ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV House - Season 8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250929)

lcarus 03-13-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8424817)
Thank God.
I get off at 7 so I haven't been able to watch the show in real time since they changed it.

Heck I prefer to watch shows on DVR. I hate commercials so much.

Micjones 03-14-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8446838)
and I'm not liking it. I keep going to watch House on the dvr and it's not there. At least now I know when it'll restart.

Me either, but I rarely watch House in real time anyway.
I usually watch it on Justin TV.

Micjones 03-14-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8449856)
Heck I prefer to watch shows on DVR. I hate commercials so much.

As do I.

Micjones 04-20-2012 11:39 AM

Any thoughts on House since they returned from break?

whoman69 04-20-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8555474)
Any thoughts on House since they returned from break?

House is even more of an a-hole. Wilson has pretty much even given up trying because House doesn't respect his opinion at all anymore. Not sure why Chase even stays around. Taub is just going through the motions. Adams is just your latest pretty face and with Park just an amalgam of Masters. I think the show has run its course.

lcarus 04-20-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8555868)
House is even more of an a-hole. Wilson has pretty much even given up trying because House doesn't respect his opinion at all anymore. Not sure why Chase even stays around. Taub is just going through the motions. Adams is just your latest pretty face and with Park just an amalgam of Masters. I think the show has run its course.

It has definitely run its course. I mean, House is a great character that I could keep watching, but the timing to end it now is right.

lcarus 04-20-2012 04:49 PM

Another thing about this show. The formula is so tired. I literally have the remote control in my hand ready to fast forward when the patient starts convulsing/coughing up blood/foaming at the mouth/or suffocating. It never fails. And when House solves the case while talking about something random...do they have to do that with EVERY episode? Why not just do it every once in a while so it doesn't become so ridiculous? They're more or less running gags at this point, and have been for a while.

Micjones 04-23-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8555868)

More of an asshole? Not sure I agree with that.
I think he's about the same as he ever was.

That's an interesting take on Adams though.
I don't think her sense of morality interferes with performing her job (in a way that pleases House) like it did with Masters.
Nor do I think that she's as brilliant as Masters was.

If ANYTHING...I think she's the new Cameron.

Gonzo 04-23-2012 08:51 AM

It has been my favorite show for 2 years now but I haven't watched a new episode for a month. The direction it has taken has not interested me much at all.

I'll catch up soon, though. There's only what, 4 episodes left?

Micjones 04-23-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8556011)
Another thing about this show. The formula is so tired. I literally have the remote control in my hand ready to fast forward when the patient starts convulsing/coughing up blood/foaming at the mouth/or suffocating. It never fails. And when House solves the case while talking about something random...do they have to do that with EVERY episode? Why not just do it every once in a while so it doesn't become so ridiculous? They're more or less running gags at this point, and have been for a while.

I think every show has a certain formula.
There's more than enough tension, twists and laughs throughout though that it doesn't bother me.

Micjones 04-23-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8560412)
It has been my favorite show for 2 years now but I haven't watched a new episode for a month. The direction it has taken has not interested me much at all.

I'll catch up soon, though. There's only what, 4 episodes left?

5 episodes left.
I hate that I looked now because I saw the title of the last episode.

Strongly suggests that my idea for how the show ought to end...will come to pass. Now I'm tempted to read the show description. Damn you Gonz!

KC_Connection 04-23-2012 11:55 AM

House has been on the decline for several seasons now and I haven't been watching regularly. I'll probably tune into watch the end of it, though.

Gonzo 04-23-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8560423)
5 episodes left.
I hate that I looked now because I saw the title of the last episode.

Strongly suggests that my idea for how the show ought to end...will come to pass. Now I'm tempted to read the show description. Damn you Gonz!

Well.... Shit.

I guess I'm going to have to get caught up tonight. The beginning of the end is on it's way, I'm afraid.

I just read that Kutner, Masters and 13 will be in the finale. That bitch Cuddy won't reprise her role, though. I guess the producers tried like a mofo but she's being all menstrual about it.

House should have made her eat bumper last season.

Micjones 04-23-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8560662)
House has been on the decline for several seasons now and I haven't been watching regularly. I'll probably tune into watch the end of it, though.

I disagree, but that might be because I was a latecomer to the series.
I've seen mostly every episode to this point, but I came in about 2 years ago.

Micjones 04-23-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8560684)
Well.... Shit.

I guess I'm going to have to get caught up tonight. The beginning of the end is on it's way, I'm afraid.

I just read that Kutner, Masters and 13 will be in the finale. That bitch Cuddy won't reprise her role, though. I guess the producers tried like a mofo but she's being all menstrual about it.

House should have made her eat bumper last season.

GAH!

Come on Gonz... No more information!
I already know more than I need to.

I never expected Edelstein to return to the show. She seemed pretty resolute that she was finished with the series. Bringing her back might've been contrived anyway. I think not having her back forces the show to have a more creative (yet natural) ending.

I never understood the point of Masters. That always seemed like a Band-Aid for the show. A sloppy B-plan for dealing with Olivia Wylde's Hollywood hiatus. I think all of their efforts to have female doctors on the show, the past few seasons, have been manufactured. Masters. Adams. Park. The pretty dumb girl that Chase had the hots for. The show's kinda been reeling, in that regard, since Jennifer Morrison (and later Wylde) left the show.