ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet What do you think of when you call someone a "douche"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289178)

loochy 12-15-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11195125)
Anyone with Donkey paraphernalia or "No Fear" on the car.

Don't forget a monster energy drink logo on the back glass of a blacked out and lifted pickup truck

Saccopoo 12-15-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11195022)
Pussy means I think I might be able to beat you up.
Douche means I want to beat you up, but I can't.

Or something like this...

stevieray 12-15-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11195322)

Count Douchula?

Katipan 12-15-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11195349)
Or something like this...

Have a little faith in yourself.

Pablo 12-15-2014 10:41 PM

I haven't seen popped collar guy in a few years or so. I'm sure they still exist, but I don't know that I've observed one in the wild in quite some time. Tapout/MMA gear douche is still alive and well, but I don't shop at WalMart all that often, so sadly I haven't gazed upon one of them in a while either. Tapout/MMA/Girly glitter-cross-sequin jeans guy is out there as well.

ThaVirus 12-16-2014 12:18 AM

What do you think of when you call someone a "douche"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11195690)
I haven't seen popped collar guy in a few years or so. I'm sure they still exist, but I don't know that I've observed one in the wild in quite some time. Tapout/MMA gear douche is still alive and well, but I don't shop at WalMart all that often, so sadly I haven't gazed upon one of them in a while either. Tapout/MMA/Girly glitter-cross-sequin jeans guy is out there as well.

Popped collar douche is still alive and well. He's just evolved into a more advanced form of douche.

ThaVirus 12-16-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11195066)
That's a good definition, I agree.

For some reason, whenever I picture someone with this particular label, I envision a guy wearing a pink Izod shirt with a popped collar. I don't know why. It's not like I have experience with people dressed like that.

But it makes me also think that it's a person who is so concerned with what other people think that he/she tries too hard to be cool. So you get exaggerated fad-following and other behaviors that implicitly define coolness, accompanied by overemphasis to be sure that observers know that they're cool. I think that then leads to the impression that they have an overinflated sense of worth, when ironically it could be a low sense of worth that's being overcompensated.

But then again, I can also see the model that does the fad-following and legitimately thinks that it makes them cool, which means that the overinflated sense of worth is a real feeling and not a compensation. So is it possible that there two polar opposites that both fit the definition, displaying very similar behaviors but for opposite reasons?

That's very possible, I'm sure.

I can't feel sorry for anyone that emulates a douche though.

Baby Lee 12-16-2014 01:46 AM

Douche - generally, I try to use it pretty precisely. And if I had to state it concisely, I'd say I use it when I sense someone ENJOYS irritating others. Not on principle necessarily, or out of a sense that discourse should be a little bit of combat to be productive, but just because the irritation of others brings them a warmth in their gut and puts a grin on their face.

It's often passive-aggressive, but that's because passive-aggression is such an effective weapon to irritate others in an enjoyable, low effort, manner.

There is though an obverse variant where someone is so outside the norm/scene but is OBLIVIOUS to how much they stick out. That would encompass the Jersey guido, or the guy who goes on a casual impromptu campout/fishing/etc. outing with way too much expensive/cumbersome/new gear. Or the guy who talks loudly on his bluetooth ev-er-y-wherrrrre. Basically the types who are unaware how much they are irritating Larry David in any particular episode of Curb.

GayFrogs 12-16-2014 07:15 AM

Anyone who talks about the number of girls he's ****ed in casual conversation.

srvy 12-16-2014 07:27 AM

You

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-16-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 11195326)
Don't forget a monster energy drink logo on the back glass of a blacked out and lifted pickup truck

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11195690)

These.