in to the HOF (sans Romo). Why not Warner, considering he's one of the best postseason QBs ever?

Only three QBs have taken different teams to the SB: Mannning, Craig Morton and Warner. And Warner actually was the driving force behind both teams, unlike Manning or Morton.

RealSNR 08-06-2017 11:28 AM

As that one cartoon described it years ago, "I just took the Arizona ****ing Cardinals to the ****ing Super Bowl!"

Kurt Warner goes in the HOF. Dylan, I respect your dislike of the guy, but you've got a Giants-centric view of the world. You need to get another perspective on Warner, because he's much more than just the guy who made you really frustrated when he played for your team.

notorious 08-06-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12993664)
Any chance Charles makes the Hall? I mean Davis did

Davis has rings. Charles has nothing.

notorious 08-06-2017 11:33 AM

Warner at QB looked completely different than anyone else when he got the job in St. Louis.

The ball came out very quickly, and very precise. The pace of the Ram's offense was insane for that era.

Coach 08-06-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12993825)
Sorry 5-13 playoff record isn't HOF worty. And with out Montana. It would be worse.

Marty isn't a HOF coach.

But he did take two franchises who were in very bad shape, and turned them around to a annual contenders, and the Chargers were on their way before he got fired because of some GM who was a moron to begin with anyways.

I was reading this article and came across this line...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...mer-chuck-knox

Quote:

For example, while data has shown that fumble recoveries are random, Schottenheimer's opponents recovered an incredible 15 of 15 fumbles in the games culminating with The Drive, The Fumble and McCree's miscue (hat tip: Jason Lisk of The Big Lead).
And taking out the kicker who shall not be named...

Quote:

Schottenheimer once lost a playoff game to Miami that hinged in part on fourth-quarter turnovers by Joe Montana (red zone interception) and Marcus Allen, Hall of Famers both.
That's just very bad luck.

Coach 08-06-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12993991)
i never knew this, but marcus allen was never an oakland raider. interesting bit. :D

Yes, because he and Al Davis had a really bad feud at the time.

KChiefs1 08-06-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12993686)
LT talking about slaves and politics and than gave a shoutout to Obama

NFLN really playing up his speech.

Dylan 08-06-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12994429)
As that one cartoon described it years ago, "I just took the Arizona ****ing Cardinals to the ****ing Super Bowl!"

Kurt Warner goes in the HOF. Dylan, I respect your dislike of the guy, but you've got a Giants-centric view of the world. You need to get another perspective on Warner, because he's much more than just the guy who made you really frustrated when he played for your team.

To be honest with you, I have no recollection of Kurt Warner's entire career. There were times spent on the horse jumping circuit - and other times spent overseas. Therefore, reading articles or opinion pieces were the way to go.

I have always admired talented athletes - and those athletes play for other NFL teams - Players in the NFC East. It makes no difference.

I had admired Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson including current players on the Chiefs roster - that is how I found CP.

A quote from one of my horse trainers: "Beauty is what beauty does."

In other words, you cannot pick a horse on looks alone - However, I made sure to come away with the 16'2 - 16'3 beautiful Thoroughbred bay gelding, one that was more talented than I was. This way when I misjudged the exact strides and paces approaching a fence the horse self corrected. Not always though...

Who knows why I thought of that to right about in this post...Perhaps "Beauty is what beauty does." :D

Nickhead 08-07-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 12994451)
Yes, because he and Al Davis had a really bad feud at the time.

no, my point was that he was only a LA Raider, never played in Oakland :D