ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Has anyone cancelled their Season Tickets? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270670)

Discuss Thrower 03-03-2013 12:01 PM

Why would anyone want tickets this year with Dallas and their army of mouth breathing t-shirt fans coming in with a 20,000 person invasion force?

stevieray 03-03-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9460132)
Being a Chiefs fan is pretty cool until you think about it too much.

:clap:

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-03-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9460138)
he keeps opening the club face...

He does.

DeezNutz 03-03-2013 12:04 PM

The season-ticket thread would be a real kick in the jewels right now. If memory serves, the rallying cry was, "Put our money where our mouths have been."

If only we had been more aware about where our mouths actually were...

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9460148)
The season-ticket thread would be a real kick in the jewels right now. If memory serves, the rallying cry was, "Put our money where our mouths have been."

If only we had been more aware about where our mouths actually were...

Like Clark Hunt boning our Mom and we are the cuckold?

tooge 03-03-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9460128)
You realize that your golf comparison is completely disanalogous, correct?

No, I disagree. On the premise that each is a form of entertainment. Each has a goal that the person being entertained is striving for, and each has it's disappointments when the goal isn't achieved. I do realize that one has it's success somewhat in the persons control and the other does not

Discuss Thrower 03-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9460159)
Like Clark Hunt boning our Mom and we are the cuckold?

Uhhhhh, you know this implies incest

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-03-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9460162)
No, I disagree. On the premise that each is a form of entertainment. Each has a goal that the person being entertained is striving for, and each has it's disappointments when the goal isn't achieved. I do realize that one has it's success somewhat in the persons control and the other does not

One's success is entirely in the person's control. In the other, the person has absolutely no control over the success or failure of the team.

DaFace 03-03-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9460128)
You realize that your golf comparison is completely disanalogous, correct?

I don't have an issue with it. That's probably the mentality that separates "true fans" from whatever you hardcore types are calling yourselves these days.

I'm mostly interested in being entertained for 16 (or more) weeks per year by watching a consistently competitive team and hanging out with family every weekend. While I'd like to see them win a playoff game soon, I don't look back on the season as being completely ruined when they don't.

Case in point: this year was a million times more fun for Bronco fans than it was for Chiefs fans. You can say it was a failure because they didn't win a playoff game all you want, but I guarantee you most Bronco fans had a great time this season.

farmerchief 03-03-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9460140)
Why would anyone want tickets this year with Dallas and their army of mouth breathing t-shirt fans coming in with a 20,000 person invasion force?

I would imagine to watch the Cowboy faithful go home broken hearted, would be my guess?:hmmm:

tooge 03-03-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9460167)
One's success is entirely in the person's control. In the other, the person has absolutely no control over the success or failure of the team.

In theory yes. In reality no. If you want to be a scratch golfer, you can invest money in lessons, equipment, and practice, and still be unable to be a scratch golfer

Discuss Thrower 03-03-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerchief (Post 9460171)
I would imagine to watch the Cowboy faithful go home broken hearted, would be my guess?:hmmm:

When's the last time KC has beat the asshats from Dallas?

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-03-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9460168)
I don't have an issue with it. That's probably the mentality that separates "true fans" from whatever you hardcore types are calling yourselves these days.

I'm mostly interested in being entertained for 16 (or more) weeks per year by watching a consistently competitive team and hanging out with family every weekend. While I'd like to see them win a playoff game soon, I don't look back on the season as being completely ruined when they don't.

In the golf comparison, your actions are the only thing that determine the success or failure of your round.

In the football comparison, you literally have absolutely no impact on the franchise other than forming a partial economic subsidy.

If you want to compare it to watching a movie, TV show, going to a play, concert, fine. Those are all also forms of entertainment that your actions don't affect whatsoever. But it's not in any way related to actively participating in the sport and basing your experience on your results.

DaFace 03-03-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9460177)
In the golf comparison, your actions are the only thing that determine the success or failure of your round.

In the football comparison, you literally have absolutely no impact on the franchise other than forming a partial economic subsidy.

If you want to compare it to watching a movie, TV show, going to a play, concert, fine. Those are all also forms of entertainment that your actions don't affect whatsoever. But it's not in any way related to actively participating in the sport and basing your experience on your results.

I guess I don't see why it matters whether you're in control or not for the basis of this discussion. If control were the central issue in investment, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-03-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9460175)
In theory yes. In reality no. If you want to be a scratch golfer, you can invest money in lessons, equipment, and practice, and still be unable to be a scratch golfer

Yes, and your actions and talent determine that. You are limited by your own shortcomings. You have no impact on anything the franchise does.

It's not that two are even tangentially related, they are so unrelated as to be perfect antonyms of one another.

You think you're comparing two different kinds of dogs. You're actually comparing vertebrates and invertebrates.