ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Disturbing Miley Cyrus Photos (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184004)

Molitoth 04-28-2008 08:41 PM

I wanna see Miley's mom, is she hot?

Mile High Mania 04-28-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4724284)
Don't forget the matriarch of ruining our kids - Madonna. I remember reading that now that she has kids of her own, she won't let them watch TV. That just infuriates me; what a fucking hypocrite. Her kids should get the Clockwork Orange treatment watching the crap their skank whore of a mother subjected all of us to.

ROFL

Mile High Mania 04-28-2008 08:50 PM

All I know is .. that first pic just isn't normal. The mag shouldn't print it... her dad shouldn't allow it. Some things are just common sense. The girl is 15... sadly, she is destined to be Britney v3.2 in a few years

jspchief 04-28-2008 08:59 PM

Here's why it's (kinda) a big deal to me...

A month ago, among all the young females in entertainment that are influencing kids, Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana was actually one that you wouldn't be terrified to see your own daughter emulate. It's not easy to show young girls good role models (that they actually can relate to), and Disney was giving us some reprieve.

Now she's done a photo that IMO is very inappropriate for a 15 year old girl. A photo that's spawning conversation about a 15 year old girl's pubic hair.

I don't expect TV to raise my children, but I'm not f'ing Amish either. Normal children look up to television personalities to a certain degree, and pitting your advice against the antics of the it-girl of the moment is an uphill battle.

Deberg_1990 04-28-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 4724509)
sadly, she is destined to be Britney v3.2 in a few years

Lets not go Overboard now.

Seems like she made an honest mistake and has apologized for it.

She seems to have a better support system around her than Brittney had.

KCUnited 04-28-2008 09:12 PM

Anyone who gets off on the 1st picture must have thoughts of ****ing Johnny Depp in the tits cuz that bitch looks like Sweeney Todd.

Anyone who gets off on a pic with Billy Ray in it, well....

ChiefsFanatic 04-28-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 4724086)
He wasn't there, but her Grandmother and Publicist were.

He was there. He was in the photoshoot. Also, I have seen the video of the shoot, and he was there.

Mile High Mania 04-28-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4724539)
Lets not go Overboard now.

Seems like she made an honest mistake and has apologized for it.

She seems to have a better support system around her than Brittney had.

I'm willing to bet that fans of young Britney, young Lohan and those crazy Olson twins said the same...

Mecca 04-28-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 4724576)
Anyone who gets off on the 1st picture must have thoughts of ****ing Johnny Depp in the tits cuz that bitch looks like Sweeney Todd.

Anyone who gets off on a pic with Billy Ray in it, well....

Some people dig the mullet..

Frazod 04-28-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 4724579)
I'm willing to bet that fans of young Britney, young Lohan and those crazy Olson twins said the same...

To be fair, the Olsens aren't skanky. Just bony and creepy. :D

jspchief 04-28-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 4724579)

Other than being a bit weird, have the Olsen twins actually done anything that bad?

Mecca 04-28-2008 09:19 PM

Some people are just crazy....

I however am still not disturbed by these photos.

cdcox 04-28-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 4724103)
Your point is well taken about the majority of your post. My argument is that, we probably shouldn't be teaching our kids to be ashamed of any of this in the first place. I'm not talking about abondoning all modesty. But, I think modesty has very little to do with morality. It's more to do with tact.

Suppressing sexuality as a teen is FAR more damaging to a psyche than goofing around and taking some provacative photos.

How damaging is having an incurable STD? How damaging is an unwanted pregnancy? The photos are less damaging to reality that the promiscuity that they (seem to) condone. As a former teenager and a current parent, most kids don't have a well developed sense of their own indtentity, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Would you owned a company that generated $40k a year in income (peanuts) do you think it would be a good idea to turn it over to a random 15 yo? Hell no. Why would you encourage them to be put in charge of the ability to make a life, or to prevent the spread of incurable disease, to enter into emotional situations they are ill equiped to deal with, or to destroy their own or someone elses economic future? All of these issues are a lot more important that a measley $40K company.

Yes teenagers are sexually active, there are consequences when they become active, and people deal with those consequences the best they can. That's life. But society suppresses teenage sexuality for a damn good reason. Maybe I misunderstood your post, but if you think teenage sexuality should be freely and fully expressed, I disagree in the strongest terms.

Adept Havelock 04-28-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 4724578)
He was there. He was in the photoshoot. Also, I have seen the video of the shoot, and he was there.

The news had said he had left before that photo was taken, but the Grandmother and Publicist were there. Either way, they probably should have been smart enough to realize it wasn't a good idea.

007 04-28-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4724284)
Don't forget the matriarch of ruining our kids - Madonna. I remember reading that now that she has kids of her own, she won't let them watch TV. That just infuriates me; what a fucking hypocrite. Her kids should get the Clockwork Orange treatment watching the crap their skank whore of a mother subjected all of us to.

Amen to that.