ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Press conference (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271103)

Messier 03-13-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9494605)
The same HC whose only success came in the years he started a QB - wait for it - he drafted with the 2nd overall pick?

Yep. Guess there was no McNabb is this draft.

patteeu 03-13-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9494591)
I absolutely hate Alex Smith and I desperately needed hope at the Qb position.Ill wait after the draft to see if the chiefs pull something brilliant or if I can root for another team. Ive had more than enough of this mediocrity.

Take all the others with you, please.

kcxiv 03-13-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9494610)
I don't know anything about what they called themselves. He's the guy that's about as unlike Todd Haley as you can get though and detoxing was looking for differences.

Well, now you do!!!!

In58men 03-13-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9494620)
Take all the others with you, please.

And kill all others like you please. You're the reason why we suck every season.

ChiTown 03-13-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9494626)
And kill all others like you please. You're the reason why we suck every season.

STFU

ToxSocks 03-13-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 9494540)
Reid obviously doesn't like G. Smith. I don't know why it is so hard for some of you to get that.

As far as A. Smith and the future...If he plays well he gets a new contract, if not he does not.

A. Smith, for this year, was, in Reid's mind the ONLY option.

Live with it or don't. Won't change a thing.

We are gonna end up winning with Reid/Dorsey. How far, I don't know. But it is certainly better than the alternative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9494542)
holy ****! Alex Smith hasn't even played a down for the Chiefs and people are jumping of bridges...

Yeah, maybe we should sit here with our thumbs up our asses and completely ignore the first 7 years of Alex Smith's career. Maybe we shouldn't, you know, think for ourselves and evaluate the situation ourselves. It's much easier to just be told this is gonna work and go with it, amirite?

"But, Detoxing...this is a new coaching staff, a fresh start for Alex Smith! It could work out for the better!"

Uh huh. That's exactly what niner fans had been saying since the kid was drafted. New staff comes, new staff goes, new staff comes, new staff goes. The only constant.....Alex "regime Killer" Smith.

"But, but Detoxing, didn't you see the way he played for the first half of last season before he was BENCHED??"

:rolleyes:

I don't know what to tell you people other than...in the words of Htismaque....."Bhaaaaa"

The Franchise 03-13-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9494617)
Yep. Guess there was no McNabb is this draft.

That's to be determined.

If Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are top 15 QBs in the next 3 years......this trade was a huge failure. Especially if Alex Smith grades out as......Alex ****ing Smith.

patteeu 03-13-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9494625)
Well, now you do!!!!

Very important information. Thanks for sharing.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-13-2013 04:59 PM

This franchise hates its fans; sadly, few know they are despised.

Simplicity 03-13-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9494571)
Onee of the Harbaughs couldnt bench him fast enough! lol thanks for bringing that up! Proves the point.

We was leading the league in QBs last year before his injury and led the team to 6-2. The reason he didn't come back is because Kaepernick got a chance and was extremely good. Like unbelieveable.

kcxiv 03-13-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9494631)
Very important information. Thanks for sharing.

ITs very important, they had all the talent in the world and should have been winning instead, they sucked really bad and he got fired.

BossChief 03-13-2013 05:01 PM

The whole allure of the Andy Reid signing has been nullified.

We were excited about him being the HC because he had a history of developing quarterbacks and had a lot of success with McNabb and a similar player to McNabb is available at our pick.

He is a bad game day coach
Poor play caller
Poor cap manager
Poor clock manager

His ability to develop a franchise QB in KC is the only thing that made him attractive.

Now, we have Alex Smith.

At this point, **** Andy Reid.

ToxSocks 03-13-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9494577)
Hired a well respected head coach with years of NFL head coaching experience including several playoff appearances. Brought in a starting QB from a team unrelated to anyone in the regime. Resigned some of the better players on the team instead of trading them away. Pursued free agents aggressively.

Pioli Resigned some of our better players too.

Pioli was aggressive with 2nd/3rd Tier F/A's too.

Pioli Brought in a respected Coach with SB/Playoff experience too.

The similarities far outweigh the differences.

OnTheWarpath15 03-13-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9494629)
Yeah, maybe we should sit here with our thumbs up our asses and completely ignore the first 7 years of Alex Smith's career. Maybe we shouldn't, you know, think for ourselves and evaluate the situation ourselves. It's much easier to just be told this is gonna work and go with it, amirite?

"But, Detoxing...this is a new coaching staff, a fresh start for Alex Smith! It could work out for the better!"

Uh huh. That's exactly what niner fans had been saying since the kid was drafted. New staff comes, new staff goes, new staff comes, new staff goes. The only constant.....Alex "regime Killer" Smith.

"But, but Detoxing, didn't you see the way he played for the first half of last season before he was BENCHED??"

:rolleyes:

I don't know what to tell you people other than...in the words of Htismaque....."Bhaaaaa"

Of course we should ignore his first 7 years in the league.

While we're at it, we should ignore that the Niners tried to replace him with Peyton Manning, when that didn't happen, they drafted his replacement, and within a season and a half, had lost his job to a 2nd year player.

They've been dying to get rid of the guy for years.

Messier 03-13-2013 05:02 PM

Most here aren't going to give Smith a chance. When he does something well, credit will be given elsewhere, and any mistake will be talked about endlessly. If Smith sucks, he'll suck and we'll know this season. I could be wrong, but I don't think we'll get the Cassel treatment. Smith won't get four, or even three years to prove himself. I think if he's mediocre or worse, Reid and Dorsey will at least start window shopping for QBs after this season.