ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How good, exactly, is Branden Albert. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271379)

Tombstone RJ 03-21-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9520126)
Joeckel would at best compare to rookie Branden Albert. You wouldn't even be able to see him in his rear view mirror if you're comparing Albert now to him.

Joekel's a mid- to late-first tackle in literally any other class.

lol, ok.

keg in kc 03-21-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9520131)
lol, ok.

Considering that he's not the best tackle on his team, much less the best tackle in this draft, I don't think that's an 'lol' statement, but whatever floats your boat.

I guess the statement would've been more acceptable if I'd made it about Geno Smith.

Mighty tackles are above such comments!

RealSNR 03-21-2013 10:31 PM

Poetry bores me to be honest, Direckshun. If you want it to be my punishment, I'll roll with that.

I thought your Monopoly bet with Bo's Pellini was a stroke of genius. Do you know Clue very well? How about that? You speak in Clue references, I speak in poetry (yet to be determined if I'm allowed free reign with the structure or not)

BossChief 03-21-2013 10:33 PM

It has to be the back issues.

These guys shelled out big time cash to Bowe and even Colquit got a huge deal.

You can't tell me these guys are willing to pay over 3/yr for a punter, but won't pay 9 for their left tackle unless there is a MAJOR issue they see with him.

DeezNutz 03-21-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520138)
Poetry bores me to be honest, Direckshun.

And here I had you pegged as an intellectual. Damn, man.

Don't you work with music? And..........you're bored with poetry?

Tombstone RJ 03-21-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9520135)
Considering that he's not the best tackle on his team, much less the best tackle in this draft, I don't think that's an 'lol' statement, but whatever floats your boat.

I guess the statement would've been more acceptable if I'd made it about Geno Smith.

Mighty tackles are above such comments!

I'm more puzzled by your admiration of Albert as if he's irreplaceable or something. I won't be suprised if your all star Albert is traded for a second round pick and kc drafts an LT with the first pick.

RealSNR 03-21-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9520142)
And here I had you pegged as an intellectual. Damn, man.

Don't you work with music? And..........you're bored with poetry?

I'd be fine if Direckshun composed a Renaissance madrigal for his every post.

Hegel called poetry the most exquisite of the arts. I really don't share his sentiment.

DeezNutz 03-21-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520145)
I'd be fine if Direckshun composed a Renaissance madrigal for his every post.

Wouldn't we all?

Mama Hip Rockets 03-21-2013 10:45 PM

Does anybody honestly pay so much attention to football that you can rank 32 left tackles? This seems slightly insane to me.

keg in kc 03-21-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9520144)
I'm more puzzled by your admiration of Albert as if he's irreplacable or something. I won't be suprised if your all star Albert is traded for a second round pick and kc drafts an LT with the first pick.

Reading comprehension isn't a strength is it?

What I said was that Joeckel 2013 would be the equivalent of Albert 2008, and that Albert 2013 should/would be much better than that. That's just natural NFL progression for a guy with 70+ starts. His back is the only real concern.

If they do ship him off for a 2nd and then waste the #1 pick on a middling player like Joeckel, that'll be an utter waste of 1:1. Since 1) Joeckel isn't that great to begin with, 2) you're not really improving the roster in any way, and 3) you can draft other guys (in this draft) later in the round who are equivalent prospects.

'course that's exactly what I expect them to do. Because they seem to like to do dumb things like that.

Tombstone RJ 03-21-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9520160)
Reading comprehension isn't a strength is it?
What I said was that Joeckel 2013 would be the equivalent of Albert 2008, and that Albert 2013 should/would be much better than that. That's just natural NFL progression for a guy with 70+ starts. His back is the only real concern.

If they do ship him off for a 2nd and then waste the #1 pick on a middling player like Joeckel, that'll be an utter waste of 1:1. Since 1) Joeckel isn't that great to begin with, 2) you're not really improving the roster in any way, and 3) you can draft other guys (in this draft) later in the round who are equivalent prospects.

'course that's exactly what I expect them to do. Because they seem to like to do dumb things like that.

Again, you act like Albert is something special at LT. If he was, he would have been drafted with the #1 pick of the draft at LT, not at #15 as a guard. He's panned out ok, he's been a good but not great LT.

As for Joeckel, if he's drafted #1 there's a reason for it. He may not be drafted #1 but there's a good possibility he will be. It is what it is whether you agree with it or not.

Direckshun 03-21-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520121)
Does the poetry have to rhyme? Can I go full e.e. cummings?

I don't know who e.e. cummings is, so no.

I would rather it be phonetic rhyming. I want you shamed.

Direckshun 03-21-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520138)
Poetry bores me to be honest, Direckshun. If you want it to be my punishment, I'll roll with that.

I thought your Monopoly bet with Bo's Pellini was a stroke of genius. Do you know Clue very well? How about that? You speak in Clue references, I speak in poetry (yet to be determined if I'm allowed free reign with the structure or not)

I feel like that gag has runs its course. But yes, poetry will be your punishment.

I do not watch Star Trek, as I am not a 47-year-old pimpled virgin living in his mother's basement. I also am not that well versed in Clue, since I'm not 100 years old, offering my great-great granddaughter hard candy when she visits.

I am, however, a buff on Lord of the Rings. If you need a reference shoved into every orifice of my posting behavior, that would be the perfect mishmash of nerdiness and familiarity.

lazepoo 03-21-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9519442)
I'd have to think on that a second. Terrance Copper might not be around for me to pimp him out. Sig/avatar bets are always cool, but I would need to find a new pet on the team that pisses people off.

Do you know Star Trek very well? You could do a Bo's Pellini kind of thing where you have to make Star Trek references in everything you post. And if I lost... dunno, do you have any ideas?

Make it so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 03-21-2013 11:00 PM

go walt whitman in his ass