ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Demaryius Thomas signs long term deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293419)

Bob Dole 07-16-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11601890)
That is the point. Elway was dealt the best hand when Manning was available. Can you remember a HOF caliber QB that was available in free agency? The last example of that that I can think of was when we got Joe Montana 20 years earlier. It's incredibly rare.

When Manning retires, he's on a level playing field like the rest of the league and will have to either draft one (these QB's are extremely rare), trade for some mid level player like Alex (because franchise QB's are very rarely or available) or roll with Assweiler.

We will find out how good Elway is after Manning is gone.

Cheaters will find a way to get Luck.

MagicHef 07-16-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11601841)
I hope you have enjoyed the Manning era because the door is about to slam shut.

Next year you guys will cut Manning, Clady and probably Talib to make room to get Miller and a few other guys signed.

Better hope draft picks pan out

I'm fairly confident that Manning will be a Bronco until he retires. That may be after this year, but I don't see the Broncos cutting him.

Clady is probably gone, he costs way too much for a guy who never seems to play. Talib is probably gone, based on the structure of his contract, I think that's what they were planning on. Ware is in the same boat, his cap hit skyrockets and his dead money drops after 2015.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-16-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 11601844)
some of us agree with you...a DT type of receiver would make Smith look good.

How dare you refer to that trash as DT. There was only one.

Rausch 07-16-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11602040)
I'm fairly confident that Manning will be a Bronco until he retires. That may be after this year, but I don't see the Broncos cutting him.

He's clearly hit his "Montana Wall."

Hootie 07-16-2015 11:46 AM

It's laughably hilarious to me that Chiefs fans are writing off Peyton Manning ... especially in the regular season.

Ok morons.

...and someone really ranked Peyton as the 7th best player in the AFC West, eh? Hahahahaha.

Until I see otherwise, we're still shooting for the 5 seed, at best, until #18 hangs them up

Pasta Little Brioni 07-16-2015 11:51 AM

You just sucked the last seed out of his body

Hootie 07-16-2015 01:19 PM

maybe ... but I can pretty much guarantee what one of the top 5 stories of the first half of the season will be

Peyton's "fountain of youth." How does he keep doing it?

And then he'll fade towards the end like he has when it has gotten cold the first three years while in Denver. They'll be 12-4 or better. It's clockwork. Peyton and Tom always win their divisions.

It's hilarious that 2 months of a hurt Peyton Manning is how people expect he'll return this year.

RunKC 07-16-2015 01:47 PM

Peyton will be fine until about week 10 when his age starts to factor in.

We can win the division if we beat them and take care of business in the first half of the season.
This is the first year that Denver isn't the runaway favorite for the division. The Broncos had a very bad offseason.

Hootie 07-16-2015 01:56 PM

I don't necessarily disagree but I think the Chiefs HAVE to get to 12 wins if they want to win the division.

staylor26 07-16-2015 02:11 PM

ROFL @ Broncos fans thinking they will be relevant after Manning is gone

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11602287)
ROFL @ Broncos fans thinking they will be relevant after Manning is gone

We won a playoff game the year before he came to Denver and we will win more the year after he is gone. The Broncos will always be relevant, just as they have been for the past 30+ years.

Discuss Thrower 07-16-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 11602325)
We won a playoff game the year before he came to Denver and we will win more the year after he is gone. The Broncos will always be relevant, just as they have been for the past 30+ years.

You only got into that playoff game because Marion Barber was a ****ing idiot.

ThaVirus 07-16-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11602327)
You only got into that playoff game because Marion Barber was a ****ing idiot.

And that Raider **** blocked two field of our field goals in one game.

ThaVirus 07-16-2015 03:02 PM

Tebow Time. I ****ing hated that season.

Guy beat us completing like 2 passes all game.

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11602342)
And that Raider **** blocked two field of our field goals in one game.

Shanahan might still be in Denver if Dwayne Bowe could cover an onside kick.