ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Geno Smith Watch 2014*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285547)

Messier 08-10-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10807446)
Geno is a topic here the same reason Will Myers and Jake Odorizzi are still topics regarding the Royals. Some people just like to follow things like this and see if the organization made the right move in the long run. Some people are also football fans and some people are just Chief fans that don't care about other players in the league like a few have mentioned. "He's a jet why do I care?" Hell you said you never watched a Jets game and don't care for Geno but always have near the most in any Geno related threads LMAO

Difference is Myers and Odorizzi WERE Royals.

htismaqe 08-10-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10807439)
The reason Geno is still a topic isn't because of hater homers hoping he fails.

ROFL

Pure fantasy.

Anybody that says anything even remotely critical of Alex Smith or Eric Fisher gets "Geno Smith" thrown in their face, each and EVERY time.

The myopia here is hilarious.

keg in kc 08-10-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10807460)
No, both sides keep the topic alive and thriving.

I'm not here every hour of every day (read: I miss a lot) but aside from the trolling effort that this thread is it sure seems like he's brought up by the anti crowd more than he's brought up by the pro group. Although maybe that has to do with his performance to date.

htismaqe 08-10-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10807479)
I'm not here every hour of every day (read: I miss a lot) but aside from the trolling effort that this thread is it sure seems like he's brought up by the anti crowd more than he's brought up by the pro group. Although maybe that has to do with his performance to date.

This, absolutely this.

It's the defacto attack anytime you say anything back about Smith or Fisher.

BigCatDaddy 08-10-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10807470)
Difference is Myers and Odorizzi WERE Royals.

Not exactly. They were in the Royals organization and COULD have been a part of the big league club someday, sort of like how college players get drafted since there isn't a minor league system such as the one Odorizzi and Myers were in. Obviously the point is evaluating what we could have had with what we do have.

milkman 08-10-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10807479)

Like it or not, Claythan is pro Geno, or presents himself that way for the purpose of trolling.

Either way, like it or not, you have to weigh that in the discussion of which side keeps the topic moving along.

Messier 08-10-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10807478)
ROFL

Pure fantasy.

Anybody that says anything even remotely critical of Alex Smith or Eric Fisher gets "Geno Smith" thrown in their face, each and EVERY time.

The myopia here is hilarious.

You were one of the guys threatening to leave.

Dinny Bossa Nova 08-10-2014 09:22 AM

Watching the Sanchez thing play out was pretty entertaining. Watching the Clausen thing play out was pretty entertaining. Those guys aren't getting much run here at CP these days.

Geno is the current thing getting some 15 minutes. I find it entertaining. Not as entertaining as skinbra, but what are ya gonna do?

With all that being typed from my laptop using HuntNPeck, since this IS the official Geno watch thread, I'll just leave this here. I am not a fan of Lupica, but I liked this article from the NY Daily;

NY Jets will stick with Geno Smith, no matter how well Mike Vick plays

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz3A0FGRlRl

Dinny

Messier 08-10-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10807488)
Not exactly. They were in the Royals organization and COULD have been a part of the big league club someday, sort of like how college players get drafted since there isn't a minor league system such as the one Odorizzi and Myers were in. Obviously the point is evaluating what we could have had with what we do have.

Geno in no way was part of the Chiefs organization, so not a good comparison

BigCatDaddy 08-10-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10807498)
Geno in no way was part of the Chiefs organization, so not a good comparison

:facepalm: Don't be stupid. You're just looking for a reason to be a douche bag instead of having any real dialogue which you can't since you never watched 1 damn Jets game.

But please continue to post on the topic you care and know nothing about. I'm not wasting my time on you.

keg in kc 08-10-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10807492)
Like it or not, Claythan is pro Geno, or presents himself that way for the purpose of trolling.

Either way, like it or not, you have to weigh that in the discussion of which side keeps the topic moving along.

He's an attention whore. He always has been and he always will be. Trolls troll, basically, and as far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with how the rest of us communicate (or don't) on the Geno topic.

And it's also an isolated event. Geno was brought up repeatedly throughout last season, particularly after a bad play or game, and his name is still brought up every time someone even whispers about drafting a qb. Much like Sanchez's name still is. And like I said, maybe their performance is the reason why, and had Sanchez ever been successful perhaps his fans would have brought him up more. Maybe Geno takes a step forward and the anti crowd loses what they see as ammo.

milkman 08-10-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10807512)
He's an attention whore. He always has been and he always will be. Trolls troll, basically, and as far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with how the rest of us communicate (or don't) on the Geno topic.

This is a thread that's well on it's way to mega thread.

Regardless of the fact that he's trolling or attention whoring, the fact remains that this is keeping the topic alive.

keg in kc 08-10-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10807515)
This is a thread that's well on it's way to mega thread.

Regardless of the fact that he's trolling or attention whoring, the fact remains that this is keeping the topic alive.

I'm not saying that it's not. All I'm saying is that I believe the anti crowd brings Geno up more often than the pro crowd. Including this thread and whatever it becomes.

Eleazar 08-10-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 10805977)
Couple of updates.

Rex Ryan: In Geno and Vick, Jets have “two excellent quarterbacks”

What's that old adage? "If you have two good QBs, you don't have any?"

Eleazar 08-10-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10807430)
No. It's that Geno was simply never the QB that the 'smarts' around here insisted he was.

32 NFL teams agreed. He fell into the 2nd round. He struggled as a rookie. The more stuff like this happened, the more entrenched the pro-geno crowd became.

I don't have a problem with the guy and wish him all the best, but Geno Smith is more popular on this forum than any NFL forum on the internet. It's almost like the result of a bizarre social experiment.

the Geno Mafia on Chiefsplanet (leading up to the draft) is the absolute definition of Groupthink.