ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Johnny Manziel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272788)

KC native 05-05-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9660070)
If there's any QB that I want next year, it would be Teddy Bridgewater. **** Manziel. Bridgewater is the real deal. An absolute franchise quarterback in the making. Great arm, prototypical size, tremendous leadership, good mobility, he brings the whole package with him. That is the guy to hope for, a tremendous top of the line QB prospect who has everything.

Looking at QB's next year, I have them ranked as follows:

1. Teddy Bridgewater

2. David Fales
3. Tajh Boyd

4. Johnny Manziel

#1 QB COMING OUT NEXT YEAR IS MOTHER****ING CASEY "MOTHER****ER I DO DRUGS AND DRINK AND DRIVE AND CAN STILL PLAY QB" PASCHALL

ChiefAshhole20 05-05-2013 06:19 PM

As much as Tebow was adored and idolized at UF, imagine that by at least 15 times more, and you'll get the love and value that Manziel holds at A&M. We are talking about one of the proudest and most tradition-based schools in the country here. Before this year, they still talked about John David Crow when he won the Heisman in the 50's. Now, they have the most polarizing athlete in the entire country who just won the Heisman as a Frosh, and has a good chance of winning at least 2 more, he could very well have a statue of him there before he even graduates. I don't think he will leave early, he is just too important to A&M and probably feels somewhat indebted to them to win as much as possible there (similar to how Tebow did). He will most likely stay there until he's a senior, I just don't see him leaving such an ideal situation where he can be the biggest rockstar in the country, for one of the most loyal (almost cult-like) schools in the biggest conference. He is still maturing and developing anyway, what is the point of rushing into the pros when you can live the dream life in College?

RealSNR 05-05-2013 06:41 PM

David Fails.

Why does everybody mention him as a possible top QB pick?

He'll **** off and die just like all other preseason hopefuls do. Remember when Nick Foles was poised to be the 2nd QB taken in the 2012 draft before his last college season?

JoeyChuckles 05-05-2013 06:45 PM

No.

I am not sitting through another horrible season because people want us to draft a QB in the first.

RunKC 05-05-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9660458)
David Fails.

Why does everybody mention him as a possible top QB pick?

He'll **** off and die just like all other preseason hopefuls do. Remember when Nick Foles was poised to be the 2nd QB taken in the 2012 draft before his last college season?

Fales is a BAMF.

RealSNR 05-05-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9660472)
Fales is a BAMF.

not rly

MahiMike 05-05-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9660401)
As much as Tebow was adored and idolized at UF, imagine that by at least 15 times more, and you'll get the love and value that Manziel holds at A&M. We are talking about one of the proudest and most tradition-based schools in the country here. Before this year, they still talked about John David Crow when he won the Heisman in the 50's. Now, they have the most polarizing athlete in the entire country who just won the Heisman as a Frosh, and has a good chance of winning at least 2 more, he could very well have a statue of him there before he even graduates. I don't think he will leave early, he is just too important to A&M and probably feels somewhat indebted to them to win as much as possible there (similar to how Tebow did). He will most likely stay there until he's a senior, I just don't see him leaving such an ideal situation where he can be the biggest rockstar in the country, for one of the most loyal (almost cult-like) schools in the biggest conference. He is still maturing and developing anyway, what is the point of rushing into the pros when you can live the dream life in College?

So you think Texas is 15 times greater than Florida? Get off!

RunKC 05-05-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9660478)
not rly

You should try watching him.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-05-2013 07:10 PM

You guys can't tell me Boyd has a better arm

Nightfyre 05-05-2013 07:14 PM

Fales doesn't have the arm strength to be a backup in the NFL.

kcchiefsus 05-05-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9660401)

So he's idolized by one of the douchiest fanbases in college. Got it.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-05-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9658983)
What good players does he actually compare to?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, I'm already ready to go out on this limb faster than Johnny Football gets to end zones: He'll be a National Football League STAR. Everything about this kid is RARE. We're talking Michael Vick meets Doug Flutie meets Fran Tarkenton meets Brett Favre meets Drew Brees -- with a sometimes dangerous dose of Broadway Joe Namath thrown in off the field.This kid will lead the league in total yards and splash

If you guy would read the ****in article I posted you wouldn't be asking stupid questions !

RealSNR 05-05-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9660492)
You should try watching him.

I saw two SJSU games last year. You know who Fales reminds me of?

Geno Smith.

Only without the experience, accuracy, scrambling ability, and quality games against tough opponents. And while Geno Smith had problems with field vision and footwork, Fales is far worse off than Geno in that department. And Fales hasn't had to memorize and quarterback three different playbooks. If Geno got knocked for playing in an offense that centers around the short passes and route trees, what do you call what Fales ran?

Maybe one more season as a starter will do it for him. I'm not saying it can't. What I am saying is every year there is a list of QBs about 5 or 6 names long that is supposed to make up a potentially brilliant draft class provided at least half of them improve in X, Y, and Z. Very very few of those QBs ever do as promised.

2013 was just like that. It was supposed to be a pretty damn awesome class led by Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas, Tajh Boyd, Keith Price, and Landry Jones. Geno Smith and Mike Glennon were talked about as potential midround steals. It was just a case where a bunch of guys stayed behind, and the rest of the class didn't improve one ****ing bit.

So here we go again. 2014 gives us Murray, Thomas, Boyd, and Price from that "stayed behind" list. Why did all those players stay the extra year in college? That has to be seriously questioned and analyzed, I think. For many it's a good decision, and for others like Barkley and Jones, they were career-hampering choices.

You add to that Bridgewater, Manziel, McCarron, and Fales. Throw in Brett Hundley and Derek Carr as possibilities. Once again, you've got a seemingly great class of QBs on paper, but nearly all of those names save for Bridgewater and possibly Murray have asterisks next to their names.

I'll be watching all the QBs like I do every draft. Some will surprise, but from past history, most of them end up disappointing.

KC native 05-05-2013 09:16 PM

Seriously though, Casey Paschall shoild be a great sleeper pick. Kid has a million dollar arm. The big questions about him will be whether he can handle NFL pressure. He had issues when we jumped to the Big 12 last year.

He can move and has the prototypical NFL QB size.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9658558)
Who's the D-linemen in that draft class?

This. Might as well get ready for it now.
Posted via Mobile Device