ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL Walterfootball.com Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302818)

BryanBusby 01-28-2017 09:36 PM

Mahomes is probably going to end up in Houston, a few spots before KC, because **** us ever getting a QB.

Chief Northman 01-28-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12714902)
Mahomes is probably going to end up in Houston, a few spots before KC, because **** us ever getting a QB.

Mahomes to Houston has been rumored.

kcchiefsus 01-29-2017 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12714902)

We know the Chiefs don't have the balls to trade up for a guy they really want.

philfree 01-29-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12715331)
We know the Chiefs don't have the balls to trade up for a guy they really want.

You mean a guy Chiefs Planet really wants.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-29-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 12715719)
You mean a guy Chiefs Planet really wants.

Either/or.

I believe Dorsey would make a bold move if the time and player were right. Dorsey doesn't strike me as a draft coward.

kcchiefsus 01-29-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12715734)
Either/or.

I believe Dorsey would make a bold move if the time and player were right. Dorsey doesn't strike me as a draft coward.

I'll believe it when I see it. He already had the chance to sit on his ass and draft Derek Carr and he passes for ****ing Dee Ford. I have no more faith in him to draft a QB than I did in Peterson or Pioli.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-29-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12715747)
I'll believe it when I see it. He already had the chance to sit on his ass and draft Derek Carr and he passes for ****ing Dee Ford. I have no more faith in him to draft a QB than I did in Peterson or Pioli.

They had already committed to Smith with the extension. As others have pointed out, the Chiefs are in a better position to cut ties with Smith now. But yeah, I can understand your frustration.

Mephistopheles Janx 01-29-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12715893)
They had already committed to Smith with the extension. As others have pointed out, the Chiefs are in a better position to cut ties with Smith now. But yeah, I can understand your frustration.

I think that we are, what... 7mil on the hook for Smith if he gets cut/traded this season?

Yup, this is the first time it has been cap friendly to move away from Smith.

The Franchise 02-08-2017 10:30 AM

27. Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri

The Chiefs could go in a ton of directions with this pick, and it wouldn't surprise me if they moved down as a result of Quenton Nelson returning to Notre Dame. If the Chiefs stay put, they could consider a talented pass-rusher. Sure, they already have Justin Houston, Tamba Hali and Dee Ford, but Hali won't be around much longer, while Ford is entering his contract year. Ford could command more money on the open market than the Chiefs are willing to pay him, and if so, this new edge rusher will come in handy.

59. Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh

Andy Reid committed to Alex Smith for next season, but that doesn't mean that he won't spend an early-round selection on a quarterback to eventually take over for his mediocre starter.

91. Montravius Adams, DE/DT, Auburn

Andy Reid loves bolstering the trenches, and I imagine he'll do so after seeing his defense get gashed against the run all year.

122. Duke Riley, LB, LSU

Derrick Johnson is a 34-year-old coming off a torn Achilles that he suffered in December. It's highly unlikely that he'll be ready for the 2017 campaign, so the Chiefs need to find a new inside linebacker to play next to Ramik Wilson.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-08-2017 10:31 AM

No to Peterman. Alex v2.0

The Franchise 02-08-2017 10:33 AM

That mock is like a worst case scenario for us. ****ing Watson and Mahomes go in the 5 picks before ours. Just trade the **** up and take one.

Hoover 02-08-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12732701)
27. Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri

The Chiefs could go in a ton of directions with this pick, and it wouldn't surprise me if they moved down as a result of Quenton Nelson returning to Notre Dame. If the Chiefs stay put, they could consider a talented pass-rusher. Sure, they already have Justin Houston, Tamba Hali and Dee Ford, but Hali won't be around much longer, while Ford is entering his contract year. Ford could command more money on the open market than the Chiefs are willing to pay him, and if so, this new edge rusher will come in handy.

59. Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh

Andy Reid committed to Alex Smith for next season, but that doesn't mean that he won't spend an early-round selection on a quarterback to eventually take over for his mediocre starter.

91. Montravius Adams, DE/DT, Auburn

Andy Reid loves bolstering the trenches, and I imagine he'll do so after seeing his defense get gashed against the run all year.

122. Duke Riley, LB, LSU

Derrick Johnson is a 34-year-old coming off a torn Achilles that he suffered in December. It's highly unlikely that he'll be ready for the 2017 campaign, so the Chiefs need to find a new inside linebacker to play next to Ramik Wilson.

We get a 5th year option on Ford right? So we really control him for two more seasons.

Mephistopheles Janx 02-08-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 12732704)
No to Peterman. Alex v2.0

I tend to agree.

Pros: Good pocket presence, athletic, strong runner, above average arm strength.

Cons: Never has had more than 193 completions in a season. Has never been asked to throw a lot at all as he comes from a Power Run offense and we happen to have some ??? at RB. Will need a lot of work on his accuracy if he will become anything in the NFL.

raybec 4 02-08-2017 04:31 PM

Go through Campbell's mock on that sight, he has Watson falling into the low 50's, the Chiefs taking an undersized slot receiver in the first, and Corey Davis going two picks after us.

Quesadilla Joe 02-09-2017 07:59 AM

Daniel Jeremiah has KC taking Budda Baker in his most recent mock...

Quote:

Budda Baker, S, Washington

Eric Berry is due to become a free agent, and Baker has a similar skill set.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/mock-d...eremiah/335600