ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The one thing we can look forward to: the league's best OL. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272750)

Chris Meck 05-04-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9656494)
"Did you make the playoffs?"
'No, but our O Line was top five.'

No way a top five O line doesn't make the playoffs.

If you think Priest Holmes was just suddenly awesome when he was real average in Baltimore....and that Trent Green was amazing when he'd only been pretty average-ish in Washington (but looked good in PRESEASON prior to the knee injury in St. Louis) yer nuts.

Willie Freakin' Roaf, Will Shields, Casey Wiegmann, Brian Waters. Those guys made all that happen.

No, they didn't win a Super bowl, because we had no defense at all.

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9656510)

If you think Priest Holmes was just suddenly awesome when he was real average in Baltimore....and that Trent Green was amazing when he'd only been pretty average-ish in Washington (but looked good in PRESEASON prior to the knee injury in St. Louis) yer nuts.

Willie Freakin' Roaf, Will Shields, Casey Wiegmann, Brian Waters. Those guys made all that happen.

Two of last years top five didn't make the playoffs. See: Browns and Jets. Your point again?

MTG#10 05-04-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9656516)
Two of last years top five didn't make the playoffs. See: Browns and Jets. Your point again?

Browns and jets O-line's werent half as good as Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, Shields, and Tait. That was an all-world O-line, probably the best in NFL history. I agree though, even if we do have a "top 5" line it still wont compare to what we had under Vermeil and doesnt guarantee us anything. I think Jamaal is a LOT better than Priest, but I also think Trent was a lot better than Alex is or ever will be.

AussieChiefsFan 05-04-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9656455)
I'm expecting one per game. JC is nasty fast.

I may take him with my #1 pick in fantasy.

This. Especially with good fantasy QBs being real plentyful.

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

This 1,000,000 X !!

Trent and Priest were talented and smart enough to take advantage for sure and had far away plenty to win the SB but our defense was stuck at the college level. No one and I mean NO ONE could stop our offense those yrs 2002-05 regardless. King Carl DID by not building our D correctly thinking the 'slow pitch softball type of offensive scoring mentality' in the NFL would suffice even in the playoffs:rolleyes:

-King- 05-04-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Tell that to the Jets and the Browns.
Posted via Mobile Device

Imon Yourside 05-04-2013 09:21 AM

Objection: assumes facts not in evidence.

milkman 05-04-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Willie Roaf was clearly a difference maker at LT, which is far more rare than people make it out to be, but Priest Holmes started beasting in his first season with the Chiefs, the year before Roaf joined the Chiefs.

And Trent Green was outstanding in relief for Kurt Warner in St Louis the year prior to coming to KC.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:33 AM

The power lineup.

Matchup problems everywhere.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1354

Nightfyre 05-04-2013 10:35 AM

What if we put Schwartz in at full back? LMAO

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9656741)
What if we put Schwartz in at full back? LMAO

Why the **** not.

Just Passin' By 05-04-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9655807)
Let's not forget the way the Raiders DL has raped our OL the last few years. It sucks ass, we used to dominate those assholes. It used to be a given that we beat the Raiders twice a year.

Is that going to stop this season?

The Raiders let Kelly and Seymour go. They should be a better matchup for the Chiefs now, as far as the interior of the line goes, anyway.

Just Passin' By 05-04-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9656516)

The Jets weren't a top 5 O-Line.

PFF sucks.

There you go.

R8RFAN 05-04-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9656764)
The Raiders let Kelly and Seymour go. They should be a better matchup for the Chiefs now, as far as the interior of the line goes, anyway.

This year you are probably right , Matt Shaughnessy is the one I miss the most... Kelly was overrated big time and Seymour was on the bench hurt to much as of late.

WhawhaWhat 05-04-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9656453)
I thought it was pretty obvious sarcasm. I laughed a bit when I saw Fat Elvis responded to you; I think some people are in such a hurry to attack that they don't think. Similar to the people who clearly read the title of a thread and respond without reading any of the OP

Pessimists at best. Probably naysayers.