ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What is the most obscure country from which you've met a person? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278428)

Mr. Flopnuts 11-08-2013 09:44 PM

Cuba, Congo, and Bulgaria on the list. I also met someone from Ghana off of the list. Fairly obscure. Greeks are another people you don't just meet everyday on the west coast of the US, yet I did.

Hoover 11-08-2013 09:47 PM

I guess I win since mine isn't on the list.

A few years ago I met the US Ambassador from Sri Lanka at a farm in Iowa. Nice guy. Was amazed at the size of our farm equipment.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-08-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 10171070)

A few years ago I met the US Ambassador from Sri Lanka at a farm in Iowa. Nice guy. Was amazed at the size of our farm equipment.

Did you tell him it was genetics?

Al Bundy 11-08-2013 09:52 PM

Iceland.

Aries Walker 11-08-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10170887)
Well then maybe you can explain to me why a disproportionate number of our service requests come from these particular units. I'm all ears.

Beats me. I don't know you, the place, or the people. There could be a hundred explanations, but you're sailing right past all of them and going straight for "because they're African", and that's racism.

Aries Walker 11-08-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 10171070)

Before my Dad retired, he worked at the National Press Building in DC. He was at a party once and struck up a conversation with another man there.

"So, where do you work?"
"The Nigerian Embassy."
"Oh. What do you do there?"
"I'm the Ambassador."
"Ah. Well, your English is very good."
"English is our national language."

And then he crawled away.

Frosty 11-08-2013 10:20 PM

My brother's wife is from Albania. That about as obscure as it gets for me, I guess.

TOUCHDOWN!!! KC 11-08-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10170138)
Don't count people you've met while traveling to obscure countries. What's the most unusual country from which you've met someone, while going about your normal business in the United States?

I was friends with a guy in college who was from The Gambia. Not just a Gambia, but THE Gambia. That's a small country.

The husband of a friend of mine is from Yemen, which is pretty unusual, and a client of mine once was from Bulgaria. I met someone once whose girlfriend was from the island of Truk, and I really wanted to meet her, but never got the chance.

I'd like to meet a Mongolian person at some point.

I voted prior to actually reading your post. I was in the military when I met said people.

I'm a man damn't. I do, then I read the instructions.

Elwaysux 11-08-2013 10:21 PM

Kuwait

I live in Kuwait. I take note when I meet someone from the US. I live across the street from the Uzbekistan Embassy so I guess those folks qualify as obscure.

big nasty kcnut 11-08-2013 10:28 PM

Ukraine and she was hot.

Easy 6 11-08-2013 10:35 PM

Wait a minute, i just now noticed "Lesotho" on the list... wow, had to google that one.

I'm pretty prideful on my knowledge of the world, but that was a good one Rainman.

GloucesterChief 11-08-2013 10:38 PM

Jordan
Ghana
Iceland
Latvia
Peru
Slovakia
Czech Republic

Start Croyle 11-09-2013 12:26 PM

I also met someone from Gambia, and his roommate was from neighboring Senegal.

Here are the ones I checked from the poll -

Cuba,
Jordan,
Bulgaria,
Nepal,
Mongolia

I may well have met people from additional countries and forgot, or not realized it.

Simply Red 11-09-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 10171148)
Ukraine and she was hot.

Did you put it in her butt?

a pp roach 11-09-2013 12:50 PM

this one time i looked in the mirror and met myself. i was like wtf bro what a weirdo.

so, the bathroom.