ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs [KC taking a QB #1] "I say absolutely no chance of that happening." -Mel Kiper (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269805)

Messier 02-07-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9386236)
Thats fine for you to think that, but until they actually pull the trigger and do it, well, you know the rest. We've had this before. Coach X is different, GM Y is different. Well, yeah they are yet here we are.

And like has been said before, better doesn't always equal good.

When have we had this situation before? Who is like Reid that the Chiefs have had?

NJChiefsFan 02-07-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjy90 (Post 9385839)
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8925376

Says it around 3:45

I prefer Mayock over at NFL for my mock drafts, but Kiper is smart enough and cares enough about his reputation to not make a statement like that unless he absolutely believes in it.

Impressive that with the title of your post you still managed to say something else in your post as, or perhaps more, stupid. If Kiper cared about his reputation he wouldn't have EVER projected Teo to KC at #1. Not to mention half the other stuff he has done.

O.city 02-07-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9386247)
I'm just asking, when has Reid not had a QB he developed? He'll have his QB, and it won't be a cast off.

Well, Vick, Garcia and a few others beg to differ.

O.city 02-07-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9386259)
When have we had this situation before? Who is like Reid that the Chiefs have had?

This exact situation? Probably never, duh. But we just got out from under the guy who was sure fire getting us to the top etc.

AussieChiefsFan 02-07-2013 10:05 PM

:banghead::banghead:

RunKC 02-07-2013 10:05 PM

This isn't the first time this has been said by these clowns.

In 2010, Sam Bradford had questions and the Rams were being mocked Suh. A year later, Cam Newton wasn't being mocked to the Panthers and these guys were mocking Von Miller and Marcel Dareus to them.

The process will come forth. One of these QB's will be taken 1st overall just like those years. It will most likely be after their pro day when it's set in stone.

keg in kc 02-07-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9386232)
A lot of people are expecting the Chiefs to do the wrong thing, and assuming they won't have a rookie QB, because they've never seen it before, but remember, this is Andy Reid's team. I know they've said the GM and coach have equal say, but Reid will have the say. It's Reid's decision on draft day. When has Reid not had a QB in the system to groom? Even in the Vick years, he had Kolb and Foles right behind him, and they're both better than any QB the Chiefs had under SP.

I guess I understand all the doubt, but we've never, and I'm going back to Marty's days, has a QB guru as a coach. It'll be different, and the one thing I'm almost counting on, is the Chiefs will develop their own QB under Reid.

It's about limiting expectations to limit disappointment. I'd rather expect them to do the wrong thing and be pleasantly surprised.

Messier 02-07-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9386299)
Well, Vick, Garcia and a few others beg to differ.

Garcia was a back up pressed into service, and as I said during the Vick years (By the way, I credit Reid for getting his career back on track) Reid was developing Kolb and Foles. You might like either of those two, but Kolb was turned into draft picks and players, and we don't know what Foles can be, but I'd rather have him than any QB under Scott.

Messier 02-07-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9386306)
This exact situation? Probably never, duh. But we just got out from under the guy who was sure fire getting us to the top etc.

What coach was that?

O.city 02-07-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9386406)
Garcia was a back up pressed into service, and as I said during the Vick years (By the way, I credit Reid for getting his career back on track) Reid was developing Kolb and Foles. You might like either of those two, but Kolb was turned into draft picks and players, and we don't know what Foles can be, but I'd rather have him than any QB under Scott.

Better than we've had, again, doesn't equal good.

O.city 02-07-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9386408)
What coach was that?

:rolleyes:

If you want to argue semantics, fine. We just had the supposed best GM of the decade for four years.

Excuse me if I'm going to wait and see before I start stroking the new front office and head coach.

Especially when it's being thrown around that they are going to make the same mistake that all the others have.

Messier 02-07-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9386411)
Better than we've had, again, doesn't equal good.

Reid has had GOOD QB play out of every QB he's had.

O.city 02-07-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9386416)
Reid has had GOOD QB play out of every QB he's had.

Then we're set with Cassel right?

Hootie 02-07-2013 10:30 PM

I will say...

this board doesn't really have the best track record when it comes to DEEP DESIRE for QB's....

the drafturbators had me crushing on Sanchize and Jimmy Clausen....said Matt Stafford was the greatest QB since Joe Montania.

but it's time

TAKE A QB #1 (hopefully Geno)

NJChiefsFan 02-07-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9386419)
Then we're set with Cassel right?

I don't think that works. The QB's Reid has gotten good play out of he had a selection in. Therefore you could argue their good play had something to do with what Reid saw in them. None of them were a situation like Cassel where he was handed shit.