ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is 2016 a breaking point for this team? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282406)

J Diddy 03-20-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10503461)
I'll bet Dorsey doesn't give two shits about 2016. He's probably like, "Pssshhh... I don't need to plan for the future or worry about what's going to be available down the road when I make my draft picks and free agent signings in 2014."

Oh wait, actually.... no. Scratch that. It's the opposite of that.

You lose, fartlicker

How does one lick a fart?

Discuss Thrower 03-20-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10503336)
Here's a huge factor that isn't being talked about, though.

This draft class is so stacked that I'm betting a lot of vets are cut after the draft and going into training camp because teams will find better players to fill their spots in the draft. Maybe we will be more active in that round of value priced free agents.

Doesn't change the fact that the Chiefs are so incredibly cap strapped this year they aren't willing to make moves for legitimate starter-caliber players.

htismaqe 03-20-2014 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10503324)
I think this year is gonna surprise a lot of people.

We basically got nothing out of the 2013 draft class in its rookie year, due to injuries and some of them are poised to make an impact in 2014/2015

Fisher dealt with shoulder and thumb injuries all year
Kelce was lost to IR
Knile Davis showed flashes of top end ability
Commings was injury plagued
Catapano was red shirted

If 2-3 of those guys start to tap into their potential going forward, that will factor into the success of the 2015/16 seasons big time.

Oh it's gonna surprise people alright.

htismaqe 03-20-2014 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10503089)
Did they not plug the gaps and add depth in free agency last year?

They traded for Alex Smith and signed Sean Smith almost immediately. They've done nothing remotely like that this year.

htismaqe 03-20-2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10503078)
No, I was saying you add depth and plug gaps in free agency and get your studs in the draft. D

Longer control and cheaper

Alex Smith.

Jimmya 03-20-2014 07:08 AM

We have to have an awesome draft in order to compete next year.

Mecca 03-20-2014 07:58 AM

You know I looked at the list of players he made...the only player I see that should get paid is Poe aside from Houston and possibly Berry.

But most of the name guys there will be at an age where you walk away.

O.city 03-20-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10503545)
They traded for Alex Smith and signed Sean Smith almost immediately. They've done nothing remotely like that this year.

As opposed to?

Had they not made the smith deal, we are likely still looking for a qb and drafting in the top 10.

They've done nothin like that this offseason excuse they didnt have to or need to or apparently, they didn't think they needed too. It's not as if Alex smith is at the same age stage as manning where you know you have 2 years max.

They must think the guys we have and are paying big money to are going to further develop in this system, specifically guys like bowe, Jenkins (meh) and such.

I don't necessarily agree with that part, but outside of Alex smith last year, I don't see this years free agency as that much different.

RunKC 03-20-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10503545)

We don't have $$$ like we did last year. We also don't have a huge need at QB either