ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SOC - Launching the "Can Pioli" Food Drive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267107)

Bob Dole 11-27-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9156203)
Stickers are expensive. Nobody should need a reward for donating cans.
The reward is supporting the SOC cause to rid of Pioli, and to help feed the homeless.

**** a sticker or a t-shirt.

You could get thousands of 2"x2" at a nickel each, FYI.

Rasputin 11-27-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLand21 (Post 9156350)
Reaper...first of all, roll tide. Secondly, how do you get those logo sigs? That's pretty sweet. help?

PM Bob Dole. Oh you still have fewer than 100 post so you may double up PMing Bob Dole or he wont listen.

DaKCMan AP 11-27-2012 10:15 AM

ROFL Awesome.

Phobia 11-27-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9156334)
I still think the off-site idea is not good, but just in regards to the CDL drivers, you just hire them for one slot, before or after. If they want to accept employment for both a before and after slot, that's up to them.

Or maybe there's some shortage of drivers and vehicles that I'm not aware of?

We haven't even gotten far enough to check. Somebody suggested we find a transport company willing to donate shuttles. I don't see any business owner willing to do that. Frankly, I'm inevitably going to be a guy stuck shouldering lots of this coordination and I'm not interested in the stress/reward ratio. There is no reward for me. It's just a ton of unnecessary work. If somebody else wants to take that on and they have ideas or the ability to pull it off, then I'm all for it. Personally, I think it's a disaster waiting to happen. For what? The chance to keep $80k out of Clark's pocket? He pays Pioli, Crennel, Daboll, Cassel and Bowe that much in a single day.

bowener 11-27-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn (Post 9156037)
Every donation of 10 cans or more receives a free Blackout T-shirt? Keep the positive charity movement going, and get more fans in black inside Arrowhead.

That's a hell of a deal considering I can go to Aldis and get 10 cans of [GENERIC FOOD STUFFS] for less than $4 or so...

Graystoke 11-27-2012 10:47 AM

Most Eggselent idea!
SOC pretty much is kickin ass!

Rasputin 11-27-2012 10:52 AM

:(Wish I wasn't so damn broke so I could help out. I'd so be there to do all I can for the cause.

gblowfish 11-27-2012 11:17 AM

I love this idea. Positive thing to do for the community, and keeps the heat on Pioli. Beautiful.

scho63 11-27-2012 11:31 AM

Absolutely AWESOME idea and this should be something the media and JWHIT can help promote or mention on air.

Wish I was in KC to be part of this. You guys are doing a great job-keep rowing!

Dave Lane 11-27-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9156095)
My guess is the Chiefs will do NOTHING to stop this.

They let a fan with a PIOLI FRAUD sign into the stadium.

They let him stand in a primo seating area and flash it around during the game.

Whoever is running the SS at Arrowhead these days has been given marching orders to allow SOC activities to take place unhindered.

I think the taste of bad press from the Blackout has scared the begeezus out of the PR wanks.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 12:43 PM

While this is a brilliant idea - any particular reason why it was short noticed?

This would've been a great banner slogan for next week and give you fellas 2 weeks for a media blitz to have it running for the Colts game.

Love the idea, just think the runup could've been more effective.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 11-27-2012 12:59 PM

we are doing it for the last 2 home games. when you have an idea like this, you push it and get an initial response. You use that initial event to tell people who didn't bring food that we'll do it again on 12/23 for the Colts game.

Red Brooklyn 11-27-2012 01:01 PM

This is fantastic.

Great work, team.

Dave Lane 11-27-2012 02:39 PM

I think we need to twitter this, Facebook this and more. I'm sure Harvesters will arrange a pickup truck bed to fill up (maybe 2-3). Its the easy way to handle it or maybe a couple member with pickups can just fill up their beds with cans and drop them the next day.

This is a fantastic opportunity for a lot of free positive press and just sitting on the idea is silly from multiple viewpoints including feeding the hungry.

Agent V 11-27-2012 03:03 PM

Fantastic idea. I'll be donating.