ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The state of the Kansas City Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267254)

TimeForWasp 12-01-2012 03:14 PM

Belcher should be fined and suspended.

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9168011)
This isnt Pioli and Crennel's fault. Im sorry as much as I want them gone. This was between Belcher and his girlfriend

We have no idea what was going on in his head to say this. Mental illness is a messy thing and it is real. We have no idea and will never know what he was thinking.

lcarus 12-01-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168247)
It is terrible that Pioli and Romeo had to witness the event. However, given the magnitude of the event, he probably exhibited symptoms prior to this event. People very rarely just go do this type of thing without notice. As his leaders they had it within their power to intervene to prevent such an action, and failed to do so. This post will probably bring me a lot more grief than it's worth, but even the army is putting the emphasis on leader and peer awareness and intervention. I don't see how it should be any different in a football organization.

Well we really don't know if he exhibited anything prior to this, regardless of how often that is the case. We also don't know if Crennel and/or Pioli spent much time with Belcher. They do have their respective jobs to do. I'm more interested in hearing what his teammates have to say about this. They'd be the ones most likely to have known if he had shown any signs of depression or anger prior to this.

Jenson71 12-01-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

It is terrible that Pioli and Romeo had to witness the event. However, given the magnitude of the event, he probably exhibited symptoms prior to this event. People very rarely just go do this type of thing without notice. As his leaders they had it within their power to intervene to prevent such an action, and failed to do so. This post will probably bring me a lot more grief than it's worth, but even the army is putting the emphasis on leader and peer awareness and intervention. I don't see how it should be any different in a football organization.

It might cause you grief because it's wildly speculative and accusatory. It's no secret that NFL defensive players are aggressive. It's their career.

You should have strong evidence before this statement applies: "they had it within their power to intervene to prevent such an action, and failed to do so."

jspchief 12-01-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Pure speculative bullshit.

Stop trying to project your displeasure with this team's front office onto this situation.

Agent V 12-01-2012 03:19 PM

Suicidal people hide their symptoms all the time. We can't blame the front office for not being able to read Belcher's mind. Nobody should be blaming anybody for anything right now.

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168072)
I don't think anyone associated with this tragedy should be part of the leadership group next season.

We badly need a fresh start.

I agree.

jspchief 12-01-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 9168273)
Suicidal people hide their symptoms all the time. We can't blame the front office for not being able to read Belcher's mind. Nobody should be blaming anybody for anything right now.

I blame the girlfriend for not recognizing his symptoms and putting herself in a position to be shot. She should also be charged with child endangerment.

/CP windowlickers

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9168185)
Shit no, because of the whole thing, man.

The Haley firing was inexcusable, 4 seasons of Matt Cassel AFTER 3 seasons of Huard/Croyle/Thigpen, letting Carr walk, Larry Johnson, the list goes on and on...but the reality is that This team has fallen flat on its face ever since Clark Hunt took over, almost from the ****ing minute it happened.

I think he's a billionaire business man who doesn't care about football, the Chiefs, fheir fans or Kansas City in general.

and I think it kinda shows. Forgive me for feeling disgusted when I look through my closet and all I see are red jerseys and red/yellow hoodies.

I feel like a ****ing chump because I have nothing else to wear.

I feel like I'm a sucker who's been duped.

Understandable emotions, but I believe these will pass when we get a new GM and things genuinely begin moving in the right direction. At some point--I hope not too long from now--there will be a rebirth of Arrowhead.

FloridaMan88 12-01-2012 03:21 PM

When you factor in everything that has happened under Pioli's watch the past 12 months... the Arrowhead Anxiety article, the reports that morale (both among players and other team employees) is at an all time low and the fact another Chiefs employee was involved in a murder suicide in September, it is reasonable to consider how this all might be related.

Just from a football standpoint, the good news is the right GM/HC and QB can instantly change a franchise, regardless of how bad things have been. See the Atlanta Falcons after the Vick/Bobby Petrino fiasco, see the Saints after Hurricane Katrina, etc.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9168278)
I blame the girlfriend for not recognizing his symptoms and putting herself in a position to be shot. She should also be charged with child endangerment.

/CP windowlickers

this is a joke right

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9168141)
Belcher's troubles were 100% personal. For all we know he could have been happy as heck with his job. Yeah it sucks for the fans that we're 1-10 and have a shit sandwich at QB. But for him...he's paid a pretty penny to play a game he loves to play. He probably got along great with his coaches and teammates. But whatever happened with his relationship issues caused this.

We have no idea to back this up.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 03:25 PM

Depression affects more than 21 million American children and adults annually and is the leading cause of disability in the United States for individuals ages 15 to 44.

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9168146)
The only way Pioli 'contributed' to what transpired is that he drafted Belcher and brought him here, fired the only coach who ever got anything out of him, a coach who instilled discipline and accountability...

but that doesn't add up to murdering your girfriend in front of your kid and your mom.

I'll blame Pioli for a LOT of the Chiefs' troubles...but you seriously can't put this one on Pioli.

No matter how bad things have become, no one saw this coming.

There are always signs. No one saw it.

Red Beans 12-01-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168004)
This doesn't change anything with respect to the changes that need to be made.

This.