ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Scientists find cosmic ripples from birth of universe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282341)

BigRedChief 03-18-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10500946)
- Define "perfect"

- Define "God"

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...Wn7S-UlwRlYWY_

Messier 03-18-2014 07:15 PM

Why do science stories have to turn into religion arguments? The universe is really cool. I think that's what should be taken from this thread.

Three7s 03-18-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10500969)
Why do science stories have to turn into religion arguments? The universe is really cool. I think that's what should be taken from this thread.

Absolutely. I'm still not sure why it matters how the universe evolves. What matters is the universe is incredible.

beach tribe 03-18-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 10500370)
I was just about to say, maybe the universe is round like the earth and we haven't made it all the way around yet.....

Oh and to continue being devils advocate (although I'm being dismissed). If the answer is just because I believe it; to both the religion and the universe, maybe natural sciences formed from nothing without design and by accident is just as hard to comprehend as a little invisible guy in the sky.

Perhaps, the eternal universe is the eternal being, both "super natural" and "natural science" joined together and explained by two opposite sides of our human comprehension.

I think its all tied to what I was saying about there really being no such thing as big or small.
Only bigger or smaller.
The entire universe really isn't big if there is mega multiverse that could be in a cluster of MMVs.
In a different number of levels of dimensions.
With every point and in the universe being connected
And the the theory that the total number of minds in the universe being one-Erwin Shrodenger.
THE greatest minds ever Tesla and Einstein, both knew that there is.......something..something conscious, something niether big or tiny in the sky, but omnipresent, and a part of us all.
ALL of this is here for whatever we are or it is to exist on a phsical plane IMO. For what I don't know.
But like you said. It is absolutely no more far fetched than to think that somebody wrecked a truck full of paint and left Il Giudizio Universale on the pavement...no way.

BigRedChief 03-18-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Because some see it as a threat to their faith?:popcorn:

Messier 03-18-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10500985)

That's ridiculous, or should be.

Three7s 03-18-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10500999)
That's ridiculous, or should be.

^

Anyone that feels threatened by something as simple as a discussion about the universe should have their faith examined. I think the reason these things start is because one smart comment bashing one side or the other turns into something like this

J Diddy 03-18-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 10501007)
^

Anyone that feels threatened by something as simple as a discussion about the universe should have their faith examined. I think the reason these things start is because one smart comment bashing one side or the other turns into something like this

You've got a pic of a Royals player in your sig. Nobody can question your faith ever.

Three7s 03-18-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10501013)
You've got a pic of a Royals player in your sig. Nobody can question your faith ever.

LMAO

beach tribe 03-18-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10500985)

For some.
For others its because science and religion are two pieces of the same puzzle.
And for some, science is thier religion.

Dave Lane 03-18-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

I agree with you. If we could stay on track without the muckrakers it would be heavenly

(pun intended)

tmw4h5 03-18-2014 08:53 PM

This thread sums up why the midwest sucks and why our country is far behind others in science and mathematics.

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. The big difference that I see is exactly what you saw with Nye vs Ham.

You give Nye evidence and you can change his mind. You give Ham evidence and he points to a book written thousands of years ago and refuses to accept your evidence.

Buzz 03-18-2014 08:54 PM

Yep, like God teaching algebra to ants, ants wanna know, just not smart enough. Throw in the fact people have a spirit or soul? Science cant begin to touch that.

tmw4h5 03-18-2014 08:57 PM

Ants have no concept of algebra or knowledge or anything that you and I think about. An ant acts on instinct - it doesn't have the necessary tools for higher-thinking.
Where's the proof of a spirit or a soul? Near-death experiences (white light, seeing grandma) can be explained by DMT.

Messier 03-18-2014 08:58 PM

Ugh