ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: drafting Geno now? Almost as big a coup as getting Montana in 93 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270738)

RunKC 03-04-2013 11:49 PM

We traded two 2nd round picks for Alex Smith, the QB our coach loves. He's starting for the next 4-5 years.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-04-2013 11:50 PM

Geno is not Mother Teresa. Yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465938)
It's pretty apparent that you change your mind every single day, if not twice a day, with your mock drafts.

I've had the same opinion all off-season: Geno Smith is not worthy of #1 overall.

Yet, none of you guys can concede that point and continue to canonize him every day.

I do change my mind, it's called adjusting to new information. The draft is an extremely fluid process. No shame in that.

But for all your bragging about consistency, you're certainly having a hell of a time changing your argument.

You were arguing that Geno Smith is not a 1st round caliber player.

Now you're arguing that he's not worthy of the 1st overall pick.

Those are two separate arguments. Combined, of course, with your little strawman flourish at the end.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465932)
**** you.

I proved my point to you, then you moved the goal post. Then you said that Drew Brees had a questionable arm (which is horseshit) and failed to prove it.

I kicked your stupid pathetic ass.

I said that Brees' arm wasn't anything special, not that it was questionable. Those were my exact words - YOU were the one to draw false conclusions from them. I said I would look it up, you aggressively said that you didn't give a shit so I didn't bother. Now you're whining that I didn't retrieve that info for you.

You're like a petulant child. If you would be a little more measured in your statements (and quit assuming the worst in others' statements), we could actually be having a discussion right now.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465946)
Thank you.

Well, at least I don't change my mind about players every 8 hours and make 4,453 mock drafts from January 1st until Draft Day.

You certainly could. I don't see a problem with that.

WakkaWakka 03-04-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465941)
Actually, that's not true. I watched several games on YouTube a few weeks back and watched the Combines.

The guy is not worthy of the number one overall pick, no matter what you, or SNR or Direckshun believes today or KC Tattoo, etc.

NOT #1 overall. Period.

Alex Smith isn't worthy of two 2nd round picks...what's your point?

Consistent1 03-04-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465890)
Brees always had strong accuracy and anticipation (the qualities that make him great today), and yet he fell to the second round in a draft that wasn't exactly stuffed with talent. I'll look for a scouting report.

There is a crazy Sports Science episode with Brees being just stupid accurate.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-04-2013 11:52 PM

I cant WAIT to draft Geno!/Dane
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:53 PM

I assume we'll be getting an apology thread in a week or two. ;)

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465948)
Gosselin doesn't have his big board out yet.
Schefter and Glazer are reporters, not draft analysts. All they can do is say, "Some anonymous GM says Geno Smith has a 24-inch cock." The same goes for Peter King. No, I'm not going to waste my team researching everything these guys have said about Geno Smith recently.

I don't know about Clark Judge, but something tells me you read something that says he's sour on Geno, so you may as well post it.

Exactly.

Schefter, Glazer, King and Judge are in touch with bonafide NFL scouts and GM's everyday. Either they've been silent on Geno Smith or they've point out doubts that true NFL people have about him.

Guys like Matt Miller and Walter and every other internet based guy isn't connected: It's pure conjecture. It's a crossword puzzle that they try to solve to look "smart" and attract website traffic.

This isn't personal. I couldn't care less if the guy goes in the first round or the 7th round. I'm just tired of the praise that showered upon him in this forum when it's the only place that does so.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465952)
I said that Brees' arm wasn't anything special, not that it was questionable. Those were my exact words - YOU were the one to draw false conclusions from them. I said I would look it up, you aggressively said that you didn't give a shit so I didn't bother. Now you're whining that I didn't retrieve that info for you.

You're like a petulant child. If you would be a little more measured in your statements (and quit assuming the worst in others' statements), we could actually be having a discussion right now.

And you're a ****ing moron that failed to prove anything you've said.

Good job, Dumbass.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465958)

lmao...I assume you'll be waiting till hell freezes.....lolz
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465958)

LMAO

So you actually believe that the Chiefs will draft Geno Smith #1 overall, and spend their first and second round picks on quarterbacks?

ROFL

You people are ****ing delusional

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465959)
Schefter, Glazer, King and Judge are in touch with bonafide NFL scouts and GM's everyday. Either they've been silent on Geno Smith or they've point out doubts that true NFL people have about him.

Unfortunately, in draft season, that doesn't mean much.

Schefter, for instance, is not going to risk his ironclad reputation reporting shit on what teams like what draft prospects for the most part, because 100% of the information they are fed is smokescreen bullshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-04-2013 11:56 PM

Dane, what's REALLY goin' on here? Lol....oh shit...
Posted via Mobile Device