ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2013-14 Missouri Tiger Football Repository Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271290)

bowener 05-19-2013 12:53 PM

I wonder how my life would be different today if I wasn't a fan of the Chiefs, Royals, and MU Tigers? Would hope and happiness be a part of my life, and would despair and misery vanish?

duncan_idaho 05-19-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9691448)
Mauk should be the starter from day one but we know how Pinkel is...

Mauk has not been as good as I was hoping he would be. The fact he is still not the clear-cut No. 2 over Corbin Berkstresser should say all that needs to be said about his readiness to start.

If Mauk is struggling to beat out Berkstresser, it's hard to say he deserves the No. 1 QB spot.

duncan_idaho 05-19-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9690848)
I'll believe it when I see it. If James Franklin is the starter this year does it really matter?

Didn't go to the spring game?

They were 5 yards deep in the shotgun the entire game.

Jerm 05-19-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9693568)
Mauk has not been as good as I was hoping he would be. The fact he is still not the clear-cut No. 2 over Corbin Berkstresser should say all that needs to be said about his readiness to start.

If Mauk is struggling to beat out Berkstresser, it's hard to say he deserves the No. 1 QB spot.

I just come from the mindset that he assume he's the future so why not let him get reps now and start building that chemistry with DGB and others.

We aren't winning jack with Franklin at QB so what's the point...I get that Pinkel is coaching for his job and that's why Franklin is his QB, just irks me.

Pitt Gorilla 05-19-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9693579)
I just come from the mindset that he assume he's the future so why not let him get reps now and start building that chemistry with DGB and others.

We aren't winning jack with Franklin at QB so what's the point...I get that Pinkel is coaching for his job and that's why Franklin is his QB, just irks me.

What is it with Chiefs/Mizzou fans and QBs that haven't played a down? The new guy isn't always better, be he a QB in the draft or a RS freshman. I have not doubt that the best QB will play (see Brad Smith).

Jerm 05-19-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9693586)
What is it with Chiefs/Mizzou fans and QBs that haven't played a down? The new guy isn't always better, be he a QB in the draft or a RS freshman. I have not doubt that the best QB will play (see Brad Smith).

I'm not saying he's better...I'm saying let him get experience now...Franklin is a lame duck QB.

Yeah if we had a great team and could contend for a serious bowl, I'd say sure trot Franklin out there.

The only reason Franklin will be the starter is because Pinkel knows his ass is on the line and Franklinay eek us into a bowl game.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-20-2013 09:59 AM

Mauk looked like dogshit in the spring game. The guy was only a 3* recruit. Maybe we just need to accept the fact that he's more Chase Patton than Chase Daniel.

Saul Good 05-20-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9693989)
Mauk looked like dogshit in the spring game. The guy was only a 3* recruit. Maybe we just need to accept the fact that he's more Chase Patton than Chase Daniel.

I think I'll wait until halftime of the first game of his career before writing his epitaph.

kepp 05-20-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9693579)

Which likely means that he's coaching for 7-5 and a meh bowl game. We need new AD/staff with higher expectations.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-20-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9694005)
I think I'll wait until halftime of the first game of his career before writing his epitaph.

That's fine, but he's also never done anything to suggest that he's actually going to be an answer. Fans have always assumed that he's going to be great, but neither his recruiting profile nor his offseason play should promote any type of confidence. He's just a generic RS QB at this point.

Pepe Silvia 05-20-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9693989)

Patton was a total bust. He was a four star recruit who became a dentist instead, that was just amazing, like Hamas says, just ****ing Mizzou..

duncan_idaho 05-20-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9694924)
Patton was a total bust. He was a four star recruit who became a dentist instead, that was just amazing, like Hamas says, just ****ing Mizzou..

Patton got beat out by arguably the best QB in Missouri football history. I wouldn't call him a bust just because of that.

They're probably a nice bowl team with him, similar to what the Tigers were under Gabbert.

Pepe Silvia 05-20-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9694936)
Patton got beat out by arguably the best QB in Missouri football history. I wouldn't call him a bust just because of that.

They're probably a nice bowl team with him, similar to what the Tigers were under Gabbert.

I understand that, Daniel was a stud but when Patton would get playing time he looked flat out awful, I could tell by the way he played in garbage time that he never could have been the first string QB at Mizzou, not at all. Weak ass arm. Thats why I would always pray for Daniel to stay healthy because I knew we would be done if that kid had to take the reigns.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-20-2013 03:48 PM

Gabbert gets really underrated by Mizzou fans because of one bad throw against Iowa. I think we all forget how awful his skill position players were compared to what Daniel and Franklin had to work with.

Pepe Silvia 05-20-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9694989)
Gabbert gets really underrated by Mizzou fans because of one bad throw against Iowa. I think we all forget how awful his skill position players were compared to what Daniel and Franklin had to work with.

Gabbert was really good but my only knock on him was that he had trouble with the deep ball,if he ever threw a deep ball towards the sidelines you could bet your ass it would be fly 50 ft. into the stands. However you're right, he had and amazing 2010, one game away from a BCS bowl if it weren't for Yosts ****ed up play calling in the Texas tech game. He had one bad game that year, he was pretty damn good.