ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs It has gone beyond embarrassing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267503)

notorious 12-09-2012 05:53 PM

It's not embarrassing if I don't give a **** anymore.

Iowanian 12-09-2012 05:54 PM

I see it differently.

As plugged up with concrete turds as this team is, Clark Hunt will have no choice but to give it an enema.

So, alter your expectations, accept that this team is as bad as it has ever been and around a month from now, Clark is going to have his herald trumpeters play the brown noise.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-09-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9193948)
You know, one of the things that concerns me (among the multitude of fears and woes) is the fact that Len Dawson doesn't speak publicly about how totally screwed up this team has become. It isn't that it's not completely obvious and he is occasionally critical during the games. But here's a guy who, along with Nick Buoniconti, used to host the biggest NFL-centric program on television and presumably has a pretty good grasp of the game and what is needed to win. Yet, he stands in the background for the most part and allows these imbeciles to destroy the franchise step by dreadful step.

Of all the people who have come and gone over the years, Lenny owes it to the fans to be honest and up-front ... and public. I guess he's just collecting his paycheck like everybody else, but that isn't how he played the game.

FAX

I just had a warm, fuzzy, Inside The NFL-flashback.

Rep.

Chief Roundup 12-09-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9193991)
There wasn't a RGIII in the draft this time last year. People still considered him a late R1 or early R2 pick.

I'll agree that there's not a Luck-like prospect in this draft, but the depth in this draft at the QB position is as solid as it's been in years. Several of these guys have a chance to be successful.

I have been seeing this statement a lot lately. I think it is incorrect. RG3 was a finalists for the Heisman last year.
As I recall there was a lot of talk about him. No not like there was after the combine and interviews. But there was a lot of chatter because of the season that he had.

bevischief 12-09-2012 05:59 PM

Draft another midget...

Baby Lee 12-09-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

There wasn't a RGIII in the draft this time last year. People still considered him a late R1 or early R2 pick.

I'll agree that there's not a Luck-like prospect in this draft, but the depth in this draft at the QB position is as solid as it's been in years. Several of these guys have a chance to be successful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9194037)
I have been seeing this statement a lot lately. I think it is incorrect. RG3 was a finalists for the Heisman last year.
As I recall there was a lot of talk about him. No not like there was after the combine and interviews. But there was a lot of chatter because of the season that he had.

I concur with the latter. Talk was even whether he'd go over Luck. Consensus was he wouldn't, but that was just because Luck was phenomenal. RGIII was widely respected and his stint in the NFL was highly anticipated. Not just athletic and accurate but mature and intelligent as well.

Don't know the EXACT timeline, but well over a just year sounds right.

Saleenman607 12-09-2012 06:38 PM

To the OP.......

#14 Worthless, silent and tight fisted owner.

Please sell the team to someone who cares.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9194037)

Until about mid-February (maybe early March) the consensus on RG3 was the "can he take snaps from under center in the NfL" standard spread QB conversation...

htismaqe 12-09-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9193989)
So Wilson and Smith are gone you are setting there at #3. Are you really going to draft Barkley?

Yep. And not think twice about it.

This is a new era, the CBA is too conducive to taking a QB every year until you find one.

Messier 12-09-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9194582)
Yep. And not think twice about it.

This is a new era, the CBA is too conducive to taking a QB every year until you find one.

No. I know we neeeeeeed a QB, but let's not take a late 1st, early 2nd round QB 3rd overall. If the first two QBs are gone, either take the next best one in the 2nd, or, sadly, we wait another year for the QBOF.

milkman 12-09-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

I'm going to repost something I posted a couple of weeks ago to follow up on your post here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9142746)
I am really amazed at the stupidity here.

In 2011, the first 3 QBs taken were Cam Newton, Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert.

In 2010, the first 3 QBs taken were Sam Bradford, Tim TeBow and Jimmy Clausen.

In 2009, the first 3 QBs taken were Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman.

In 2008, the first 3 QBs taken were Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and Brian Brohm.

And you think this is a down year for QBs.

Last year's draft was an anomaly.

This is a superior top 3 than any of those listed above.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9194603)
No. I know we neeeeeeed a QB, but let's not take a late 1st, early 2nd round QB 3rd overall. If the first two QBs are gone, either take the next best one in the 2nd, or, sadly, we wait another year for the QBOF.

With the current CBA, a team should use their first pick on a QB every year until they find one.

Baby Lee 12-09-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9194660)
With the current CBA, a team should use their first pick on a QB every year until they find one.

I think that's slight overstatement, particularly if you're a top five picker and 2 QBs are already gone.

Draft every QB you are fairly convinced has the goods and is at least on the block of BPA? Sure.

Draft a QB because even blind squirrels can find nuts. Not so much, particularly if clearly superior is still available.

LiveSteam 12-09-2012 08:25 PM

Its Botarded
I wont even waist the electricity that it takes to run my TV to watch it. Im that done

ROYC75 12-09-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9193451)
Never said that. There's a good shot that the #1 will address one of the needs. I'm saying the holes on the team will need 2 or 3 drafts to address.

Having the # 1 pick and then the top of each round should bring in the best talent we have ever seen. But that depends on the person and people in charge of the draft.

Picking up a few good players in the FA signing period and keeping what good players we have now , plus with a new staff, will be head and shoulders the # of wins we have this year, a few breaks could be pivotal to a possible play off venture. Give them a year of building team chemistry and you are looking at playoffs in year 2 after the 2014 draft.