ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals **Official Royals vs. Phillies 4/7 Gamethread** AKA Vengeance Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271842)

GoHuge 04-07-2013 12:05 PM

With Hamels dealin today this ass raping is really going to make last night's abortion sting even more.

KCUnited 04-07-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9564319)
Evan Longoria said that? That's a pretty strong statement to make about a former teammate.

He lumped Upton in with Shields as well.

LoneWolf 04-07-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9564317)
I expect shields to be an ace. The royals traded 6 prospects for this idiot.

He allowed one run his last start and had a very unlucky inning to start the game. Unbunch your panties and have a beer.

tk13 04-07-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9564311)
That Shields never could shake off the "loser's mentality" of the old Rays.

(Which contradicts everything that Dayton said about wanting to trade for Shields because of Shields' makeup, so I don't really believe Longoria. I was just making a wry comment)

The funny thing about that is you could make an argument Shields was right. Longoria's comments made it sound like Shields used to be the guy saying don't take this for granted, things used to be a lot worse here. And that was right, really.

Chiefshrink 04-07-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Evan Longoria said that? That's a pretty strong statement to make about a former teammate.

either grinding an axe or it's true.

Old Dog 04-07-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9564322)
Listening to Hud when he opens his mouth is like nails on a chalkboard.

hope you don't mind, I had to change it

Bambi 04-07-2013 12:07 PM

Same shitty little chip hits off the Royals bats. I swear, the Royals hitting sounds worse than any other team ever. It's never solid contact. Ever

duncan_idaho 04-07-2013 12:07 PM

I'm not going to panic based on that inning, and you shouldn't either. Lot of luck involved for the Phillies (mostly in setting up ... first 3 hits were all helped by placement).

Bambi 04-07-2013 12:08 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about the pitching in here. I mean it isn't very good but the hitting is pathetic. As per usual.

KCUnited 04-07-2013 12:08 PM

Reminds me of when Brett played for Philly. /Hud

lewdog 04-07-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9564323)
Then Yost's instinct sucks as to when pitchers are off and need to be replaced. Hell, you can even look at the 2ks Holland got weren't his doing but more hitters being so damn hungry to devour this pitcher who they knew was in meltdown mode thus they became undisciplined going after bad pitches thus Holland gets lucky. If those batters were disciplined Holland literally walks in 2 runs.

So you pull your named closer in his second outing of the year for him? Name me one manager who would have pulled him there.

Oh yea, no one. You pull him there, he gains nothing but the idea that a manager doesn't have confidence in him. He goes on to lose, he now learns what he needs to work on. Last thing you want is a closer who feels on a short leash early in the season. If it happens a few more times, then you look at other options. But not in a closer's second outing.

I mean really, do some of you even watch baseball for an entire year?

tk13 04-07-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

“There was a lot of history with B.J. and Shields in this organization, and I think there were some things that were tough for them to get beyond,” Longoria said. “They were really the only ones that were left in here that were here before the Rays were in 2008 when we started to be the team that we are now. I think some of those things kind of stuck around, and as much as you try to instill the new way, some of those things, it was tough to get some of those thoughts out of their head.

“And so, I think, obviously they were great players, but as far as an overarching belief in what we try to do here, I think with the new people that we have now, it's a completely new belief in what we're trying to do here. I don't know if that came out the right way. I'm not trying to be negative in any way, obviously, but I think with the personalities that we brought in, we really from Day One in spring training, we're all on this same page, and same belief that now Tampa Bay is a destination where as before it wasn't really.”

tk13 04-07-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 9564340)
I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about the pitching in here. I mean it isn't very good but the hitting is pathetic. As per usual.

Royals pitching actually led the AL in fewest runs allowed coming into today. It's been solid so far.

WhawhaWhat 04-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9564323)
Then Yost's instinct sucks as to when pitchers are off and need to be replaced. Hell, you can even look at the 2ks Holland got weren't his doing but more hitters being so damn hungry to devour this pitcher who they knew was in meltdown mode thus they became undisciplined going after bad pitches thus Holland gets lucky. If those batters were disciplined Holland literally walks in 2 runs.

Who is the bigger idiot, Ned Yost or the guy that takes his coach speak at face value?

lewdog 04-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9564346)
Royals pitching actually led the AL in fewest runs allowed coming into today. It's been solid so far.

**** you for presenting facts!!!

We are here to have knee jerk reactions to games 5-6 of the year. F off!!!